test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[LOCATION ADDED!] Community STO Meet-up in Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

2»

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    [LOCATION ADDED! INFO BELOW!]

This just in... the location!

We're going to be meeting at The Omni Centre, next to the Giraffe statues (looks like this).

We'll meet-up there at 6pm sharp and then wait for anyone who is running a bit behind and then head to a place we all decide on. Anyone who doesn't make it at the start time can check this thread/ my Twitter (link below) to get updates on where we are.

Time: 6PM local time (sharp, please :))

Address:
    The Omni Centre
    Greenside Place,
    Edinburgh EH1 3AA
    Scotland, UK
    http://www.omniedinburgh.co.uk/

Directions: Info here: http://www.omniedinburgh.co.uk/findus.html#.UcqzrJwkJ8E

PM me on the forums if you have any questions before the event begins. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exciting! Are you prepared for all ideas and I have! haha :D
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fantastic! I can't wait. See you all there :)

P.S. Will you all stand next to the Giraffe statue? It would be more obvious and easier to find you all. Finding you all in a shopping center full with other people can get confusing.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Awesome, that's just a five minute walk from the train station. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    a2flyera2flyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great looking forward to meeting everyone coming up early to have a look around first, alas due to the fact I have a four hour train ride with the 6pm meet time I won't be able to stay long, my last train home is 7pm
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

We're going to be meeting at The Omni Centre, next to the Giraffe statues (looks like this).

We'll meet-up there at 6pm sharp and then wait for anyone who is running a bit behind and then head to a place we all decide on. Anyone who doesn't make it at the start time can check this thread/ my Twitter (link below) to get updates on where we are.

Address:
    The Omni Centre
    Greenside Place,
    Edinburgh EH1 3AA
    Scotland, UK

PM me on the forums if you have any questions before the event begins. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I've updated the Google+ Event for this with the new location. Anyone that has signed up for this event through Subspace Agenda or the Google+ Star Trek Online Community should also be getting the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Fantastic! I can't wait. See you all there :)

P.S. Will you all stand next to the Giraffe statue? It would be more obvious and easier to find you all. Finding you all in a shopping center full with other people can get confusing.

Yeah; we'll be right next to it. :)
    I've updated the Google+ Event for this with the new location. Anyone that has signed up for this event through Subspace Agenda or the Google+ Star Trek Online Community should also be getting the update.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    draco5734draco5734 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is logic in that. Edinburgh has very little parking options, all of which cost an arm and a leg. Without knowing where the meet up is going to happen, it's difficult to plan ahead for that. I live just outside Edinburgh and plan to probably get the train in for that reason.

if it is far, i could always come collect you on route in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    a2flyer wrote: »
    Great looking forward to meeting everyone coming up early to have a look around first, alas due to the fact I have a four hour train ride with the 6pm meet time I won't be able to stay long, my last train home is 7pm

did you get my previous message mate, where about in the midlands you coming from
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    draco5734 wrote: »
    if it is far, i could always come collect you on route in

Thanks I appreciate the offer. Though it's only about a 25 minute train journey (which is about the same time it'd take to drive) so I'm not that worried. :)

I sent you an in game friend request btw.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dash90sdash90s Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So glad this has been arranged :)
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, first I heard about this from someone in game. Wonder what the deal is generally for these things. Any idea how busy they get?
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, first I heard about this from someone in game. Wonder what the deal is generally for these things. Any idea how busy they get?

There were only 7 people at the London meet I think I read and so far only about 12 or so people have confirmed in this thread that they'll be going. So probably somewhere between 10 and 15, allowing for people who drop out if something comes up, or those who attend but didn't say so in the thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cool stuff! See you all there:P

P.S. I've booked my train tickets early as it's cheaper and reserved my seat. Knowing full well that the train will be really busy after half 4.
  • Options
    a2flyera2flyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    draco5734 wrote: »
    did you get my previous message mate, where about in the midlands you coming from

Sorry mate just saw this ill be travelling up from Warwickshire
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! Reminder:

Address:
    The Omni Centre
    Greenside Place,
    Edinburgh EH1 3AA
    Scotland, UK

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to it! See you all there. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If you're still on your way to the Edinburgh, Scotland meet-up, we have moved inside the Omni Centre to the pub: Filling Station. Meet us there :) Ask front reception for "Brandon's Table". We're towards the back right.

Hope to see you here!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Back home from the meet up, had an amazing time. Great conversations with some great people. Thanks to all of you who went! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just not long back! Brandon, It was an absolute pleasure to meet with you today and shaking your hand.

I've had a fantastic evening, everyone who was there was awesome and had a good laugh!:D

Until next time! See you out there;)
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was good fun meeting everyone tonight :D (although a bit late lol) had an ace time :) Will cya all in Game.

Hope something like this comes up again hehe.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The meet-up last night was AWESOME! Had some great conversations and I think everyone made a bunch of new friends to play with in-game and hang out with IRL. It was a pleasure to meet you all, I hope you had fun, and I'll see you in-game!

PIC! https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/351266178825613312/photo/1

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm really pleased to see the Scotland gathering was well attended. It would have been my nearest meet.

Thanks for uploading the photo, and it's really great to hear that you all had a good time in Edinburgh. It's a beautiful city. :)
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    <--- Jealous

Glad you guys had a good time!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey there,
    had a really good time at the meet it was awesome, and i would deffo be coming for the next one !!!!
    you would have a lot more if it was advertised a bit more, its even convinced me if i can get off work am going to come to the next convention for it

thanks and hope you do it again soon

steve
    @steve5734
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]