test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry mission now has 92 Errors in it and is un-publishable.

altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Now i know why one of my foundry missions never got republished after LoR.

i just got into the editor and see that the one of the maps (ice cave 03) is only half there now. it seems that the map is now cropped in some odd way. so there in now 92 error for object placement of things that fall out side of the map.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/32zs8rp.jpg
I thought that all the issued had been taken care before the foundry edit was brought back online...

the mission is Tipping Point and the number is ST-HBS33H8KT, in case there is a Dev who looks at this stuff.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's some unusual behavior. It looks like the editable zone has shifted. Are you noticing any other maps that have this issue?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the exact same issue in my KDF mission 'The prisoner'

The map has not shifted. 3/4 of it has just vanished.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it the same map or a different map?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its the same map.
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    looked through maps on tribble and that is the only map that appears to have had it's play area shifted.

Template Ice caves Interior 3.
    1. stand corrected more than just that map.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Nope, I have another one for you.

Briar Patch Research Interior. -->>Picture.

5616 error messages! My mission is now FUBAR.
    Post edited by stardestroyer001 on
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kassae station doesn't seem to be cropped as bad as those, but you definitely used to be able to place objects below the lowest floor level, but now you can't. In fact, just standing on the lowest floor level can pop up a map boundary message about your officer's tricorder not registering anything in that direction.

Thankfully I only got one out-of-bounds object on that one, but it's still too borked for me to want to republish until the message at least goes away.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    In the process of trying to fix some pathing issues a few maps were broken. All the ones mentioned are known issues.

Also, to be clear, "all" foundry issues were not fixed. It was the interact and waypoint issues that appeared with Legacy of Romulus that needed to be and were fixed before editing was re-enabled.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In the process of trying to fix some pathing issues a few maps were broken. All the ones mentioned are known issues.

Also, to be clear, "all" foundry issues were not fixed. It was the interact and waypoint issues that appeared with Legacy of Romulus that needed to be and were fixed before editing was re-enabled.

Thanks for the response.

In repairing the pathing issues, will the original map sizes be restored? Or must we either move all of the material into a different location, or delete the map, in order to publish?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully, the fix for the map will just put things back to what it was. However, I can't promise anything. I also don't know when a fix might appear. So it's up to you if you want to replace the map or just wait for a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully, the fix for the map will just put things back to what it was. However, I can't promise anything. I also don't know when a fix might appear. So it's up to you if you want to replace the map or just wait for a fix.

Alright, thanks for the info. In the meantime, I'll work on the other segments on the mission; hopefully by the time that's done, the problem is found and fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

are we talking about days? months? or years before this is looked at? because there is no way to swap out a map and keep all the assets in place, you have to rebuild the whole section of a mission if the map has a problem. This is the third time a map change has disabled one of my missions. I spent a lot of time building the maps in my missions, I am not too keen to go back in a redo all that work again.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    altexist wrote: »
    are we talking about days? months? or years before this is looked at? because there is no way to swap out a map and keep all the assets in place, you have to rebuild the whole section of a mission if the map has a problem. This is the third time a map change has disabled one of my missions. I spent a lot of time building the maps in my missions, I am not too keen to go back in a redo all that work again.

I understand your frustration. I can tell you that the problem is still being worked on and has proven more difficult than initially expected, so we're talking at least weeks for a fix. Please note that that is only conjecture on my part and could be wrong.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I understand your frustration. I can tell you that the problem is still being worked on and has proven more difficult than initially expected, so we're talking at least weeks for a fix. Please note that that is only conjecture on my part and could be wrong.

just to clarify. Which part is conjecture ? " that the problem is still being worked "? , " has proven more difficult than initially expected " or " we're talking at least weeks for a fix"?

I am not meaning to troll you. I can see that you are on the forums every day dealing with players at the grassroots' level and I appreciate that. But i am getting the feel that you guys (the Devs) acknowledge the bugs in the foundry and want to fix them but there are no "boots on the ground" working on the foundry at all. There was a lot talk that when Neverwinter went live the Foundry Dev team would return and put some focus on STO's Foundry. Is this the case? or is it just you doing everything?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    just to clarify. Which part is conjecture ? " that the problem is still being worked "? , " has proven more difficult than initially expected " or " we're talking at least weeks for a fix"?

I am not meaning to troll you. I can see that you are on the forums every day dealing with players at the grassroots' level and I appreciate that. But i am getting the feel that you guys (the Devs) acknowledge the bugs in the foundry and want to fix them but there are no "boots on the ground" working on the foundry at all. There was a lot talk that when Neverwinter went live the Foundry Dev team would return and put some focus on STO's Foundry. Is this the case? or is it just you doing everything?

The conjecture was how long this might take to fix. As I've said before, I'm just a lowly QA Tester. I don't fix bugs, I just hunt them and document them. All decisions about what gets fixed and when are way above my pay grade.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am in agreement with Altexist,.
    This same map bug has part 4 of my Spawn of Medusa
    series down. (the pilot episode is featured)
    Now those wishing to cannot complete the series
    without skipping a very important key part of it, which
    will ruin the story.

Sure would like to hear from someone that they
    are working on it and might have an idea of how long this may take.

If you can't answer, maybe someone above your "pay grade" could give us some kind of response. It would be appreciated
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    edited July 2013

At least a few weeks? Well, at least we're given a rough estimate...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    BTW a similar issue exists with the Argelius interior. The map is now only about 1/4 of it's former width and the starbase interior I built inside of it is too large to fit in the new reduced size. At present I have 910 errors on the map. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I use the Ice Caves Interior 03 map in "Ghosts of War, Part VI" and am seeing this issue as well. For now I will simply withdraw the mission and add a warning to that effect to the end of Part V.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    BTW a similar issue exists with the Argelius interior. The map is now only about 1/4 of it's former width and the starbase interior I built inside of it is too large to fit in the new reduced size. At present I have 910 errors on the map. :(

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll look into it.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll look into it.

it's been two months since these bugs were reported (and three since LoR caused them.) Is there any news or movement on fixing these maps?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    it's been two months since these bugs were reported (and three since LoR caused them.) Is there any news or movement on fixing these maps?

On the Ice Caves map, there has been work on getting this fixed but it's proven more stubborn than expected. The basic situation is that the core map has been fixed but those fixes are not propagating into the Foundry for an unknown reason. That's really all I can say on the matter. I'll see what I can do to get some more attention on this but I can't promise anything.

On the Argelius map, where the black space on the map was reduced thus causing problems for anyone who used that empty space to build a map, I honestly do not expect that this will be changed. While it is possible for one to construct a map in the black empty area of a pre-made map, that is not how those maps were designed to be used. I understand that this sucks for those of you who put in a lot of time and work on such a map. I have put in a request that a blank interior map be added for the purpose of building such maps, but I don't know when or if such will be added.

That's what I know. I'm sorry I can't be the bearer of better news.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A designated blank map would definitly greatly appreciated.

As to those who used to use the Argaleus 2 interior, I was using that map and found that one of the generic gave maps has a ton of black space and a deep bottom which makes it perfect for pasting large constructs into. Just remember that there's a bug with multi-select and default dialog, so you'll need to copy those separately.

I'm at work at the moment and can't look up the exact map, but I'll update it here once I can look it up. I coppied a 440 detail object map over successfully so it can be done. Then it's just a matter of rehooking up the objectives.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2013

As to those who used to use the Argaleus 2 interior, I was using that map and found that one of the generic gave maps has a ton of black space and a deep bottom which makes it perfect for pasting large constructs into. Just remember that there's a bug with multi-select and default dialog, so you'll need to copy those separately.

Don't mean to hijack but what's the multi-select default dialogue bug?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Don't mean to hijack but what's the multi-select default dialogue bug?

If you have several objects selected and one of them has a default dialog selected, when you duplicate and/or copy/paste it, all the duplicate objects will have copies of the default dialog. The workaround is to copy objects with default dialog seperatly.

If you are trying to copy a lot of objects, it can be very bad if they all suddenly have dialog boxes attached.

EDIT: I went and looked it up, the map is Cave V2 interior 02. It has a deep bottom and a lot of black space so it makes for an excellent place to receive a custom interior map.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    On the Ice Caves map, there has been work on getting this fixed but it's proven more stubborn than expected. The basic situation is that the core map has been fixed but those fixes are not propagating into the Foundry for an unknown reason. That's really all I can say on the matter. I'll see what I can do to get some more attention on this but I can't promise anything.

On the Argelius map, where the black space on the map was reduced thus causing problems for anyone who used that empty space to build a map, I honestly do not expect that this will be changed. While it is possible for one to construct a map in the black empty area of a pre-made map, that is not how those maps were designed to be used. I understand that this sucks for those of you who put in a lot of time and work on such a map. I have put in a request that a blank interior map be added for the purpose of building such maps, but I don't know when or if such will be added.

That's what I know. I'm sorry I can't be the bearer of better news.

So here we are a month later, and still our missions sit trashed because of this bug. Apparently we are being blown off in hope we will go away and forget about our missions being destroyed, but mine is the most difficult map I have ever built and cannot be duplicated, and it also is in the 4th and most important part of my 5 part Spawn of Medusa series, so again, I ask you, Will this be fixed??

DoR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So here we are a month later, and still our missions sit trashed because of this bug. Apparently we are being blown off in hope we will go away and forget about our missions being destroyed, but mine is the most difficult map I have ever built and cannot be duplicated, and it also is in the 4th and most important part of my 5 part Spawn of Medusa series, so again, I ask you, Will this be fixed??

DoR

The issue is not being blown off. The problem is that this issue requires a programmer to fix. It has been assigned to a programmer, but our programmers have a lot on their plates. As such, issues requiring their attention are triaged based upon how much of the game is affected by the issue. Combine that with the fact that any issue requiring a programmer will take time just due to the nature of the work and we have a situation that probably won't be fixed quickly. I can't even venture a guess as to how long a fix might take.

I understand you have spent a lot of time on a project that was messed up by this issue. I understand that you are angry about that. For what it's worth, I'm sorry. If I could fix the problem myself, I would.

That's the situation to the best of my knowledge.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can understand Duke's frustration. If something similar happened to one of the parts of a Cryptic FE, I kind of suspect that it might be higher up on the triage hierarchy. But, this is just a lowly Foundry series, so it doesn't merit the same priority, it seems. That's sad.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Frost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know exactly how Duke feels..... But while it makes me sad, I know that I have no viable option other than living with it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, thanks for the update anyway, hopefully something will happen soon.

DoR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.