test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risian Corvette and the Summer Event.

2»

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I could buy you a round at the pub I would.

Sorry no its just Orion dancing boys ;p

Serous has no one else noticed that Orion Males are the studiest Males in the game with a six pack and shirtless. General Susher would like Fabio, but with a bald head, green skin, and Shoulder bolts.

Anyways I hope there is a Blog post about this coming up, I'd like to see if my guess is right.
    edited June 2013
    Just a thought, but it'd be cool if it came with a bridge usable on my Flight Deck Cruisers.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where does this information of new corvette ship comes from? tribble server? I think that's called romulan dreadnaughty pack.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, the Summer Event was discovered on tribble and it lead to the Risian Corvette being discovered. The Orion Corvette is just my speculation, because it makes sense.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    Where does this information of new corvette ship comes from? tribble server? I think that's called romulan dreadnaughty pack.

There was an oopsie that allowed folks to Beam to Event at Risa that was subsequently removed.

Risian Corvette, Summer Outfits, Tropical Birds, Jetpacks...new stuff to collect, Start lines for races, etc, etc, etc... a Summer version of the Winter Event - at the beach!
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    lordgyor wrote: »

Serous has no one else noticed that Orion Males are the studiest Males in the game with a six pack and shirtless. General Susher would like Fabio, but with a bald head, green skin, and Shoulder bolts.

Anyways I hope there is a Blog post about this coming up, I'd like to see if my guess is right.

The Gorn are pretty buff as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    There was an oopsie that allowed folks to Beam to Event at Risa that was subsequently removed.

Risian Corvette, Summer Outfits, Tropical Birds, Jetpacks...new stuff to collect, Start lines for races, etc, etc, etc... a Summer version of the Winter Event - at the beach!

Arg, I hated the winter races I was aweful at it, time to study up, because I want the Corvette.
    edited June 2013
    Okay just found out why I lost so often, I didn't know you had to press the shift key to run. I always wondered why everone moved faster then me.
    edited June 2013
    Arg, I hated the winter races I was aweful at it, time to study up, because I want the Corvette.
    devian666 wrote: »
    The Gorn are pretty buff as well.

They're also reptiles :p not what I'd call sexy, more scary.
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would love to see a screen shot of this event leaked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    The winter event was rather grindy, but to be honest I actually quite liked it. Most years I miss events due to being on holiday but the extended event worked out well for me. I just had enough time to get the breen ship.

I'll probably get the new ship on a couple of characters just for the sake of it.

I hope that the related events provide some good content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do I get the feeling we're going to be seeing Speedo'd Gorn and Two-piece Caitians running around during and after?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling we're going to be seeing Speedo'd Gorn and Two-piece Caitians running around during and after?

Beachbum jeans and metal bikinis...

...no doubt, much like some folks wanted cropped jackets for men - there will likely be posts asking for metal banana hammocks for Gorns, eh? Studded banana hammocks for Orions? Bladed banana hammocks for Naus? GPL banana hammocks for Ferengi?
    edited June 2013
    I'm all for victorian era beach wear, or an armoured dive suit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beachbum jeans and metal bikinis...

...no doubt, much like some folks wanted cropped jackets for men - there will likely be posts asking for metal banana hammocks for Gorns, eh? Studded banana hammocks for Orions? Bladed banana hammocks for Naus? GPL banana hammocks for Ferengi?

Quite frankly, I would love the option to put my male characters in skirts and short cut tops. Very little would make me happier.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would love to see a screen shot of this event leaked

Well i wasn't there when it actually leaked, but it's still in the Calender on Tribble :

Lohlunat Summer Event

June 27 - August 15

Enjoy the Tropical Beaches of Risa

Risa has opened it's beaches to all comers for a seasonal celebration!

-> so if you want proof .. it's still there ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited June 2013
    Your link doesn't work.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see they still haven't implemented a cancel option in event projects, so anyone still stuck with one of the two projects from the CE event are locked out.
  • spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damn! it should..??!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well if it doesn't work, basically it falls into the same event rep as the CE (Crystalline Entity) Event we just had a few months back, though on this one you have to collect 1000 Risian Lohlunat Pearls, of which you can collect by completing the Grav Glider Challenge/s on Risa during the Summer Event.

Note: this lockbox ships, unlike others, can NOT be traded.

It is a subadmiral/rear admiral lower half/Brigadier General ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well if it doesn't work,

Link works for me ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i guess enough people asked for it and talked about getting a Summer event (i was one such person, after doing the winter event i often wondered aloud in zone chat why there was no summer event) that Cryptic responded and decided to create one ^^

i hope they have two piece swimwear to get, my trill captain is going to be looking awesome if i can get her one :)

maybe my caitian captain too :P

really if they do implement it this year....i'll probably just go all OCD and grind it out for all my toons :P ship, clothes, collectibles, etc.

Edit: Though in all reality i would like it to be Q to run the event, just like he does the winter event...cause it's just more fun with that damned omnipotent being trolling like he does :)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Branflakes: Brave and noble knights have uncovered the misty secrets of the Warlocks of Cryptonius.

You could straight away release the first Dev Blogs for this Risa event anyway..

Soooo... how many Lohlunat Pearls are in the Summer Appreciation Packs we surely can buy from the Dilithium Store?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope they make a "get Nukara marks easy" as they did for Romulan marks during the winter event. If an event was discovered by accident, it may happen. It's still not Summer in the northen hemisphere until June 21th.
    edited June 2013
    I'm curious how many pearls we get for each event. I'd love to see my first officer wearing a pearl necklace.

@Spartanofborg thanks!

The gliding actually sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it.

I also hope to get to fight some essentialests.

I look forward to deals on the Corvette.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just really hope there's another PvP race for me to dominate... :P
  • codyniz1codyniz1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Plus they have some of the funniest costumes, that are basically out of a country music video. Shirtless, often blue bottoms, and brown cowboy boots.
    edited June 2013
    Actually its more S&M themed then country, lots of piercing, body mods, tatooes, leather, and other kinky looking stuff, that's the Male Orion look.

Anyway, I wonder how many pearls are awarded for the glider events. I hope its a hundred a day.
  • sailorpeachsailorpeach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually its more S&M themed then country, lots of piercing, body mods, tatooes, leather, and other kinky looking stuff, that's the Male Orion look.

Anyway, I wonder how many pearls are awarded for the glider events. I hope its a hundred a day.

It'll most likely be 40 like the winter event, and require a 1000 for the ship, making it necessary to do 25 times to get said ship or spend zen to open boxes to get it faster.