test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Audio "pop" every 8 seconds

trekie85trekie85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Title says quite a bit about my problem lol, Im not the only one having it i know, I use a logitech G35 headset and every 8 seconds roughly there is a pop/snap sound.. ive tried adjusting a ton of audio options and I just cant figure out what the heck it is or how to deal with it, even with all audio sliders and master to 0 it still makes a "pop" sound like clockwork ... drivers are up to date as well, curious if anyone else has this problem or even better has found a solution to it.
--- I <3 U CRYPTIC - - -
Post edited by trekie85 on

Comments

• Options
    marxbrudermarxbruder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry! The pop you hear is just a result of your line being bugged. LOL!!!
    seriously, though, have you tried a ground lift?
  • Options
    kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, only happening to me when playing a Romulan character so far. Once it starts though, it persisted when I switched chars, have to restart the game to get rid of it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=695421
  • Options
    rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last mission I ran I noticed that the snapping started while on a ground mission, but almost as soon as the combat that I noticed the snapping on ended one of my BOs pulled out a tribble and the snapping stopped. It happened twice in that missions. Can anyone else check and see if it works for them?
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if it's related but i'm getting issues where certain sounds quit playing, like wepons fire on ground combat.

It's intermittent but when it happens, a "crack/pop" occurs.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can add me to the list too, in my case its a snap every so many seconds. Other sound issues include the tricorder sfx being eliminated and while we are talking about it, ENgineering hasnt had sound effects for about 4 or 5 months now.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ibf2snappibf2snapp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    awesome! thanks for the heads up Zerobang
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank god brans seen this with proof and passed it along. It was highly annoying.

Using a asus dg xonar one of the latest unified drivers, senn 558s as headphones if it helps track the bug down. i.e listing hardware so they can test with similar if poss if they arnt detecting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this on tribble too, at that time i hoped it would vanish and not make it to holodeck.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There has been a "popping" issue since the game started. People with lower end sound systems might not hear it but my 5.1 set up its very noticable

In the past, I would only get it on ESD. and IIRC a couple of other stations.

On Tribble in the beta it become a constant annoyance. Hearing now on live a well. Sometimes its very steady. Pop. Pop. Pop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    truwentruwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suppose I will add to this report with my information.

Asus Xonar Essence STX.

3D Audio Engine: Xear3D DS3D (I suppose this is part of the card or at the very least part of the driver.)

Audio Driver Version: 8.0.8.1818

Audio Controller: Xonar Audio Processing Unit

DirectX Version: DirectX 11.0

GX: 1.0.12.106

ASIO: 2.0.0.12

These drivers are the latest as of about 2 weeks ago from the ASUS website.

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

My settings are 8 channels (I tend to like the spacious/surround feel), PCM 96 KHz, Analog out is set to headphone I have PCM turned on with 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter and Dolby Headphone checked.

These are really the only settings I have turned on. Sometimes I will hit SVN, but normally only if someone is too quiet in skype or I just want a little boost to my audio. Generally though, it is turned off.
  • Options
    aerigaraerigar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting this annoying pop as well now. Started popping up as soon as I began the LoR campaign, never had it before that.