Install Arc
Options

Ideas for the name of Rom flagship

2»

Comments

• Options
    vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm all for R.R.W Temer. In fact, I've named a few of my characters' ships that. His courage should be honored somehow.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    There's a useful page here. Your suggestion would appear to be RRW Lleiset.

For myself, I favor RRW Temer, for the hero who gave his life to force recognition of our fledgling nation from the Klingons and the Feds.

Maybe RRW Ecurai.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I offer several variations on the same theme (also varied according to Romulan language source:

1. Temer's Hope
    2. Ecurai s'Temer (Hope of Temer)
    3. Ecurai nnea Temer (Hope of Temer)

basically some variation of Temer's Hope or Temer's Dream.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if you want to name it after temer how about
    "fools rush"

because frankly his "remember this" TRIBBLE was idiotic

he had a shield capable of containing the bomb?
    great Stand next to the Klingon and protect them both

or save himself
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Give the Klingon representative a big ol' bear hug out of nowhere, while a bomb suddenly blows up everybody else on the stage. That sounds like a wonderful way to convince the Klingons you're trustworthy.

Remember that when you helped Ja'rod or whatever his name is defeat the Tal'Shiar ships, he still thought the whole thing might have been staged by D'Tan. The Klingons are willing to consider that the entire Romulan Republic thing might be an elaborate hoax, a trick by the RSE to sucker them into a vulnerable position. Temer saving his own life and that of one Klingon while letting the others die could have (and probably would have) been interpreted the same way.

Look, Soll, I know you love to troll, and you really wish you could be one of those moustache twirlers with the Tal'Shiar, but really, it's time to give it up. Go troll the Fed subforum because their tutorial is now subpar or something. Even better, go play the game for a while.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The flagship will be named the R.R.W. Lleiset, Rihannsu for "Freedom". The captain will be a woman.

Best guess is that it will be this woman: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Toreth
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,847 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    There's a useful page here. Your suggestion would appear to be RRW Lleiset.

For myself, I favor RRW Temer, for the hero who gave his life to force recognition of our fledgling nation from the Klingons and the Feds.

I don't suppose there is anything like that for Klingon? Granted I haven't looked to much but so far what I found hasn't been to helpful.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't suppose there is anything like that for Klingon? Granted I haven't looked to much but so far what I found hasn't been to helpful.
    Haven't found a complete dictionary, probably because The Klingon Dictionary is still in print, but apparently Bing Translate handles translations to/from two dialects of Klingon...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    andrewgariskandrewgarisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    The flagship will be named the R.R.W. Lleiset, Rihannsu for "Freedom". The captain will be a woman.

Best guess is that it will be this woman: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Toreth

Think it has a Reman Eng and the Rom woman from the Legacy art is named Jhu and is an officer on board?
  • Options
    drpepper82192drpepper82192 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    "fools rush"

or save himself

And we dont know how powerful the bomb was. It could've killed everyone but him and the klingon had he just shielded the two of them. :P

On topic, I think RRW Temer would be my personal choice.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like RRW Temer as well.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the R.R.W. Temer. Make Obisek captain and Tovan Khev the first officer, so we have a story justification for kicking him out of our crews if we so desire.

Maybe the reward for dismissing Tovan would be a distress call item that would call in the flagship.

Hey, I can dream!

Yes you can. I do agree that seems like a damn good way to rid oneself of tovan if that s what you wanna do. The reward a Boff with all the same exact powers but a choice of male or female :D

I tend to like the idea of nameing the class after Temer and the ship lleiset for Freedom

Off Topic but still
    sollvax wrote: »
    "fools rush"

or save himself
    I thought he extended his personal shield around him and the bomb myself maybe they dont work unless there is body contact
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Going to put down before I forget, captain of Lleiset is Tiaru Jarok, daughter of Alidar Jarok.
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    R.R.W. Kastulas

In honor and memory of Andreas Kastulas.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    roxbad wrote: »
    R.R.W. Kastulas

In honor and memory of Andreas Kastulas.

Absolutely, and positively agree. Remember leaping for joy every time Tomalak showed up in TNG. Then came Babylon 5, another brilliant performance. Ahh, such good moments... never to return. :(

---
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Absolutely, and positively agree. Remember leaping for joy every time Tomalak showed up in TNG. Then came Babylon 5, another brilliant performance. Ahh, such good moments... never to return. :(

---

Agreed, he played both so well. If they had made a G'Kar B5 Spin-off after he went off to do his 'long-walk' I would so have been into that.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is an old thread, and one of our suggestions was already chosen. The flagship is a dreadnought warbird (looks like a Tulwar to me), named R.R.W. Lleiset (name means "Freedom," and was one of our suggestions in this thread several months ago), and the captain is Tiaru Jarok. All of this is learned from the Sphere of Influence mission (or can be, if you do more than the bare minimum necessary to complete the mission).
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    I refuse to fly the colours of the traitor D'Tan on my ship.

As long as my ship flies, and my crew lives, the Romulan Star Empire lives on in us. We will not go quietly into the night. We will not allow the Empire to fall to Tal Shiar treachery, or the domination of their alien masters. Let D'Tan bow and scrape to the Klingons and the Federation, we are Romulan, and we will not be cowed!

On an out of character note, thanks for the grammar points! I actually have no idea how the Romulan language is constructed, and only have a very old web based dictionary to base my ship names off. :) The name I was going for was 'Revenge For Romulus'.

Your vessels and mine my friend :)
    protogoth wrote: »
    Sadly, the Romulan Star Empire euthanized itself via internal decadence. The psychopathic racist Colonel Hakeev and the psychotic and incompetent "Empress" Sela were merely symptoms of this decadence, which was already evident before the reign of Praetor Taris. At least as early as the time of Shinzon's rebellion, paranoia and opportunism had begun corrupting most elements of the political ruling class and even some of the highest-ranking officers in the military.

While not her intention, Taris was duped into collaboration in the destruction of ch'Rihan. She later quarantined and blockaded the subject world of Kevratas, which was suffering from the Bloodfire plague, in spite of a cure being available. When the people of Kevratas consequently rebelled, she ordered the military to put down the insurrection. General Tebok, in charge of the military, refused her order to fire on civilians, showing that the military, at least, remained in the hands of the strong and honorable. Taris' reaction to this was an order for him to resign. Fortunately, the Senate was also not wholly corrupt and overturned this order.

At one point in time, the Tal'Shiar was made up of some of the very best and brightest minds in the Empire. Psychopaths do not appreciate independent thought, however, and try to replace anyone who so much as dares provide constructive criticism with those who will follow orders. We saw this repeatedly in Hakeev's treatment of his subordinates. Commander Janek must have had connections to remain, not only in position, but also alive, for as long as she did under Hakeev's command. Charva is a prime example of what the Tal'Shiar has devolved into; in spite of her finding the evidence that her superiors had deceived and used her, in data and recordings on a Tal'Shiar spy satellite, she was still in denial and dissociated from reality even while sitting in a holding cell, condemning D'Tan and blaming herself for having failed the Tal'Shiar. While it is entirely possible that the "conditioning" (brainwashing) she likely received at the hands of the Tal'Shiar is to blame for this intransigence, these facts demonstrate what the Tal'Shiar has become. We do not even have to appeal to the genocide and stellacide committed at the insistence of Hakeev when he ordered the destruction of the Hobus star, nor his fervent and incomprehensible (essentially religious) devotion to the Iconians. The case is plain, and you do not dispute it: the Tal'Shiar has become, to put it mildly, undesirable.

Sela's collusion and collaboration with the Tal'Shiar, her utter rejection of rationality, her loss of touch with reality in insisting that everything she does is for the good of all Romulans, her incompetence and paranoia -- all of these must be considered as part of the evidence against her, and as part of the evidence showing that the Empire lost its way.

Put simply, at this point in time, the Romulan Star Empire is nothing but a crumbling ideal still clung to by a slowly dwindling group of reactionaries blinded to the inherently flawed socio-political system, nostalgic in their willingness to remember only the "good" of the "good old days," and gloss over the bad.

In time, the Romulan Empire will rise again. Republics devolve into empires, empires decay into tyrannies, tyrannies are overthrown by idealists seeking democracy or republic or classless society or some such ideal, and then the process begins anew (this is an oversimplification, and ignores stages of development which are sometimes necessary due to catastrophic events, such as the quite necessary and very desirable restoration of tribal situations following cataclysm, the eventual corruption of tribal leaders when they sell their people into feudalism, the rise of mercantile greed leading to plutocracy, etc, but the point is still valid: history is cyclical). But for the present, empire is impractical for, and of no use to, the Romulan and Reman peoples, except insofar as alliance with the Klling'hann Nneikha can be beneficial.

-- Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell,
    khre'ri'Enriov,
    ch'Mol'Rihan'galae

While I agree the old empire is dead, what remains is far too diseased to be saved anymore. I do not see the need to bow to a traitor of a different color, one that would sell us out to the Vulcan methods we left our home over, one that would spill Romulan and Reman blood for Klingon and Federation wars, and one foolish enough to risk our new home world in the foolish activation of an Iconian Gateway.
  • Options
    scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Something along the lines of Phoenix....arising from the ashes of old....regarding the storyline it is frankly stupid. The Romulans are war like - PERIOD. That is why their ancestors left Vulcan (unofficially lol). So that makes them Nomadic and so losing a home while a setback is not the end of the culture. The fact that the Remans united under a human is also frankly stupid given the test of strength, the strength of vulcanoids and that the Remans were also of Vulcan descent. I liked the Nemesis but the plot was totally out of character of the Romulans - IF they had cloned Picard and changed their mind it is unlikely that they would have let him live - he would be too much of a pawn to afford the chance of him being used in a power play. Better dead and forgotten. Anyway given the destruction of the homeworlds something arising out of the ashes seems appropriate.
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I like the name now that I know the origin, but I'm not sure if I like the fact that it's a Scimitar variant. The ship seems to aggressive for the Republic's intentions, at least as a flagship. Maybe a Ha'apax (big and dreadnaught-y) or Ak'kif (first Republic-made design) would be better suited.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    R.R.W Mnhei'sahe

R.R.W "Ruling Passion"

Enterprise linguist Lieutenant Janice Kerasus described mnhei'sahe as such, "...not quite honor-- not quite loyalty-- and not quite anger or hatred or about fifty other things. It can be a form of hatred that requires you to give your last drop of water to a thirsty enemy-- or an act of love that requires you to kill a friend."
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    STOP MAKING NEW SUGGESTIONS! THIS THREAD IS OLD! THE NAME WAS ALREADY CHOSEN!!!

Sheesh.

Someone get the the OP to edit the OP before I put a tractor beam on a Mod, drag him/her out of the normal trade routes, and drag him/her to Romulan territory to use her/his Antinecro Torpedoes on the thread ('cause, yeah, it was in fact necroed, but I think the Mods don't come over to this subforum much).