test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the Scimitar is verrified?

johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
I have heard people in game say it was verified, but I haven't seen anything on it. Is there any info out on the ship?
Post edited by johnnymo1 on

Comments

• alnoranalnoran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No information has been released yet on the Scimitar, but it has been confirmed that players will be able to fly one in the future. Details are to follow, of course.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stahl has said it's coming, but it needs to be finished first.
  • drayth1drayth1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice to add it to the Romulan LEgacy Pack :)
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is verified and already on tribble, check this thread

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=746861
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for the love of god tell me it cant fire while cloaked.....or use it thaloron weapon....
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It can do both and fire the thalron while cloaked as well.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you combine the three consoles you get a single power it's called "I Win" and when you activate it every ship on screen except yours detonates.

19 hour cooldown.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    When you combine the three consoles you get a single power it's called "I Win" and when you activate it every ship on screen except yours detonates.

19 hour cooldown.

Including your teammate ships and allied npc ships. It is possible to grief players in the CSE since it destroys everything, but your ship. ISE and KASE are a piece of cake to do.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It also has 6 fore and 5 aft weapons and 6 tac console slots. To combat this, all android and Vulcan boffs have a new space trait called "Save Your Captain." Your crew is cut in half and then all Romulan ships blow up.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    drayth1 wrote: »
    It would be nice to add it to the Romulan LEgacy Pack :)

While I certainly wouldn't complain then, it wouldn't make any sense to do this.

They'd be giving it away for free to the countless people, like me, who already have the Legacy Pack.

It is, no doubt, going to be a 5k three pack.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I remember the fuss when the Andorian Ships were released, "oh no, the feds have got a ship with 5 fore weapon slots..." but soon we realised that they could still be easily dealt with.

If everybody is expecting the Scimitar from Donatra or from themovie, prepare to be disappointed. STO will not release such a thing, they never have, and never will. What you will get for your 2500 zen, is a nice big slow turning whale which would be more fat juicy targets in space. That will be your scimitar.

IMO the best ship released so far would be the T'varo. Advanced Battle cloak, and more HP than the B'rel.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll just leave what I said about the Scimitar right here...
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I am disappointed that the Scimitar is (allegedly) being used as the Romulan flagship. IMHO it would have been the perfect Romulan answer to the Galaxy Dread / Garumba. I would rather the Romulan Flagship be a new and original design like the Odyssey / Bortasq. I am also disappointed that we do not have any Reman ships usable in game with the exception of the Scorpion Fighter (stolen by the Romulans). Romulans need their own unique fighters and Remans need their own unique ships.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Not sure what you're so unhappy about.
    It's a three-pack...but I don't see any evidence yet that it's gonna be the flagship.
    While the flagships are three-packs the reverse isn't true: not all three-packs are flagships.
    And none of the flagships are carriers.
    So wait and see, I'm pretty sure they'll make an actual Romulan Flagship at a later date and it's going to be something more akin to the Oddy and Borty.;)
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No one has said its going to be the flagship to my knowledge.

the romulan and the remans within the republic are now working together. any future ships are a collaboration between the two. who is to say the tier 5 ships they added, and any new ones are not a joint effort to combine reman and romulan technology?

we only have one reman ship in all of trek and it still based on the general romulan design, so its not like they look totally different to begin with.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting. A Reman warbird now becomes the Romulan flagship ? What a joke...
    How deep have they fallen.
    Would be nice if it would be a flight deck cruiser, rather then following the footprints of the Jem Dread.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    Would be nice if it would be a flight deck cruiser, rather then following the footprints of the Jem Dread.

It's a Tal Shiar spy!

Kill it, kill it with fire!!!
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Typical whining here. Did you care about canon when you threw a piece of active experimental Borg technology onto your ship? Stop being so hypocritical. It's a new ship, and most other people would love that design in the game.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Including your teammate ships and allied npc ships. It is possible to grief players in the CSE since it destroys everything, but your ship. ISE and KASE are a piece of cake to do.

Finally we can get rid of Mudd!!! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aurigas7 wrote: »

as i said above, where is it mentioned its the new flasgship? can someone point me to this information people keep saying.

even if it is, so what? the romulans and remans work togther in the new republic. why is a reman ship design any less vallied for a joint society over a romulan one.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe Dan has said its not the Romulan Flag ship, it'd be too old to be the Flag Ship Also the Scimatar is a carrier and the Flag Ships aren't carriers, unless you count the single pets like the Aquiris.

No this is probably more like the Vesta or Kumari, except probably a full carrier, or less likely a Flight Deck Cruiser.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It will be so large in sector space that it will block all other ships from getting to the system it sits at.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I would be really surprised if the Thalaron weapons are anything like the other ones in game. I mean, can you imagine the whining from in PvP if the Scimitar's thalaron weapon started out by creating this big cone for 10 seconds that screamed "RUN AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!"
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can see what they'll do with the big thaleron weapon. You will lose all shields and other weapons during charging and firing. Far from being a powerful weapon all enemy players will do is sneak around and attack you from behind as you shoot empty space...
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can see what they'll do with the big thaleron weapon. You will lose all shields and other weapons during charging and firing. Far from being a powerful weapon all enemy players will do is sneak around and attack you from behind as you shoot empty space...

Demolitionists' weapon. Think gates, cubes, and anything that's too stupid to run.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • ztstrikeztstrike Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this thing is remotely as powerful as I bet it will, the ship will be overkill. I sure hope that isn't the case...
    -ZT Strike
    sapyroth wrote: »
    "Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer TRIBBLE off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!":eek: