test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Woohoo! Finally got my M.A.C.O. ground set!!

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    And the 'instant' remodulation has a pretty long cooldown - it's not as much of an improvement as I expected it to be :(
    edited December 2011
    AegisPrime wrote: »
    And the 'instant' remodulation has a pretty long cooldown - it's not as much of an improvement as I expected it to be :(

I have found that the instant modulation is rather nicely balanced if you run teh MACO rifle withthe MK XII Veteran BO AP weapon... I can toss out a MACO secondary + a few primary shots + AP secondary and a few shots before they adapt, and then just as they adapt, my modulation is ready :)
    edited December 2011
    Aelfwin wrote: »
    On Elite ground missions , (IMHO) you'd want the best energy resistance and the best shields to avoid getting one-shoted .
    A shield recharge won't save you in time .
    But I guess it's a nice "something" for the Tac officers . I run as a Sci or Engineer and so that means less to me .

If you get one-shotted you most likely didn't have full shields and/or were flanked. MACO has enough resists. Honor Guard and Omega Force don't.

It's not a replacement for the normal one but would you rather spend 0.5 seconds or 4.5 (3.5 with fractal) during a combat to do it?
    edited December 2011
    It's not a replacement for the normal one but would you rather spend 0.5 seconds or 4.5 (3.5 with fractal) during a combat to do it?

Given that the Borg adapt to the M.A.C.O. rifle pretty quickly It'd be nice if the cooldown was slightly faster - but I agree - it is an improvement, just not as much as I'd hoped for :)

I'm switching the M.A.C.O. rifle back and forth with a secondary Borg sniper rifle now so maybe that'll help...
    edited December 2011
    Given that the Borg adapt to the M.A.C.O. rifle pretty quickly It'd be nice if the cooldown was slightly faster - but I agree - it is an improvement, just not as much as I'd hoped for :)

I'm switching the M.A.C.O. rifle back and forth with a secondary Borg sniper rifle now so maybe that'll help...

I've currently only have the Mk XI M.A.C.O Rifle but on my way to getting the rest of the Mk XI M.A.C.O gear until I move on to squaring up against the Elite STF's.

but I use the M.A.C.O rifle as my secondary weapon, Primary is the TR-116a never have to re-modulate and with the right amount of skill points in the right skills, and the Tactical Kit - Fire Team Mk X I can do some massive damage to the Borg, form a far distance with out having to worry about them adapting. the M.A.C.O Phaser Battle Rifle Mk XI comes in handy but nothing beats my trusty TR-116a I hope they put it out on the C-Store so that everyone can benefit from this masterful weapon. ( and a possibly an upgrade option via the crafting system to bring this up to a Mk XI or Mk XI weapon
    edited December 2011
    I'd love a TR-116 :(

Sadly I don't think this will ever appear in the C-Store...
    edited December 2011

if I could give/gift you one, I'd do so in a heart beat.
    edited December 2011
    if I could give/gift you one, I'd do so in a heart beat.

Well that's very kind of you! And it's the thought that counts so thank you! And happy holidays!
    edited December 2011
    If you get one-shotted you most likely didn't have full shields and/or were flanked. MACO has enough resists. Honor Guard and Omega Force don't.

By the numbers , there is ingame ground gear (shields/armor) that can take more punishment then all 3 ground sets (MACO , Honor Guard and Omega Force) , both on Mk XI and Mk XII .
    You may have a preference for the MACO gear , but the numbers simply don't lie ... , thus the MACO , Honor Guard , Omega Force gear are inferior (I'm both sad and happy to say) .
    In other games these are known as "pretty junk" .
    But I don't call those who use them vain , because there are uses for them in certain places (STF's on Easy for example) -- that's where I use my OMEGA Force set .
    But you don't go into an Elite STF to look pretty , you go in to survive ... , and the 3 sets are not your best choice for that .
    edited December 2011
    The outfit is a costume. Wearing it has nothing to do with having the gear equipped. And bridge officers can't display the look no matter how many times you get the set.

Didn't know this! Now that I do, I'm not going to waste my time on it at all. Thanks for the tip.
    edited December 2011
    By the numbers , there is ingame ground gear (shields/armor) that can take more punishment then all 3 ground sets (MACO , Honor Guard and Omega Force) , both on Mk XI and Mk XII .
    You may have a preference for the MACO gear , but the numbers simply don't lie ... , thus the MACO , Honor Guard , Omega Force gear are inferior (I'm both sad and happy to say) .
    But I don't call those who use them vain , because there are uses for them in certain places (STF's on Easy for example) -- that's where I use my OMEGA Force set .
    But you don't go into an Elite STF to look pretty , you go in to survive ... , and the 3 sets are not your best choice for that .

And thats bullocks... why grind when there is better gear that can do the job better that doesn't need to be grinded...
    edited December 2011
    I have the following:

Full MACO Mk XI ground set
    Mk XI Omega Armour & 4 EDC away from the Mk XI Autocarbine.
    Mk XI MACO Ship shield got with a tech drop.
    Mk X MACO & Omega ship Engines got with tech drops.
    Full set of Mk XI Borg weapons for my ship got with salvage.
    Full borg ship set also got with EDC's

Christ ive done a lot of stf's! :eek:
    edited December 2011

Emergency Shield Capacitor
    Tactical Readiness Network
    Integral Frequency Remodulator

Kind of hard to assign an objective numerical value to those bonuses that regular gear does not have.

Also, the gear gives you a costume unlock, so how "pretty" you look has bubkis to do with the gear you are wearing.
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I just got my MACO XI ground set too. Here's my drops/luck:

Ran approx 110 STFs. (Did some during STF 'Wednesdays'). Out of those runs, I got
    120 EDCs
    18 rare salvage
    1 mark X Omega Personal Shield
    1 mark X Omega Engine
    1 mark X Omega Ship Shield.
    edited December 2011
    I just got it today too. I cannot figure out how to use the visuals in the tailor. Does anyone know?
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    I just got it today too. I cannot figure out how to use the visuals in the tailor. Does anyone know?

It won't work in yourprimary slot. Go to one of your other slots and, on the clothing page, is a dropdown that changes the costume slot type between off-duty, duty, formal, maco, etc.
    edited December 2011
    It won't work in yourprimary slot. Go to one of your other slots and, on the clothing page, is a dropdown that changes the costume slot type between off-duty, duty, formal, maco, etc.

Thanks, I never noticed that they added that.
    edited December 2011
    Hornet331 wrote: »
    And thats bullocks... why grind when there is better gear that can do the job better that doesn't need to be grinded...

If you are only doing the STFs to get gear you will be disappointed.

It won't work in yourprimary slot.

I have only 2 costume slots and I have one set for OF and one for MACO.
    edited December 2011
    If you are only doing the STFs to get gear you will be disappointed.

Is there any other reason to do STF's? Especially to repeat them. The whole point in doing STFs is for endgame gear, the Devs even acknowledges this.

It is rumored that it may indeed appear in the CStore or possibly another Grab Bag event. After the BUG fiasco, Cryptic can keep the bags and place them where the sun don't shine, lol.
    edited December 2011
    BlackV7 wrote:
    Is there any other reason to do STF's? Especially to repeat them. The whole point in doing STFs is for endgame gear, the Devs even acknowledges this.

I don't know. Maybe challenge? Fun? Otherwise you just grind the armor and then stand around looking pretty.
    edited December 2011
    BlackV7 wrote:
    It is rumored that it may indeed appear in the CStore or possibly another Grab Bag event. After the BUG fiasco, Cryptic can keep the bags and place them where the sun don't shine, lol.

I vaguely recall something about the devs not being happy with the TR-116's ability to fire through walls - like Borticus' example of the Frosted Boots being consumable because they don't want them to conflict with future design choices, they don't want everyone having a TR-116 'cause it could potentially do the same.

In fact, given that it's quite coveted for the Borg missions (with no other equivalent in-game), you could say it's already 'broken' those.
    edited December 2011
    I don't know. Maybe challenge? Fun? Otherwise you just grind the armor and then stand around looking pretty.

Thats pretty much the only reason... they are not fun.. at least not after the 10th+ time.. some of them are plain outright frustrating from the first play...

If they wouldn't have tied the costume unlocks to the mission probably no one would do them.. since you can get better gear in other means that isn't as tedious and life draining as the current STFs...

I am a pretty oldschool player and I don't mind grind at all, I grew up with grind (mmo) games.. but every singel one of them at least had items that where worth the grind... stat wise and look wise.. they had things that no other item offered or could do better in a certain way...

its a farce when you get "common" gear that does a better job, then the grind gear....
  • methaniusmethanius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and how do you use it? I have the MK X MACO Ground Set now and I see that it is active under my icon on my HUD. So...what next?
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ACK, ZOMBIES!!!!

While we're not supposed to resurrect topics or postings more than 30-days old, I'll suggest that you visit the tailor to enable the MACO look for your uniform.
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off, zombie post ;)

secondly, link

Tactical readiness network is a passive that is applied simply by wearing the gear

Grats on getting the gear, btw
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kill it before the lick king comes in and ya turns us all in to the death knight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    interesting to note that back in 2011 people were still complaining about "STO becoming a grindfest" Ha! Was it ever not then? For like 2 weeks, during open beta?

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »
    interesting to note that back in 2011 people were still complaining about "STO becoming a grindfest" Ha! Was it ever not then? For like 2 weeks, during open beta?

but see that grind i didnt have to pay dill for my gear it was a drop on my fed toon got every thing mk 11 but the maco deflector before the hole slide bars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »

Oh no, the game was plenty grindy back then. In fact, the episodic story missions didn't give enough exp to level off of so we had to grind exploration clusters in order to fill in levels. If you want to see what the game was like back then, go play some exploration clusters. They haven't really been touched since the game came out. Run them a couple of times and that's how we leveled up back then lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter