Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    clogginnsclogginns Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear Administration,
    It's probably not your fault this happened. However, you are responsible for it.
    Is this game or any game needed, no. BUT people have placed enough money in this game to make it something of a priority. 2 hours and no response or word?
    You know why you haven't had as much success as WoW? That's why.
    Blizzard takes responsibility for their problems, apologizes and actually fixes it.
    If you want to make a successful game and maintain a happy client base, take a lesson from them. I'm not saying they do everything perfectly, nor am I a huge advocate for WoW.
    but that fact remains, they would never let this happen, at least not without some sort of a comment. You don't read thier forums and see shrapnel like this flying around because the customer knows they are going to be able to do what they were promised they would do with in the expected time frame. TRIBBLE happens, then you wipe and flush.
    TRIBBLE seems to happen, with no further attention.

Evaluate the success of the longest lasting games, why they were successful and what keeps them successful.
    People want free-to-play, so you gave it to them, the ones who want to pay still can (without much added benefit). But nonetheless you listened to your clients, either that or you felt this game was dead and free-to-play is your last ditch effort at raking in as much cash as possible without any intent to fix it.

Will you loose many customers? No, they will complain and not leave, but complain (as you see from the countless threads on these issues).

You probably won't even read this, but that's ok. So here's my shout out to the gamers.

Guys, shut up with all the whining. You need to either leave the game and make your statement by not supporting the company by having any of their products on your computer, or make due with what's here. Yes you've poured countless hours into this. You probably wasted your life doing so. So man up, grow up, and do something proactive other than complaining on a forum rehashing the exact same old TRIBBLE time and time again.

For all you haters getting steamed - just shut up. No body likes your attitude, and your cussing and swearing makes you look like a fool and that's why no one listens. Think before you speak. Think. Before. You. Speak.

So leave if you hate this, and all the garbage associated with their lack of accountability and effort, and responsibility. Otherwise, wait. Make a statement that can actually effect change.
  • Options
    sebajssebajs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kedma wrote: »
    Pale skin is good.. you should atleast make half way to the bathrooms over there before they even notice you...

lol! Just .. lol

I will definately utilize this new information that has been given me! Maybe I even finally can take a shower :S
  • Options
    realpyrcevalrealpyrceval Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    yeah the possibility that it was the KDF intelligence or Section 31

Or the borg assimilated the servers. That would also explain the missing files. Those have also been assimilated.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where would i be without <<S>> <<T>> <<O>>???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBfdtMAD2Q
  • Options
    galacticalphagalacticalpha Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YESSSSSS! I got a call from the powers that be and he said that if I am having issues, to press the red button,,,,,wtf! that is not cryptic, that is the other place where I get my office supplies!,,,,,awwww man,,,,,my hopes were high,,,,,,sigh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pel2pel2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The server is unavailable at this time......Really no effin duh it has been for a while now
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting point... Know how it always seems to be STO and more specifically Holodeck that goes offline and crashes all the time, but yet Tribble, Champions, and Neverwinter hardly ever go down when compared to STO's Holodeck? Hummm... If they only instanced and split servers like TOR does. Seems like there servers never go offline and when they do they usually are only for a patch and not much if any random downtime.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ditto that
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or the borg assimilated the servers. That would also explain the missing files. Those have also been assimilated.

true I guess
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    camhortocamhorto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gotta love cryptic. first patches every other day, then patches every day. now server lag, and now no server.
    So, this is the Legacy of Romulus...
    Patches every other day, lag, patches, queues are bugged, patches, server lag, patches, server offline... Whats next?
  • Options
    richspearrichspear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe they are trying to teach us something...
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aoav160 wrote: »
    Well the login error changed from:

Login failure: Connection to the login server timed out.

to

Login failure: The server is unavailable at this time.

Cryptic progress?

lol I suggested this about an hour ago. changing the wording to make people think there was progress. SEE! they are listening!
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ondolinde wrote: »
    3 hours and counting....

Are we sure Linden Lab isn't running this game?

*reads the fine print*

"Perfect World is a wholly owned subsidiary of Linden Labs inc."
    :eek:
  • Options
    sara479sara479 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try reading the context to which my statement was made...
    Or even better, look at what I was replying to..
    Because all you did was reiterate my point. but ummmm okay ... TY for backing me up..:confused:

I just logged into Sl for giggles, 10 years and still going.
  • Options
    madwolf1980madwolf1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they tried rebooting it...lol
  • Options
    rleepoorleepoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what happens when you let a redshirt run the server farm...
  • Options
    sebajssebajs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well the login error changed from:

Login failure: Connection to the login server timed out.

to

Login failure: The server is unavailable at this time.

Cryptic progress?

It's stage 2: Realization

Now we just have to wait for the next 3 stages

- Acceptance
    - Planning
    - Action

And then there is step 6:

Server crash
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013

but voyager ran fine with borg parts :( lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    richspear wrote: »
    i think cryptic finally realised it couldn't fix the servers, so they ran off with the money they made to a non extradition country.:eek:

Last known position: Yacht floating in international waters, filled with booze and several women of very questionable virtue. :mad:
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Federation Colony: Hello? Starfleet? We're under attack by Klingons AND the Borg!
    Analog tape recording machine: Starfleet is unavailable at this time, please call back later...
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sebajs wrote: »
    lol! Just .. lol

I will definately utilize this new information that has been given me! Maybe I even finally can take a shower :S

well.. since you havnt showered.. most of them will leave you alone.
  • Options
    targariertargarier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm also not going to pay a cent until such downtimes will be happen.

If I had same issue on my work, I would fired for a long time ago.
  • Options
    ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    SWTOR is really raking in the players tonight... People will get to catch up on the Rise of the Hutt Cartel... That's for those that need there F2P Sci-Fi/Roleplaying fix.

Even with the server down, STO is a better gaming experience than SWTOR.
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got on :)
  • Options
    hazanko4077hazanko4077 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its all the Tal Shiar's fault they tried to make a Romulan Tribble!
  • Options
    talia034talia034 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sardiajax wrote: »
    You forgot to mention, you don't get a response to tickets in game...its through e-mail...go figure

Point, Set...Match! :)
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    corjet wrote: »
    I just got on :)

Confirmed Status Green.
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i Am In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuullllllsssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    xenicazanosxenicazanos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they tried rebooting it...lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59co7aJl31rpbxguo1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.