test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server status shows as being up but it still isn't logging me in. It's just sitting there doing nothing. grrrr
  • tewha7tewha7 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously they left a Pakled in charge. He probably came cheap. :)
  • locutusnrglocutusnrg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server Is Up Enjoy
    LOQTUS2 of UNIMATRIX-001
    HIVEMIND
  • sebajssebajs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    Yepper, its running. But it is a tad sluggish, but working.

Looks like this case is at least for the moment... Closed... :cool:

Wonder if they'll just mark this thread as "Solved" and move on
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clogginns wrote: »
    Dear Administration,
    It's probably not your fault this happened. However, you are responsible for it.
    Is this game or any game needed, no. BUT people have placed enough money in this game to make it something of a priority. 2 hours and no response or word?
    You know why you haven't had as much success as WoW? That's why.
    Blizzard takes responsibility for their problems, apologizes and actually fixes it.
    If you want to make a successful game and maintain a happy client base, take a lesson from them. I'm not saying they do everything perfectly, nor am I a huge advocate for WoW.
    but that fact remains, they would never let this happen, at least not without some sort of a comment. You don't read thier forums and see shrapnel like this flying around because the customer knows they are going to be able to do what they were promised they would do with in the expected time frame. TRIBBLE happens, then you wipe and flush.
    TRIBBLE seems to happen, with no further attention.

Evaluate the success of the longest lasting games, why they were successful and what keeps them successful.
    People want free-to-play, so you gave it to them, the ones who want to pay still can (without much added benefit). But nonetheless you listened to your clients, either that or you felt this game was dead and free-to-play is your last ditch effort at raking in as much cash as possible without any intent to fix it.

Will you loose many customers? No, they will complain and not leave, but complain (as you see from the countless threads on these issues).

You probably won't even read this, but that's ok. So here's my shout out to the gamers.

Guys, shut up with all the whining. You need to either leave the game and make your statement by not supporting the company by having any of their products on your computer, or make due with what's here. Yes you've poured countless hours into this. You probably wasted your life doing so. So man up, grow up, and do something proactive other than complaining on a forum rehashing the exact same old TRIBBLE time and time again.

For all you haters getting steamed - just shut up. No body likes your attitude, and your cussing and swearing makes you look like a fool and that's why no one listens. Think before you speak. Think. Before. You. Speak.

So leave if you hate this, and all the garbage associated with their lack of accountability and effort, and responsibility. Otherwise, wait. Make a statement that can actually effect change.

applause...well said!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tewha7 wrote: »
    Obviously they left a Pakled in charge. He probably came cheap. :)

ROFLMFAO

Now THAT'S a good one!
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • qcontinuum12qcontinuum12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a promising game too ...I totally quit World of ******** cold turkey for STO....PLease, Please, Please I pray to the Prophets ....the Server must come back up :confused:
  • elyonsfireelyonsfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh so its not just me. WOO! And here I was thinking that I had failed. Thank you cryptic for failing for me
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im showing green, but i cant get in.. the launcher is frozen, and keeps freezing..

when cryptic goes to bed at night, does it dream about being a real gaming company someday?
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a promising game too ...I totally quit World of ******** cold turkey for STO....PLease, Please, Please I pray to the Prophets ....the Server must come back up :confused:

It is up! As Bran would say... See you in game! :)
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • mrbelemrbele Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is starting to get frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • durnheimdurnheim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm back in!
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i say it is the work of Jawa scrapers, they ran out with about 35% of PWE's hardware before they knew what even hit them! :O lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Yep, working again
  • sebajssebajs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elyonsfire wrote: »
    Oh so its not just me. WOO! And here I was thinking that I had failed. Thank you cryptic for failing for me

Aaand here comes the 2nd batch

Looks like the community must spend the rest of their starship career taking turns gaming

(Read: sooo they didn't fix the server problem?)

Edit: Don't want to give them any ideas
  • usmc1980usmc1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    finally its up
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    It is up! As Bran would say... See you in game! :)

and its probably coming back down.. seems alot of people are having trouble either getting in, or laggin and what not once they are in..
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Horray! They found a new hamster!
  • lspravenlspraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its Up!!!!!
  • jgardner1975jgardner1975 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pel2 wrote: »
    cryptic thier pockets full, hands empty the dev's gone. The servers on the river Tamok sailing in the Titanic, Picard screaming at enkidu...Why the servers DOWN!!!!:mad::mad:

shaka, when the walls fell...
    Vice Admiral Gardner
    Federation Engineer
    Captain of the U.S.S. Bayou La Batre
  • ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game server is up but that doesn't mean the authentication server isn't borking.
  • lejtlejt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    not up yet, not able to login, failed for unknown reason.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed. The game is up, and I am in!

For now...:o
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • morpheushawkmorpheushawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    true, i mean for all we know they could be patching and just didn't bother to tell us
  • vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The server light is green but the launcher won't connect. Also, I really would like some sort of info from Cryptic re the cause of downtime. I hate the lack of info this whole time.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah tribble is online, and shows me the summer event also. Oo xD tribble seems working well. lading fast and having NONE of the bugs i have on holodeck. not the tailor issues. or missing boffs....
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Well, outside the fact that I have to repeat a mission that took me over an hour to complete the first time....thanks for bringing her back up.
  • tinman071tinman071 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else having the problem with the Officers not showing up in the DOffs recomendations? And, when are they going to fix the fleet uniform tab so that we can see the fleet uniforms?
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah back up as i was playing neverwinter, & i looked in my friends list to see someone playing trek....lol.
  • richspearrichspear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    close this thread ! before they think there is a problem and bring the server down for maintenance !!!:(
This discussion has been closed.