test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #25

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Designer Jesse Heinig reveals details about what you will experience during our upcoming summer event in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't it a bit early? :eek:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • mertyolmertyol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can't wait for it :D

its gonna be fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I must admit that does look interesting :eek:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lack of swimwear is ridiculous.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • unitystarbaseunitystarbase Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "All that is ours is yours!"
  • salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And here i was hoping for the first Blog about the Scim... well.

Anyway, looking forward to this... besides the fact no swim/beach wear will come with it >.>
    GMoNbU.png
    SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
    Beta Tester
    Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
    Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me be the first to ask: What are the stats for the Risian Corvette
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i do have a small question?

Does the hotel remain available after the event or do we get back that most annoying and boring island wich no 1 ever visits?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    salemkane wrote: »
    And here i was hoping for the first Blog about the Scim... well.

Anyway, looking forward to this... besides the fact no swim/beach wear will come with it >.>

I'm sure V'Kas will get his Scimitar soon enough. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting. And 7 weeks long, I believe. Thought I really hope it doesn't take that long to earn the ship. Will the dev blog tomorrow have more details about the race?

Also, noted about no swimsuits, but what do the female's (or female like genders) get to wear to the beach? I have an Orion, a Romulan, and a Caitian ready to hit the beach. Maybe an Andorian as well.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tropical beach planet.

No swimwear.

wat
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems like a lot of stuff to do, which is good. Still, if I may get an answer - will this be similar to the Winter Event in that sense, that an average casual player will be able to complete the events and obtain all the new items and rewards? Or is there some time-barrier or money involved...?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm bet to get the corvette you can only get one token per day.

Well looks like I won't be available for this event :(
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Hmm bet to get the corvette you can only get one token per day.

Well looks like I won't be available for this event :(

Probably 40 like the winter event.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Tropical beach planet.

No swimwear.

wat

Only solution is full nudity. No swim gear = no clothes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sounds interesting, hoping the Corvette isent just another combat ship and its something that has some other kind of use.

Anyway looking forward to this, thanks for starting it on my Birthday :)
    stararmy wrote: »
    The lack of swimwear is ridiculous.

not only that but the ones we can get ( I still have a toon on tribble on Risa map :rolleyes: ) look borring .They made outfits for npcs on Risa and those are not available to players....
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we use some Q Marks from the winter event too ? Or do we need to wait till next winter to get those out of ower inventory ?
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    I'm sure V'Kas will get his Scimitar soon enough. :P

Considering they changed the Azure Nebula ships to be "republic" ships. We won't be getting a Scimitar, we'll be getting a Falchion variant instead. Either way, Romulan ships are TRIBBLE IMHO and the Scimi we, the players, get will be rubbish and watered down. More than likely just a reflection of the oddy / Borta stat-wise.

However, that is all my opinion and speculation.

Just like the Risian event. Looks like lots to waste time on but nothing terribly tangible. To be perfectly honest I never really liked the planet but then again I hate hot weather. Give me a holiday on Andoria anyday ! :P
  • branericbraneric Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not going to lie, the lack of swimwear is pretty dumb. I'm actually wondering if the Crpytic Devs were deliberately instructed to "keep it clean"....
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no swimwear??? That makes that event already a fail right there. :-/
  • launaladylaunalady Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Orion don't have a problem with swim wear they've had all along just clip off the loin cloth and we have it.
    Live long and prosper
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no swimwear eh? Madness

Swapped out all starfleet NPC uniforms with the Risa bikinis a long time ago tho :P (its as complicated as copy-pasta)
  • vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I am very dissapointed. I do not like the Summer Event as it is a terrible Grind once again introduced into the game. The Grind is of course attempting to get us to play the game regularly and there by increasing our desire to spend? But the Grind chases new and existing players off as we are forced to play some random game (grav gliding) the same way over and over and over again. This is not new content, this is boring and forced. On top of that we were promised information on the Scimitar, it is now very late in June and still no information. You could have atleast given us a "We're Sorry Captain's we have had some set backs on the Scimitar". Instead the best we can currently look forward to is some random Screen Shot on Friday with a lame Reference to the Star Trek Nemesis movie. This does not cut it Cryptic. I am a Happy Romulan, but a very angry Consumer of your product. To anybody that say this is an "I want" rant. Look at the May Ask Cryptic where Dstahl said we would get an announcement on the Scimitar Class "Later in June". He does not say "the End of June", but whatever. It is just sooo common now that we can almost count on Cryptic to let us down in matters of keeping a schedule. And then to make it worse we get left in the dark with out any information atleast letting us know to stop waiting for the item promised.

The Scimitar will soon go the way of Galaxy-X Saucer Seperation, PvP Revamping, more Klingon Ships, more Maps, and Improved Connection Stability...

Please Cryptic read the forums and see that we do take note when you break your word to your loyal consumers. It is hurtful to us by making us wait in anticipation for something you had no intention of doing. :( Again, very happy with Romulans. Very upset with consistent let downs and broken promises. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tropical Planet, beach party. but no swim wear? An ocean just to watch from the beach, but not to swim? Thats ridiculous. You could as well have saved a lot of devtime by just enabling the winter event twice a year as northern/southern hemisphere version.
  • ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This should be one awesome event, shame we won't have swimwear at the start though...will it be added during the event?

Also as an active Klingon player I find it odd that Risa would be allowed to open it's doors to the KDF in the middle of a war, since Risa is both a member of the Federation and is in the same sector block as the Federation core worlds....kind of breaks the story of the war :(
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vegie0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am very dissapointed. I do not like the Summer Event as it is a terrible Grind once again introduced into the game. The Grind is of course attempting to get us to play the game regularly and there by increasing our desire to spend? But the Grind chases new and existing players off as we are forced to play some random game (grav gliding) the same way over and over and over again. This is not new content, this is boring and forced.

Q's Winter Wonderland would disagree with you. The whole reason we have a Summer Event at all, is because the Winter Event was such a success (Grind for a ship and all). So while I am leery of the Grav race (I am not good at races) if it is like the winter one, Hopefully I will get the hang of it quickly and still be able to get my ship.

All and All, this holds promise. Though a dance party is not nearly as fun as the snowball fight of Winter (and I am also disappointed about the lack of swimwear). I will see what other blogs hold for the Summer event.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No swimwear? Just ...why?

A winter jacket is a bit too hot on a beach, Cryptic. Unless you are a horta.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Considering they changed the Azure Nebula ships to be "republic" ships. We won't be getting a Scimitar, we'll be getting a Falchion variant instead. Either way, Romulan ships are TRIBBLE IMHO and the Scimi we, the players, get will be rubbish and watered down. More than likely just a reflection of the oddy / Borta stat-wise.

However, that is all my opinion and speculation.

Just like the Risian event. Looks like lots to waste time on but nothing terribly tangible. To be perfectly honest I never really liked the planet but then again I hate hot weather. Give me a holiday on Andoria anyday ! :P
    We'll get a Scimitar 3 Pack. It's been confirmed on Tribble. The Falchion is a variant.

Your speculation is false.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i do have a small question?

Does the hotel remain available after the event or do we get back that most annoying and boring island wich no 1 ever visits?

Why should it be an 'either-or' situation? Plenty of us like the normal island as a place to relax, without the busy landscape of other planets (no structures larger or more imposing than a hut). The hotel is a nice alternative, but I don't see why the game shouldn't have both. One for those looking for an active, party scene (the Hotel) and the other for the beach/hammock lovers who just want a place to unwind and listen to the waves (the Island).

Seriously, why not -expand- the planet? All worlds in the game need this, and it would be a step in the right direction?

Sadly, as we have seen with past Events, it's most likely this will be a temporary addition to the game, for reasons I don't understand. Likely the 'Hotel' will go away as soon as the Event ends.