test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs

notobignotobig Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a serious question for all the game developers and designers why is it everytime we get a patch or down for maintence server stability you all say you fix something and then the same day we find another 15 bugs in the game that were not their earlier that day the bug list for this game is huge some have been there since beta and now a new expansion and its the same old bugs with a ton more that should not be in the game like fixing the foundry when its still locked out or server stability when what the game needs is to split up the north American euro and Asians to all separate servers to drop lag and stabilize the servers more instances doesn't help the main servers when the same amount of people are on them ive dropped over 2000 dollars into this game I love it and im just tired of you all saying you fix one thing and in the process break many others
Post edited by notobig on

Comments

• poiuylkjhg09876poiuylkjhg09876 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My muse has spoken. Listen well.
  • otcwyrmsfireotcwyrmsfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sentiment is probably a lot more pervasive than you realize. Many players simply suck it up like suckers or are too nice, many just leave or get burnt out from it.
  • olmacdonaldolmacdonald Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I here ya guys, I am struggling with all kinds of bugs and poor performance which is becomming regular. Most of the bugs are ruining aspects of teamplay and pvp.
  • turninwyrm27turninwyrm27 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG!!! ikwym about those bugs, ur talking bout the auto target BS eh? that crazy new stuff designed to bring over all the inept players from wow. I mean really guys you think players need the game to play itself or them? In theory this isn't terrible ... yet. But what the result is it has ruined gameplay for months for good normal regualrs.

Bad buisness strategy imo but if i had the capacity to figure out what crazy line of thinking you guys are on ... well anyways seems like greed over nescsity to me, that never ends badly.

here's a thought, make one server and game configuration for good players and one for the casuals, b/c they don't want to learn and i don't want to see them increase in numbers and make the majority of teamplayed action impossible to pug.

NOTE i abhor forums, can't stand them if u can tell by my number of posts however, since LOR my number of posts have gone wayyy up and i tend to only post when the game is down, performing poorly, or sucks so bad in gameplay breaking bugs that id rather come post on a forum.... whats wrong with that picture?

now im not a big brother type but maybe u could test ur staff and contractors for ... i dunno bath salts? cause i feel like im getting my face eaten off lately when i play. kthxbai
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    notobig wrote: »
    I have a serious question for all the game developers and designers why is it everytime we get a patch or down for maintence server stability you all say you fix something and then the same day we find another 15 bugs in the game that were not their earlier that day the bug list for this game is huge some have been there since beta and now a new expansion and its the same old bugs with a ton more that should not be in the game like fixing the foundry when its still locked out or server stability when what the game needs is to split up the north American euro and Asians to all separate servers to drop lag and stabilize the servers more instances doesn't help the main servers when the same amount of people are on them ive dropped over 2000 dollars into this game I love it and im just tired of you all saying you fix one thing and in the process break many others

Welcome to MMO's. Bugs can crop up into a patch they didn't intend to have happen. It's not that they aren't looking for bugs or trying to fix them, it's when you build an MMO with millions of lines of code, things can accidentally cross that you didn't intend to have happen and a bug is born. You then gotta find that 1 or 2 lines that messed it all up, edit it so it doesn't break anything else and the down side is it might in the end.

Tis how it always goes with games.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• turninwyrm27turninwyrm27 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sooo, what I read is that all MMO's are basically the same and while these bugs certainly pop up in all of them, many have more rigid systems for testing first and thoroughly.

I love the game or at least the IP and what the game has the potential to be with better effort. Frankly as far as the end result STO seems to rank very low imo compared to many MMO's and while there are plenty of crappy MMO's with bad teams, oversight, management, decision making... i tend to not play them at all for a second.

So essentially what i hear is we have a format for game design with engines where we can indefintely mod them to make endless playert worlds where players can walk a picture of something to a picture of something else and click a cool action button or maybe fire at something.

I never forsaw whent his technology was first being explored for gaming mmo buisnesses that the end result would be code nightmares. On the other hand you can't pay me to come clean up bad code from other coders as this IP has changed hands and teams and been outsourced sooo many times therein lies the culprit.

I just wish it played like it did in some of the peak sesaons where content and bugs were at a healthy balance.Instead of all the content in the world half of which is bugged and still imbalanced, or if bugs didn't take months and years to be repaired.

Perhaps MMO's just aren't for me cause what you give up to play "socially" which is only an illusion (you could network doom on machines and play socially in the 80's)

In the end lately i play about a tenth of the time i used to in sto, basically because its about a tenth as enjoyable as it used to be with the gameplay breaking bugs...since LoR. I wish it was more playable cause i want to play romulans i want to enjoy it like i sued to enjoy the other aspects but it is unattainable. And i feel it is important for a company to understand its customer base and potential customers.

I was alls aved up to get a sweet life scrip, keep talking myself into it when i sense and awesome sale coming up so i can support what i have at times loved and abhorred. Fortunately nasty glaring bugs pop up and stick around long enough for me to continually rethink the wisdom of that position.

I wonder what percentage of players out there that are f2p or onot lifetime that feelt he same way i do.