What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The heck is wrong with the Elachi?

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Typical scenario while fighting Elachi on ground:

Me: Hahaha, prepare to die Elachi!

Elachi Beta/Grunt/Scanner: ...TRIBBLE this, I'm out. *strides away*

Me: Wait, where are you going? COME BACK HERE YOU ****!

======

Occasionally one of them always seems to just...walk away, while you're busy with the others. This makes things a tad bit difficult during the Rh'Ihho Station mission/PvE queue, when you're freeing the engineers. In one instance, a Beta wandered halfway across the freakin' map, making our team lose out on rescuing one engineer before the timer runs out, because you have to defeat that entire team of Elachi before you can rescue them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, those kllhe'yikh love to run away from a fight. I had to chase down Betas all over their subspace station.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I am entirely sure that it's some sort of unintended AI behavior, it's actually canon precise.

In "Silent Enemy", the Elachi as they have been named here (what is it with Cryptic and lousy names? Undine... Elachi... well that's another topic), tend to slowly move avay when confronted in attack.

The first two meetings, they simply turned around in the first meeting, fired only a few shots in the second, then boarded Enterprise, and walked away when Archer fired on them, then left the ship.

Then finally, when fired on, they did'n exactly go more aggressive than they already were, and when fired on by overloaded beams, they just simply warped away.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your controller should be preventing them from fleeing with his AoE Immobil.... oh, wait. Wrong Cryptic game. In all seriousness, STO is a bit short on crowd control abilities and this sounds like it's tailor-made for that approach.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be fair to cryptic I love how they react and flank and force me to be a bit more dynamic in fighting - go and play some of the older missions with static enemies, the difference is quite marked and for me I like it, adds to the challenge a bit more

*goes off to shoot an Elachi Technician about to summon a drone behind the team again*
  • arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would you rather get bum-rushed by two Klingon Swordmasters?
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    basically they are Fungi
    so they are not very bright
    Live long and Prosper
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kurgis1 wrote: »
    To be fair to cryptic I love how they react and flank and force me to be a bit more dynamic in fighting - go and play some of the older missions with static enemies, the difference is quite marked and for me I like it, adds to the challenge a bit more

*goes off to shoot an Elachi Technician about to summon a drone behind the team again*
    This, if you don't pay attention they will place those stupid stasis turrets BEHIND you while you fight their friends....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Their shields are quite strong, but they are very weak against melee damage. One or two hits with a sword are in most cases enough. Those face huggers that explode are annoying.
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had to switchup my tactical guy for that mission. I went with close combat kit, sword and a anti-proton pistol. I use the pistol to kill the devices, face huggers and the annoying stasis turrets. The rest I quickly carve up with my sword. For groung duty officers, I use three crit melee security officers and a pair of nurses. I'm usually a range player but I found a sword to br petfect to take down thoae fungi fiends.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    While I am entirely sure that it's some sort of unintended AI behavior, it's actually canon precise.

It's definitely not an accident. AI is fun. ;)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'd rather get bum rushed by 5 Klingon Swordmasters than have to chase down and kill an enemy and then remember where his initial spawn point was to find somebody in the dark I have to interact with that can only be interacted with after said enemy is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oh Myyy!
    10char
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013

To be honest, I enjoyed the Space AI for the Elachi...seeing it as an improvement that could be made across the board to some extent to make the game more fun (imho). With regard to the Ground AI for the Elachi, it generally left me wondering how they managed to board ships to get into Space because they're so...er...derp. /cough

To an extent, Elachi Ground AI feels like the new Sphere AI...Scatter! Elachi Space AI on the other hand...felt intelligent. Kind of like comparing a casual group of players versus what cockroaches do when you turn on the lights...
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's funny :D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed it too.

And it didn't bother me much-if anything it gave me a little breathing room to finish it off later.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you see one run away, target it, hit "Y", and then go back to your original target. Let those weak subordinates do the chasing.
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah they are annoying with there just walking pass you like mindless wanders.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    In "Silent Enemy", the Elachi as they have been named here (what is it with Cryptic and lousy names? Undine... Elachi... well that's another topic), tend to slowly move avay when confronted in attack.

I have to ask How the heck the connection was made? Did I miss a Dev Blog explaining that?Yes I pulled up the episode on netflix and scaned thru it till I saw them lol :rolleyes: and yes I had been acting under the illusion they might have been ori.. bah I'll never admit it or have I already :o
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hate that it's always throw face exploding spiders and toxic gas maker.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Is it. I don't think it is fun when my hanger pets and ship parts, head for the nearest warp core blast.

Any chance for some good AI for them? ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,441 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I hate that it's always throw face exploding spiders and toxic gas maker.
    Can't say I blame it, though - if I could throw face-exploding spiders, I might never touch a disruptor again!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Can't say I blame it, though - if I could throw face-exploding spiders, I might never touch a disruptor again!

The scary face-spiders, I think, is one of the better things about the addition of the Elachi. I haven't seen them much in ground combat, but that, I think, caught me off guard the first time.

I am also extremely amused by this gets-bored-walks away AI bug.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I will be impressed when it can answer any question I give it correctly. xD
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do you expect from a bunch of walking peyote mushrooms man? LSD... It's a heckuva drug.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just ran into these..... man they are annoying. i didnt have any wander away on me but they are stubborn as all hell to kill. the one officer i give a batleth to, my KDF Photonic tactical officer, beats the TRIBBLE out of them, but always activates draw fire first so usually dies after only taking one or two down.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2013

yer AI haz ADD and is easily distracted by shinies!:P
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always assumed it was deliberate because when Archer shoots one in silent enemy with his phase pistol on kill it doesn't scratch the Elachi's shield but they just stroll off and leave Enterprise anyway.

Maybe they figured that Lt Reed would blow the living snot out of them or something and thought better of it lol.