test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Big Romulan Wishlist Topic

lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Even though most people enjoy Legacy of Romulus, now that a month has passed I am noticing and also hearing from other players who notice the same, that a lot of features and specifically customization options that are available to the KDF and Federation are missing for the Romulans. Truth be told, the expansion feels very much rushed. In the hope of improvements to the game I like, I thought I'd create this topic where we, the Romulan playerbase, can express our wishes.
If you feel anything is missing, please do not hesitate to post it in this topic and I will add it to this post.

Updated: 19-06-2013

Customisation Wishes:

1. Allow Romulan players to put the fleet symbol on their ships like KDF and Federation players can.

2. Allow fleets to use the Tal Shiar parts in their fleet costume. Atm, an error is given when these costume pieces are picked for the fleet uniform. On a more general note, the whole fleet uniform creation screen seems somewhat bugged. In the preview window is just a brownish blur at least for some players.

3. Allow trophies to be placed on Romulan ships. For many players, hunting hard to get trophies by finishing accolades or reaching 1th place in a fleet action is an important meta-game, and it makes no sense that both Federation and KDF players have full trophy functionality, but Romulan players have not.

4. Allow tailor unlocks for collecting endgame sets to be unlocked by Romulan players. At the moment these tailor unlocks do not work for Romulan players.

5. Please consider offering a special project, that turns a max level Federation or Klingon starbase into a Romulan starbase, using the exterior and interior of Gasko station, as seen in the Romulan mission Gasko Blues. This would provide for some Romulan flavour with as little development effort as possible as Gasko station is already ingame. Offer another special project to replace the Klingon/Federation guards with Romulan guards.

6. Please consider releasing a (c-store) uniform in the TNG style as can be seen here:

Romulan TNG uniforms
Romulan TNG uniform close-up

7. The Romulan crew uniforms are terrible. The women look like waitresses and the men look like car mechanics. Please change the crew uniform to a slightly more neutral uniform. Better still, allow players to set a crew uniform for their crews.

8. Allow us to rename and/or dismiss Tovan Khev.

9. Warbird ship customization is fairly poor. A welcome improvement in that regard would be the option for Warbird Decals that can be applied to the underside of the Warbirds similar to that of the T'liss (TOS) Warbird

Accuracy Issues:

1. The Romulan Plasma weapons from the Romulan Reputation store firing animation look nothing like the Romulan weapons we see fired on the shows. Please change the weapon firing gfx to what we see Romulans use in the shows. Alternatively, please create an identical set of weapons to the Romulan reputation store with a different name (i.e. "Vintage Romulan Plasma") which has the classic disruptor visuals, so those of us who wish to emulate what we have seen on the shows for years can do so.

Romulan weapons in the show:
D'deridex firing beam weapons
D'deridex firing torpedo's
Romulan beam pistol firing

2. The disintegration effect for Romulan weapons should be green.

Disintegration effect in the show:
Romulan weapon disintegration

3. The D'deridex model is not entirely accurate: (thanks to morkargh117 for pointing these out and providing screenshots)

- At the underside of the "beak" there should be a ziggurat-like structure as can be seen here:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/Dderidex_Class_zps265c7d91.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/818e6bac-7621-4b81-b6f6-b0df9e8e173b_zpsf2b1a390.jpg

- There should be an (optional) Romulan Star Empire symbol at the upper section of the head:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/IRW_TMet_firing_disruptors_zps2f89ca19.jpg

Romulan "identity" issues:

- The BOff ability "Boarding Party" launches Klingon "Toron-class" shuttles (KDF-aligned) or Federation shuttlecraft (Federation-aligned) for Romulan players. I'd like to suggest that this ability uses Kestrel Runabouts for Romulan players.

- KDF aligned Romulan Warbirds sometimes use the red Klingon warp trail when warping out of a system instead of the proper green Romulan one.

- Non-Romulan Republic bridge officers use the Federation or Klingon beam in/beam out visual instead of the green Romulan one when part of a Romulan crew. This includes unique BOff rewards from featured episodes such as the Reman bridge officer.

- We'd like to see Romulan liberated Borg DOffs available in the Omega rep store if you unlock the store option for liberated Borg DOffs. Right now Romulan players are stuck with FED or KDF ally DOffs in the liberated Borg store.

Ships/Items/Gameplay suggestions:

- We'd love to see a Sword of the Raptor Star replica melee weapon for Romulan/Reman players, akin to the Shard Sword of Khaless KDF players get.

- It would be great to see a flyable TOS D-7 Romulan battlecruiser sometime in the future.

To be continued...
Post edited by lord7tareq on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 either restrict the Federation from Fleet mark events until level 20 OR allow the KDF access to them

2 KILL toven khev

3 Mk XII plasma rifles
    Live long and Prosper
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 - Romulan D7 and iterations of cruisers between the D7 and D'deridex

2 - Science ships

3 -Reman Style starships.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Long term? A Rator III social zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) TOS Bird of Prey decal on as many ships as possible.

2) Sword of the Raptor Star replica, at least on par with the Shard Sword of Khaless.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Interior and Exterior Romulan "costumes" for Fleet bases. Not really worried about having them for the Embassy and holdings in the Fleet base space map as of yet. Embassy makes sense it would still be ally specific, and the holdings surrounding the base could be infrastructure aid from your allies.

2) Faction specific Cargo Transports.

3) Commodity Trading system, with random availability from brokers and random buy/sell prices.

4) Conversion of later episode missions to be more Romulan Centric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want Warbird Decals or various decals that can be applied to the underside of the Warbirds similar to that of the T'liss (TOS) Warbird
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reman Psionic powers... We get so see all of these cool powers that NPC Remans use, but all we get is Mind Drain (we don't even get telekinisis!?!). Give us traits with the NPC psionic powers, I'd gladly give up all of my other traits for some psychic clones and a short CD psionic attack.

More cloaks/capes and sashes. The Tal-Shiar NPCs have some sick looking sashes and draperies, my Reman wants some of those too!

Release the Scimitar already... Jeez :P
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GREAT thread!

I really wish there was an option to change the current fleet starbase interior/exterior to the Romulan Gasko starbase!

That would save devs from having to figure out how to give the Romulan faction starbases after they've already had the allied starbase system in place.

I'm fine if it's a T5 unlock ... gives Romulan-focused fleets something to aim for and a real reason to push their fleets to a T5 starbase.

I'd also like to see Romulan liberated Borg DOffs available in the Omega rep store if you unlock the store option for liberated Borg DOffs. Right now Romulan players are stuck with FED or KDF ally DOffs in the liberated Borg store.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another thing I'd love to see for the Romulan faction is for the devs to make The Vault a functional Reman starbase that can only be visited by Romulan faction players.

Think of it like Ganalda space station for the KDF only this one would be for ROM faction players, it would be full of Reman NPCs and have lots of Borg tech everywhere.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay,

Here's my contribution.

1. - More T'Varo variants please. Like the ship a bunch, wouldn't mind mixin it up tho.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2009/003/6/8/Final_JJverse_Romulan_ship_by_JohnnyMuffintop.png

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/romulan-belly.jpg

2. - You know, let's just say, MORE variants all around shall we? Not that I completely dislike Cryptic's designs, but I would love to see more variants that "look a bit like these":
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/283/4/3/Romulan_D__shara_WIP_10_Oct_09_by_Galen82.jpg
    or along the idea of these:
    http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=82000&stc=1&d=1254710340

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/383738-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/199/e/0/Ships_of_ASR_Romulan__t__liss_by_GhostRider2007.jpg

http://www.suricatafx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fvillhawarbird1.jpg

Especially something like THIS
    http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/val4.jpg

3. The ability to put our fleet logo on Romulans ships please, and as with the D'deridex, have it be in the correct location too. (that's important)

4. I'd LOVE it if the 1000 day veteran ship would have the option to put a warbird design on the bottom of it's hull. You know like the old TOS warbird had painted on the bottom hull?
    http://padresteve.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/romulan_bird-of-prey_cg_tos-aft.jpg
    Certainly more "winglike" feathering type effect's on ship "wings"
    http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/romulan-belly.jpg

5. New UPDATED Centurion helmets please. AND Nemesis style uniforms too.

6. A WHOLE adapted Tal'Shiar ship interior, for our lockbox adapted Tal'Shiar ships, since it exists already in game, (see Mind Games).

7. REMAN warbirds please.
    http://img1.imagebanana.com/img/asw9cy51/Remans2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/713/remansaif.jpg/
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More free ships for leveling up. The D'deridex, while not a bad ship by any means, is pretty jarring to fly after spending thirty levels flying T'liss/Dhelan/Mogai warbirds.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Move the spawn points of many of the new missions so that the ship is not immediately in combat. Several episodes forced me to choose between reading the briefing to understand what I was supposed to do and fighting for my life. One episode took me six restarts to read the briefing, which is no longer available if you opt to fight or are forced to respawn.
  • persephoneltcpersephoneltc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My wish list is to add the following fleet ship:

D'ridren_class It made an appearance in Star Trek the Next Generation, but seems to have been replaced here by the Dhelan_class for some reason.

D'ridren:
    * Tier 5
    Type: Warbird
    Hull: 31,500
    Shields: 5,860
    Shield Modifier: 0.9
    Weapons: Fore (4), Aft (2)
    Crew: 150
    Boffs: T-Com, T-Lt, E-Ensign, S-LtC, U-Lt
    Devices: 3
    Consoles: T-4, E-2, S-2
    Turn: 15
    Impulse: 0.25
    Inertia: 70
    Bonus: +10 Weps, +5 Engine
    Console: Improved Placate - target may not target your ship for 1 minute or until you do any damage to it (your ship has to do dmg to the target)
    Cost: 2500 Zen

Fleet version:
    Hull: 34,500
    Shields: 5,860
    Shield Modifier: 0.99
    Weapons: Fore (4), Aft (2)
    Crew: 175
    Boffs: T-Com, T-Lt, E-Ensing, S-LtC, U-Lt
    Devices: 3
    Consoles: T-4, E-3, S-2
    Turn: 15
    Impulse: 0.25
    Inertia: 70
    Bonus: +10 Weps, +5 Engine
    Console: Guided Torpedo (torpedo tracks target, sorta like a 360* firing arc on one torpedo shot every 2 minutes. Hardly overpowering when you have 180* arcs on a federation cruiser, you have 360* arcs on kinetic cutting beams, etc.)
    Cost: 20,000 fleet credits, 4 fleet modules
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) NEMESIS Romulan uniforms
    2) ST:TNG First season Romulan uniforms (with the large black sash)
    3) DS9 and Voyager Romulan uniforms
    4) Romulan variant of the D7 (with the bird painted on the underside)
    5) Ambassador Nanclus "uniform" from ST:VI
    6) Romulan Republic logo on ships
    7) full Tal Shiar uniforms
    8) More sashes/harnesses
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want the 1000 day ship to be finished/released.

Gonna just keep leveling alts till it is.

2 down, 4 to go.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my big wish is to some day be apart of the RSE that is all :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GREAT thread!

I really wish there was an option to change the current fleet starbase interior/exterior to the Romulan Gasko starbase!

That would save devs from having to figure out how to give the Romulan faction starbases after they've already had the allied starbase system in place.

I'm fine if it's a T5 unlock ... gives Romulan-focused fleets something to aim for and a real reason to push their fleets to a T5 starbase.

I'd also like to see Romulan liberated Borg DOffs available in the Omega rep store if you unlock the store option for liberated Borg DOffs. Right now Romulan players are stuck with FED or KDF ally DOffs in the liberated Borg store.

Many fleets will never see Tier 5 or if they do it'll be years down the road, perhaps after Tier 1 is unlocked, but anything more is unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluekat67bluekat67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have created alien toons on rom side at 4ft6 and when I have gone back to toon it looks the same but charater status says it's romulan and height has changed to 5ft6 am not happy bout it, would be really happy if height were changed for all toons to 4ft6 I LUV MIDGETS :)
  • rjanorrrjanorr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More Romulan bridge designs for ships.
    Romulan or Reman carrier ship like the ones the KDF and SFC has.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish one of the Scimitar variants will not be a carrier and will get better stats instead of hangars. 8 weapons, 5 tac consoles, 4 eng consoles, and 1 sci console or 5 tac, 3 eng, and 2 sci will be acceptable. I want a Romulan Bortasqu, not a Romulan Jem'hadar Dreadnought. Given hopw the firepower was described on Nemesis, this ship needs to have similar firepower to the cruiser with the most firepower in game right now the Bortasqu.

-TNG, DS9, and Nemesis uniforms, I will buy all 3 immediatley as long as there are no clipping issues or color pallete bugs.

-Fix the current bugs with the Romulan TOS uniform.

-additional Bridge packs or at the very least a Reman color/lighting scheme for the current Bridge, with lots of dark colors and very little light.

Expand the Command center at new Romulus, it should be more of a social zone, add a lounge/bar area and expand the size of instances back to 75 like ESD used to be before. Or at least 45. Lot of players go by without ever passing by each other or seeing each other in game.

Add new nebulas/clusters in the Tau Dewa block that give unique Romulan/Reman doffs when completing colonization chains support missions.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I approve of this thread. Most of my suggestions have been listed already.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see a third option for Romulan players - remaining neutral. Being D'Tan's eyes and ears amongst his erstwhile "allies" is fine. However, there really should be some way to allow a Rihannsu player to maintain his/her stance as neutral instead of being forced to choose allying with one or the other of the main factions. After all, the tlhIngans chose to end their alliance with the Star Empire while the Federation refused to help the Star Empire in its hour of greatest need. Now, both sides appear more than ready to scavenge to bones of the Star Empire and D'Tan is handing out the forks and knives for them to do so.

I am not speaking of playing as a member of the Tal Shiar. Being a minion of Sela and Hakeev would get very boring very fast. The chance for playing and development of a character would be limited by allowing the Tal Shiar to be a subfaction of the Romulans. What I am speaking of is a choice where playing as a Romulan allows someone to remain Romulan. Instead of furthering the cause of either Starfleet or the KDF.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neutral would be acceptable.. prefferably, my wish is for romulans to be a complete faction with no ties to either the empire or the federation.. I want us to have our own fleets, our own starbases, our own "academy".. Is this really too much to ask??
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • resurgent1resurgent1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agreed.... granted the star empire is shattered, but it is reconstituting itself weithr it be loyalist/fed/kdf. currently you get nothing if you dont ally. this is neither realistic or intune with the storyline. we need some loyalist content & more romulan ship variety &/or the use of more factionated ships. (imagine my surprise when i baught factions ships & couldnt even use them:mad:)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The inability to use other factions' ships as a Rommie is old news and has already been discussed to death in these forums. If we're gonna let Rommies use Oddys, then we might as well let Klingons use Oddys as well. I understand what the Devs did here and I approve of it. Rommies flying T5 Fed ships just isn't Star Trek enough. Even if it might be MMO enough. Which I doubt as well.

What I'd like to see further on down the road is something similar to what has been done with the Klingons. A Klingon can now start at level one thanks to the new content and the repurposed missions. Couldn't we do something like this which enabled a Rommie player to advance all the way to level 50 without becoming a pawn of either Starfleet or the KDF? The idea has already been tested and validated by what has been done with the new KDF content, so it should not be too hard to implement in a future Season.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since more or less has been mentioned, I'll add the nitpicking issues. What, small details make difference to some of us! :P:D

- I want my ship's scanners to be green, not Federation blue or Klingon red.
    - I want my char.'s tricoder scan to be green, not Federation blue or Klingon red.
    - In the Rotunda on New Romulus Command, the part of the floor that points towards the terrace has a black hole instead of a floor light.
    - Since the last patch, when you're on the terrace in New Romulus Command, there is a reflection in the watter that partly shows columns and banners. There are no banners on the building. :confused:
    - I want my Boffs to be able to use the TOS helmet. Atm they can't.
    - I want my ship's warp out animation to stop leaving blue trails whenever it feels like it.
    - I want the ingame interactions to treat me like a member of the Romulan faction, not as Starfleet or Federation, Klingon or KDF. This is especially prominent in cluster exploration missions.
    - I want a Reman NPC that gives Doff mission to acquire Reman Doffs through cultural exchange, similar to the Vulcan/Tellarite/Andorian or Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan availible to the other factions.
    - I want to have Romulan Accademy on Mol'Rihan.
    - I want to have a crafting console in New Romulus Command.
    - Also, I would like there to be Romulan/Reman Doffs availible to through the commendation achievements and not only the allied ones.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The worst thing for me is that if I choose to ally with the Klingons as a Romulan then there are no missions under the Available Tab in the mission finder.

This means that as a Romulan Klingon ally you don't get any dilithium dailies like a Fed Romulan ally does with their "Explore Strange New Worlds" daily.

There are Zero missions listed under my Available tab and my Romulan Klingon ally is now level 32. No point in me playing that character any further so I might as well delete it so I can free up the slot as it seems like Cryptic does not even care to say anything about this issue let alone actually fix it. :mad:
  • edwolf3dedwolf3d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see a unified Romulan Republic. Splitting the fighting forces of a fledling nation just doesn't make sense, Romulans should be able to team with Romulans regardless of fractional alliance. Since we're already a cross fraction why not make it a complete cross fraction rather then this half fraction we have now.

The addition of a Romulan base would also serve to complete this fraction. While it might be a headache for those of us who have joined or used the fraction bases of our allies for our fleets. I still think it would be a good addition to the game.

I would also like to see green blue and purple quality Rolmulan/Reman Boffs available for recruitment at the Boff recruiter in the Command Center on New Romulus.

Also I disagree with the special reward Boffs being of the allied fraction for Romulans unless it fits into the storyline. However most join the crew of the ship after completing a set of missions, it seems a little out of context to have them join the allied fraction of a Romulan ship before joining the crew. It's sort of like someone coming to America, applying for citizenship, and being made a citizen of Great Brittan instead, just doesn't make sense.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Let RR character join a FA to blow up Vulcan

2) can we please exchange our allies' underperforming DOffs on new romulus command.

3) Can we please turn in contraband, prisoners, and dead tribbles on new romulus
  • ouroboros99ouroboros99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TNG era Romulan pack in the same style as the DS9 etc packs. So you'd get the TNG era Romulan uniforms, a scaling TNG style disruptor pistol, maybe scaling ship disruptor weapons as well, and a few other ods and ends.