• Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed...

The mains are back online!
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yepper, its running. But it is a tad sluggish, but working.

Looks like this case is at least for the moment... Closed... :cool:
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    realpyrcevalrealpyrceval Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tewha7 wrote: »
    There are no missing files.

Seriously. I have a daily backup from May 10th, when I first joined. Those files never existed in my copy. Best guess is they stopped using them some time before May 10.

Step One: Open dictionary.

Step Two: Turn to listing for joke and read.

Step Three: Profit
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They might be stuck with faulty hardware. I've seen some pretty poorly designed networking equipment. Usually these are the "cheapest option" kind of device (HINT: You get what you pay for). We had some routers that needed to be reset fairly frequently in order to function stably. Or maybe the hardware they have isn't rated for the number of concurrent users that they have been experiencing?

I know they have had hardware issues recently, and I don't know that they ever resolved them, fully. But you're right, it could be software. I've worked with both sides of the coin and without seeing what they're seeing internally, I wouldn't want to say it's one or the other. It actually doesn't even matter to us what the problem is so long as they develop a long term solution and can effectively implement it.

Yep... I'm an IT Director in real life and run multiple geoclusters.... we haven't had a service outage for over 3 years (yes, we do upgrades, server replacements, etc., but the actual service doesn't go down as we fail over to other nodes.) It baffles me that STO is really Star Trek OFFline as they are down so often.
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Captain Obvious reports the following:

1. The servers are down.
    2. PWE Techs know the servers are down.
    3. PWE Techs have found the cause of the problem.
    4. PWE Techs keen powers of observation noticed that the
    hamster fell off the wheel within 2 hours of the server going down.
    5. An additional hour was spent attempting to feed said hamster
    before noticing that the hamster was actually dead [Jim].
    6. PWE Techs are scrambling to find a new hamster,
    but all the pet shops in the neighborhood are currently closed.
    7. PWE Techs have not notified PWE's PR arm [AKA Branflakes] of the outage
    so he could not give his perfunctory "we are aware of the problem and are
    currently working on the problem... Thank you for your cooperation" message.
    8. The servers are still down.
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dufus9889 wrote: »
    Reading through the forums, we have deduced the following possible reasons why we cannot play:

1) Hardware Failure
    2) Software Failure
    3) Failed Coding from latest patch
    4) Cryptic's inability to pay anybody with a GED $10 to monitor game servers through the weekend; therefore, they don't know it's happening
    5) Devs are preparing for the upcoming Roller Derby and took a hiatus from work
    6) The Tal Shiar, KDF Intelligence, Section 31, or the Obama Administration have uploaded a virus into the latest patch that is slowly eating our game files.
    7) The Borg assimilated the servers into the collective (actually PWE has already done this; can't be the reason).
    8) Because Scotty is not a quality control engineer at Cryptic

Updated the list.

Or the Obsidian Order, The True Way, the Dominion, the Ferangi
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    sebajssebajs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's funny because I just got off !!:P

TMI dude, TMI! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    morpheushawkmorpheushawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sebajs wrote: »
    But you forget, it IS legal there.
    puttenham wrote: »
    has anyone from cryptic even said anything about this down time.. ive been looking, and i see nothing.. do they even know? its been offline a while now, nothing on fb, nothing in the forums, nothing on the cover page..

as far as i know, there's nothing on their facebook page about it...
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, this has been utterly entertaining. See you next time we crash, gang. :)
  • Options
    ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server status shows as being up but it still isn't logging me in. It's just sitting there doing nothing. grrrr
  • Options
    tewha7tewha7 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously they left a Pakled in charge. He probably came cheap. :)
  • Options
    locutusnrglocutusnrg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server Is Up Enjoy
    LOQTUS2 of UNIMATRIX-001
    HIVEMIND
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    Yepper, its running. But it is a tad sluggish, but working.

Looks like this case is at least for the moment... Closed... :cool:

Wonder if they'll just mark this thread as "Solved" and move on
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clogginns wrote: »
    Dear Administration,
    It's probably not your fault this happened. However, you are responsible for it.
    Is this game or any game needed, no. BUT people have placed enough money in this game to make it something of a priority. 2 hours and no response or word?
    You know why you haven't had as much success as WoW? That's why.
    Blizzard takes responsibility for their problems, apologizes and actually fixes it.
    If you want to make a successful game and maintain a happy client base, take a lesson from them. I'm not saying they do everything perfectly, nor am I a huge advocate for WoW.
    but that fact remains, they would never let this happen, at least not without some sort of a comment. You don't read thier forums and see shrapnel like this flying around because the customer knows they are going to be able to do what they were promised they would do with in the expected time frame. TRIBBLE happens, then you wipe and flush.
    TRIBBLE seems to happen, with no further attention.

Evaluate the success of the longest lasting games, why they were successful and what keeps them successful.
    People want free-to-play, so you gave it to them, the ones who want to pay still can (without much added benefit). But nonetheless you listened to your clients, either that or you felt this game was dead and free-to-play is your last ditch effort at raking in as much cash as possible without any intent to fix it.

Will you loose many customers? No, they will complain and not leave, but complain (as you see from the countless threads on these issues).

You probably won't even read this, but that's ok. So here's my shout out to the gamers.

Guys, shut up with all the whining. You need to either leave the game and make your statement by not supporting the company by having any of their products on your computer, or make due with what's here. Yes you've poured countless hours into this. You probably wasted your life doing so. So man up, grow up, and do something proactive other than complaining on a forum rehashing the exact same old TRIBBLE time and time again.

For all you haters getting steamed - just shut up. No body likes your attitude, and your cussing and swearing makes you look like a fool and that's why no one listens. Think before you speak. Think. Before. You. Speak.

So leave if you hate this, and all the garbage associated with their lack of accountability and effort, and responsibility. Otherwise, wait. Make a statement that can actually effect change.

applause...well said!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tewha7 wrote: »
    Obviously they left a Pakled in charge. He probably came cheap. :)

ROFLMFAO

Now THAT'S a good one!
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    qcontinuum12qcontinuum12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a promising game too ...I totally quit World of ******** cold turkey for STO....PLease, Please, Please I pray to the Prophets ....the Server must come back up :confused:
  • Options
    elyonsfireelyonsfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh so its not just me. WOO! And here I was thinking that I had failed. Thank you cryptic for failing for me
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im showing green, but i cant get in.. the launcher is frozen, and keeps freezing..

when cryptic goes to bed at night, does it dream about being a real gaming company someday?
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a promising game too ...I totally quit World of ******** cold turkey for STO....PLease, Please, Please I pray to the Prophets ....the Server must come back up :confused:

It is up! As Bran would say... See you in game! :)
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    mrbelemrbele Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is starting to get frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durnheimdurnheim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm back in!
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i say it is the work of Jawa scrapers, they ran out with about 35% of PWE's hardware before they knew what even hit them! :O lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Yep, working again
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elyonsfire wrote: »
    Oh so its not just me. WOO! And here I was thinking that I had failed. Thank you cryptic for failing for me

Aaand here comes the 2nd batch

Looks like the community must spend the rest of their starship career taking turns gaming

(Read: sooo they didn't fix the server problem?)

Edit: Don't want to give them any ideas
  • Options
    usmc1980usmc1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    finally its up
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    It is up! As Bran would say... See you in game! :)

and its probably coming back down.. seems alot of people are having trouble either getting in, or laggin and what not once they are in..
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Horray! They found a new hamster!
  • Options
    lspravenlspraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its Up!!!!!
  • Options
    jgardner1975jgardner1975 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pel2 wrote: »
    cryptic thier pockets full, hands empty the dev's gone. The servers on the river Tamok sailing in the Titanic, Picard screaming at enkidu...Why the servers DOWN!!!!:mad::mad:

shaka, when the walls fell...
    Vice Admiral Gardner
    Federation Engineer
    Captain of the U.S.S. Bayou La Batre
  • Options
    ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game server is up but that doesn't mean the authentication server isn't borking.
This discussion has been closed.