What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kinetic Cutting Beam

2»

Comments

• marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kaeaja wrote: »
    The Aux DHCs cannot be equiped on any other ship because no other ship has Auxiliary Phaser Cannons, this ship in the lore behind it is the only ship that does because its an integrated weapon system built for it. the KCB however is as I have said, something that can be used by any ship but one and that right there is what is wrong. You can equip it to the Vesta but the Vesta wont be making consistant good use of it, not like any other ship in the game. Regardless of what people think the KCB is a general use weapon, if it wasnt ment to be equiped/used on the Vesta, then why is the Vesta one of the ships that can equip it? If its not ment to use it, then it ought to be something the Vesta cant even equip. Fact is, since it can equip it but not make good use of it, then that is in a way a big giant "HAHAHA NOPE" to Vesta pilots.

Every ship can equip it, there for every ship should be able to use it, otherwise it simply is not fair.

Edit: Let me put it this way, I used to hear teachers in school say "Dont eat gum in class unless you have enough to share with everyone" I am going to extend that to say "Dont eat gum in class unless you have enough to share with everyone INCLUDING the guy who can do something you cannot do." in this instance the Vesta is a ship that has the Aux DHCs something no other ship has but other ships still have stuff it doesnt, there for it should not be denied the "Piece of gum" in this case. Because thats all the KCB is really, and by your logic no ship should be able to use it because every ship has something special and unique that sets it apart from another ship.

The way I look at it is, it's the same kind of trade-off you have when it comes to Universal consoles. You can have the special ability the universal consoles grant, but it means NOT having that extra shield strength/hull strength/weapons damage that a regular console would provide. With the Vesta, you can use the Aux cannons, but it means any weapon you apply that uses Weapons power is going to suffer. Also, consider that having Aux set high to get the most out of the Aux cannons means your Science abilities are going to be that much stronger.
  • kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The way I look at it is, it's the same kind of trade-off you have when it comes to Universal consoles. You can have the special ability the universal consoles grant, but it means NOT having that extra shield strength/hull strength/weapons damage that a regular console would provide. With the Vesta, you can use the Aux cannons, but it means any weapon you apply that uses Weapons power is going to suffer. Also, consider that having Aux set high to get the most out of the Aux cannons means your Science abilities are going to be that much stronger.

I suppose your right but then again, how many Science Bridge Officer abilities actually do any meaningful damage? Unless your referring to the player type Science Officer, but still.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suppose your right but then again, how many Science Bridge Officer abilities actually do any meaningful damage? Unless your referring to the player type Science Officer, but still.

If you're selecting science powers specifically to pew pew, you're doing it very wrong.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're selecting science powers specifically to pew pew, you're doing it very wrong.

Someone should tell that to the NPCs that use Tractor Beam Repulsors.

Anyway, those new warp cores should help with this. "Adds 7.5% of your Auxiliary power to your Weapon power as bonus power." After it works properly you won't have much trouble getting 125+ Auxiliar power and 80+ Weapon power.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

NPCs playing by a different set of rules is nothing new.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    your not my teacher

Your is possessive. You gave your teacher your apple.
    You're means "you are". You're not my teacher.

I couldn't resist. :D
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When did I say anything about the player base owing me anything? When did I say that Cryptic owed me anything? Do not assume to know what I am thinking, also do not dare to educate me, your not my teacher and I did not ask you to teach me, I am here to voice my opinion which I have the freaken right to express. Btw, do not speak for other people, you claim to know that many other people see my desire as ridiculous but you honestly do not know, so let other people speak for themselves, let those many people speak their own minds, they dont need you. As I have stated I have the freedom to express my opinion for something, and the way your coming off buddy your just being insulting to me for it by saying my opinion is ridiculous, which is wrong of you. So either talk with more civility or keep your insults to yourself, because there is such a thing as taking a personal opinion to far.

The thing to remember is that thankfully its Cryptic's attention I have to get, they are the ones I have to convince, not you. That is why I continue to post here.

I am pretty sure you asked for his opinions when you posted on a public forum. He, just like you, has a right to express his opinion of your request/question/opinion and berating him for doing exactly what you asked is childish. I saw no insults in his responses, no personal attacks (unlike your responses) and no attempt to be anything other than perfectly clear and civil.

It would seem that you cannot take an honest critical answer to an inquiry so may I humbly and politely suggest that you not ask in future. This would be in everyone's best interests, especially your own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
    edited April 2013

Gravity Well is pretty decent.
    calamintha wrote: »

Anyway, those new warp cores should help with this. "Adds 7.5% of your Auxiliary power to your Weapon power as bonus power." After it works properly you won't have much trouble getting 125+ Auxiliar power and 80+ Weapon power.

What new Warp Cores?
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What new Warp Cores?
    They're on Tribble, apparently. Each rarity has its own set of mods; uncommon offers stat increases to stats like driver coil or starship engine performance; rare offers some sort of vague "synergy," with an example of a mod which increases weapons power by some percentage of your current auxiliary power; offhand I forget what very rare provided, though I think it was some sort of re-usable battery, but clearly less potent than consumable batteries.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty sure you asked for his opinions when you posted on a public forum. He, just like you, has a right to express his opinion of your request/question/opinion and berating him for doing exactly what you asked is childish. I saw no insults in his responses, no personal attacks (unlike your responses) and no attempt to be anything other than perfectly clear and civil.

It would seem that you cannot take an honest critical answer to an inquiry so may I humbly and politely suggest that you not ask in future. This would be in everyone's best interests, especially your own.

I can take an honest and or critical answer from someone, I have done so in the past, however people have done so without having to tell me that my desires are ridiculous. If he/she had not said it like that, I wouldnt have berated him/her. Even if I dont agree with the desires or opinions of someone else, I do not tell them their ideas are ridiculous.

Im sure we are all familiar with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question". At the very least even if a question/desire was stupid, its rude to call the person out on it by telling them its stupid, or ridiculous or other demeaning word. You can disagree in a polite way, then there is disagreeing in a rude way, and calling someone's desire/question a stupid one, is the rude way of disagreeing.
    edited April 2013
    They're on Tribble, apparently. Each rarity has its own set of mods; uncommon offers stat increases to stats like driver coil or starship engine performance; rare offers some sort of vague "synergy," with an example of a mod which increases weapons power by some percentage of your current auxiliary power; offhand I forget what very rare provided, though I think it was some sort of re-usable battery, but clearly less potent than consumable batteries.

Huh, ill have to give that a look, thank you.
  • hordequesthordequest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can disagree in a polite way, then there is disagreeing in a rude way, and calling someone's desire/question a stupid one, is the rude way of disagreeing.
    Unless it actually is stupid. Then, you're just being honest.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any Sci ship or Carrier is Aux reliant unless they don't want to use Sci abilities effectively and don't mind having longer than normal cooldowns on hangars. Saying the Vesta is more Aux reliant than any other ship in the game just because it has some extra consoles and a special weapon is rather silly when most people who run a Sci ship run Aux and wouldn't get any more use out of a KCB than you would.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a 360 capable, high DPS weapon. Basically, on a cruiser, you yank one set of rear arrays, stick it up your TRIBBLE, and you now have a substantial addition to forward firepower with no loss at all to your rear arc. Easy.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I used to use cutting beam on my Fed mainly just to get the 2 piece omega amplifier bonus. It doesn't seem so useful anymore since Feds got leech so I don't bother using it on my Fed and never used it on KDF before. The amplifier is pretty streaky and sometimes procs multiple times so the extra procs are somewhat wasted, and sometimes it goes for awhile without proccing like durring an entire attack pattern alpha.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This might be a stupid question, but what is the recharge on the KCB? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool: