test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having loader probs?

crjasoncrjason Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just tried to start the game and it took about 3-4 minutes to verify the version, and it has taken about 20 minutes to get 50% of the way through a 138 MB patch. Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by crjason on

Comments

• draconian2013draconian2013 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, still loading for 25 minutes
  • crjasoncrjason Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is now stuck at 79%. 107.8MB/136MB.
  • champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once I manage to connect, I will tell you.

...been stuck there for the last ten minutes though, it may take some time.
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • epsilons232epsilons232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did the patch download server get overloaded? Wouldn't be the first time :(

From http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

startrekonline.com
    Account server online (77ms)
    Controller checker 1 online (76ms)
    Controller checker 2 online (76ms)
    Error check server online (175ms)
    Patch server offline (for 1 min)
    Website online (76ms)
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got the patch done, but now it wont connect properly. Even if I can start the Gameclient, it will just give me an error, because it couldnt connect to the account server.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    was going slow, restarted can't reconnect
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • mobetsmobets Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was downloading patch and then got connection reset and got stuck connecting. Funny, i did log on game 7mins before downtime and also DL patch then so what i am DL now?
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was updating just fine, threw on a episode on netflix to watch... episode over and was still updating, tabbed over to something else for a moment tabbed back and the loader crashed, now the loader will not even open up... "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 5 times." then " Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support. " .. so yea :/ going to give it a few more and try again but you are not alone.
  • ashilon81ashilon81 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah so after today "update" I cant even get the launcher to load anymore. It was stuck on 78% patching for about 30minutes so I cancelled and tried to launch again....now the launcher wont even load. The stupid launcher updater wont connect, even though I've already updated the launcher.....ssdd
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher is definitely having some issues.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See this thread (link)

The STO Community Manager has said they're aware of the issue and are investigating the cause.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • genesisdvsngenesisdvsn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem, tried again.........now all i get is "Contact Technical Support".
    Official Joining Date Feb 2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Took me about 20 minutes just to update the loader, than another 20(ish) to verify the version. Then it finally got to patching..... Until about 930kb in it lost the connection to the server at which it restarted the whole thing and went back to the obscenely long version verification...
  • undermostjasonundermostjason Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my patch keep geting stunk at 81.2 % i try to restart but still does the something :confused:
    Alpha Brigade
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks crypticarmsman, didn't see that thread open.
  • captseanmck1357captseanmck1357 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    waited all this time and they tell me a have to start over.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like I'm stuck at 83%, connection timeout, cannot estabilish connection to server etc.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well I patched just fine but it won't start at the launcher, just sits there at the version with a grayed out engage button
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    connecting... for past 15min and counting
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Latest launcher won't launch.

Good and bad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Slow as molasses. It just now went up to 13% after 5 minutes.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the same ****ing problem! "Unable to connect to patch server."

You really outdid yourselves this time! I dunno, maybe you need to spend some more time on writing that tutorial!? Cuz yeah, that's really important! /sarcasm
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • poiuylkjhg09876poiuylkjhg09876 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a lot of fun today not playing.. on the other hand im not being annoyed by the endless gameplay annihilating bugs and lag. So i broke even right? How do you guys manage to time these outages so perfectly around new lifetime scrip sales and scimi ship releases so that i have to completely lose the motivation i have to talk myself into spending?

I mean i have to work to convince myself that i want to invest in the game get toys have a stipend. Then you guys uncannily pick the same week of a sale or before a release to have complete and long outages and very low dips in overall quality of service. Is this just terrible luck? bad karma? god sending my messages not to buy in?

Well sorry to tell you once again i think i will not be paying for a scrip with the current level of playability and bugs i have to manually tweak to avoid, work i have to do and suffer to play at all with lowered enjoyment.

The scimi... well i am not going to pay much real cash for it either, i think ill just wait and earn it for free.

At least you guys are being consistent with this preventive measure for my spending. Thx for helping with the budget and finding me more time for chores and housework during what would have been gaming time...
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive got the game working on a Vista laptop, but cant get my XP desktop to patch.
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, patcher taking its sweet TRIBBLE time, shouldnt take even me with dsl 25 minutes for a 140 m patch. At this point im sadly getting used to the constant issues/crashes/server not responding.

just immagine what it will be like on the 20th when never winter goes live...the infrastructure thats "not linked" will have issues for sto.
  • diablo337diablo337 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cant even connect to the launcher, this sucks
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As for now its like that NW issue, launcher tries to connect and just closes with "a file was locked that could not be open for writing".
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains! If you are still experiencing an issue with your launcher, please close it and re-launch it. We believe the issue will resolve once you do. Post your results here!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    In case anybody missed it...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • unclereekyunclereeky Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Turned on my computer..clicked on STO desktop shortcut..and got "nothing"...no patch...no
    start up page..no log in page..NOTHING...WHY? It's not 5:18pm est..and I can't get into the game..I still pay to play this game..so I expect professionalism and courtesy..which usually includes an answer or acknowledgement of a problem. Please let us know what is wrong. I took your advice..I've tried to get into the game about 50 times..watched the loader start..then disappear..??????????

Unclereeky
  • raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've already patched today's but after playing on tribble for a few hours I decided to swap over to holodeck.

I click the launcher icon and nothing pop's up yet the program show's active on my windows task bar so I guess the launcher is busted again?

I have closed and restarted the launcher several times and I have rebooted as well but there has been no change in what ever is wrong.

I was able to get the launcher up but I had to open up windows task manager and maximize the window, it wasn't showing up other wise for some reason.