test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing head ahhh!!!

therealzerjacktherealzerjack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was enjoying my time on risa when all of a sudden my head disapeared. i was wearing the visor glasses (think this may have caused it) and i put on my nukara ev suit and then poof my yead is gone and my ev suit only shows waist down and my upper body except head looks normal without ev suit.
i have a video but do not know how to add if someone tells me how i will gladly add the video.
Post edited by therealzerjack on

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was enjoying my time on risa when all of a sudden my head disapeared. i was wearing the visor glasses (think this may have caused it) and i put on my nukara ev suit and then poof my yead is gone and my ev suit only shows waist down and my upper body except head looks normal without ev suit.
    i have a video but do not know how to add if someone tells me how i will gladly add the video.

Nothing to do with the sunglasses actually. This has been a problem with EV suits and certain outfit pieces for a while now. Recently they tried to fix it but I found out they didn't, the same day they supposedly fixed it (found it after the patch that day).

Here is the thread I started. Screenshots in some posts. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=759371
  • Options
    macjack248macjack248 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The bug does affect many uniforms (more since they "fixed" it), but in this case it is the sunglasses. An EV suit was no problem with my MACO uniform, but when I added the visor sunglasses, the headless bug struck.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Boost to top, this is a serious problem -- renders a good portion of the game un-playable. Please fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Boost to top, this is a serious problem -- renders a good portion of the game un-playable. Please fix.

Breaks immersion? - Yes
    Breaks the game entirely? - No
    Fun factor = 11 out of 10 :D

The game is playable just fine with a missing head. It doesn't prevent you from completing anything. Heck sometimes when doing the mining event on the asteroid I run around with no head just because I think it's funny.

The problem is with certain outfit pieces. For example: If I'm wearing my Mercenary off duty outfit or my Omega outfit my head is gone. But if I'm wearing my TNG uniform it's there just fine.

You can right click your character portrait in the UI that has your health/shields/buffs displayed and select the bottom option to change your outfit. Hopefully you will have an outfit you can switch to that won't make you headless. It's about the best workaround there is.

Being headless with the Omega outfit is actually quite creepy and looks nasty. n54b.jpg Like blood all around where my neck use to be.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for posting the workaround!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Thank you for posting the workaround!

You're welcome. :)