test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[LOCATION ADDED!] Community STO Meet-up in Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited July 2013 in Ten Forward
[LOCATION ADDED! INFO BELOW!]

Hi all!

Please reply here if you are going to be able to be able to make it to the Edinburgh meet-up on Saturday, June 29th. Let's plan for this to happen at 6PM local time. Feel free to come later and leave when you'd like -- I will probably stick around until 10PM or so :)

Also, please reply with any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Hope to see you there!

Reminder! Everyone will need to pay for their own expenses.

This just in... the location!

We're going to be meeting at The Omni Centre, next to the Giraffe statues (looks like this).

We'll meet-up there at 6pm sharp and then wait for anyone who is running a bit behind and then head to a place we all decide on. Anyone who doesn't make it at the start time can check this thread/ my Twitter (link below) to get updates on where we are.

Time: 6PM local time (sharp, please :))

Address:
The Omni Centre
Greenside Place,
Edinburgh EH1 3AA
Scotland, UK
http://www.omniedinburgh.co.uk/

Directions: Info here: http://www.omniedinburgh.co.uk/findus.html#.UcqzrJwkJ8E

PM me on the forums if you have any questions before the event begins. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am sure I could meet you all in Edinburgh. I live in Dundee, which isn't that far by train. Maybe an hour or so to get there.

Would we all exchange numbers to keep in touch between now-then?
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm coming :-0)
  • Options
    cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will most certainly be there! :)

Now to look up the train times :P .. Or drive.. hmm.. Decisions Decisions...

As for location suggestions, somewhere along/around Princes St. It's right next to Waverley Station, plenty of food and lovely views of the castle.
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If I can overcome my nerd-hood agoraphobia, I'll be there! :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    gramogramo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Super sweet count me in
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm up for this :)
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    qaplahtrekkiestqaplahtrekkiest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup. Count me in for this!
  • Options
    dash90sdash90s Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sounds great! So glad something Trek is finally happening here :)
  • Options
    draco5734draco5734 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to use this as a go to but am hoping you will read this BRANFLAKES

Now i know this is not your fault and sorry for my rant but after week of receiving poor service really can you expect me to stay cool with all the nice emails iv previous sent

because clearly finding someone on the STAR TREK TEAM team who actually speaks English is a rarity, clearly my handlers who have replied to me over the last month is a 5 year old ****** who even doh its takes weeks to reply to a email even then still sends me a random automated email about **** that's not even related to my problem, so after weeks of waiting around am no further ahead in solving my issue

now my problem 5 characters which have become unplayable and are stuck in Qo'nos and cannot exit one of the rooms, from when i made them, now can i get them removed in sector or something so i may actually play them thats all i ask unstuck them please

i think its poor that the guys on your end are not even reading our problems in the emails and tickets we send but instead send a automated which has no solution to the problem,

now its no EXCUSE if your receiving a high amount of tickets or emails with problems because it is YOUR TEAMS JOB, if they cant do it then clearly they should not have that position
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    where would you be driving from as id be coming from the south driving if it was on route i could pick you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OoO, living a bit norther atm (Pitlochry : past Perth) but Edinburgh wouldnt be that huge a trek

Maybe we can make a temporay ingame chat channel for now? would be nice to see numbers etc

ofc like others have pointed out themselves : if i come im gonna whine about two of my broken characters :P ('support' just close my tickets as solved every few days)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guys and Girls, i will be driving up from Yorkshire so am offering that if any of you cant make it due to travelling then ill offer a lift to anyone,

i will pick you up and drop you off the same night if you wish maybe even next day depending if it ends up a full night out

and bran can you confirm where we are going to be meeting, for us southerners who don't know the area

well if any of you do please reply on here or pm me in game,
    also my number if anyone wants to arrange meeting up there before we head up there so we ain't walking round like loose chickens asking everyone we meet are you here for sto lol

@steve5734
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Edinburgh? Not a chance. Much too far for me! Cardiff would be ideal for me, although something more central like Birmingham would be a reachable compromise.

Btw, Draco? Putting your mobile number on the forums might not be the best idea ;)

Dakka dakka!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    dfawkesdfawkes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things tend to come up at short notice for me, but I would really like to attend that week if I'm free. Would be great to meet up with some of the fine people of the UK that enjoy STO :)

Just an hour on the bus for me (assuming it's somewhere sort of central), plus I never say no to being closer to Burger King. I love BK.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    I want to come!
    Only been through Edinburgh (Golden Jubilee) once, but it was lovely.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sadly a combination of work and distance are going to prevent me attending. Good fun to all though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hey i understand why you removed my mobile number, that's cool but at least i was making a effort for comms with people because at the moment your leaving things at pretty short notice

nothing has even been set to where we are going to meet, or even where we are going for food yet, give us info so we can start making pans please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Edinburgh? Not a chance. Much too far for me! Cardiff would be ideal for me, although something more central like Birmingham would be a reachable compromise.

Btw, Draco? Putting your mobile number on the forums might not be the best idea ;)

Dakka dakka!

you do realize their is a London one as well this weekend

and iv offered if anyone on the way i will happily pick up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    draco5734 wrote: »
    Guys and Girls, i will be driving up from Yorkshire so am offering that if any of you cant make it due to travelling then ill offer a lift to anyone,

i will pick you up and drop you off the same night if you wish maybe even next day depending if it ends up a full night out

and bran can you confirm where we are going to be meeting, for us southerners who don't know the area

well if any of you do please reply on here or pm me in game,
    also my number if anyone wants to arrange meeting up there before we head up there so we ain't walking round like loose chickens asking everyone we meet are you here for sto lol

@steve5734

I sent a friend request on your profile at PWE :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I want to come!
    Only been through Edinburgh (Golden Jubilee) once, but it was lovely.

We could all meet at the Golden Jubilee or Burger King;)
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all!

Please reply here if you are going to be able to be able to make it to the Edinburgh meet-up on Saturday, June 29th. Let's plan for this to happen at 6PM local time. Feel free to come later and leave when you'd like -- I will probably stick around until 10PM or so :)

NOTE: A meet-up location has not yet been decided on. Please check back to this thread the day before the event for the finalized meeting location.

Also, please reply with any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Hope to see you there!

Reminder! Everyone will need to pay for their own expenses.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Man, I just spent a month in Scotland, England, and France. I highly recommend the Hard Rock Cafe in Edinburgh, It is about a 3 to 5 minutes walk away from princess street. Too bad I wasn't staying in Europe any longer otherwise I would have come to one of the "meet ups." Also if you are looking for a nice tourist place to go and visit you can hike up the hill to Edinburgh castle they have an artillery cannon that fires at 1:00pm everyday and that is a sight to see and it makes a nice boom; otherwise enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all!

I will be attending on Saturday and am quiet excited to meet all the other trekies :D

This should be fun and exciting, hope to see you all there :D
  • Options
    llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I live in the South West of England so its way out of my realistic geographical range for such an event! I hope everybody has a good time who attends. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I sent a friend request on your profile at PWE :P

iv accepted, and sent you a email there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a2flyera2flyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm planning on coming to this and am travel up from the midlands so hopefully google maps will get me to where you'll be
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    a2flyer wrote: »
    I'm planning on coming to this and am travel up from the midlands so hopefully google maps will get me to where you'll be

hello mate, if you are planning on going,
    were in the midlands? because i live in north Yorkshire right next to the A1 and was thinking why don't we do a dual trip, if you drove past me on the A1 and left your car here,
    i could drive to the meet then coming back ill drive you to by mine and you drive home that way we are:
    splitting up the driving between us
    and saves taking both cars when were going the same place,

by all means you don't have to, its just a thought

steve

oh charliescott25 did you get my reply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    draco5734 wrote: »
    hello mate, if you are planning on going,
    were in the midlands? because i live in north Yorkshire right next to the A1 and was thinking why don't we do a dual trip, if you drove past me on the A1 and left your car here,
    i could drive to the meet then coming back ill drive you to by mine and you drive home that way we are:
    splitting up the driving between us
    and saves taking both cars when were going the same place,

by all means you don't have to, its just a thought

steve

oh charliescott25 did you get my reply

There is logic in that. Edinburgh has very little parking options, all of which cost an arm and a leg. Without knowing where the meet up is going to happen, it's difficult to plan ahead for that. I live just outside Edinburgh and plan to probably get the train in for that reason.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to have the finalized meeting location to you all tomorrow :)

Based on what I learned from the past 2 events, what we're going to do is meet-up somewhere that has many options for food/drinks around us -- we'll meet-up there at 6pm sharp and then wait for anyone who is running a bit behind and then head to a place we all decide on. Anyone who doesn't make it at the start time can check this thread/ my Twitter (link below) to get updates on where we are.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to have the finalized meeting location to you all tomorrow :)

Based on what I learned from the past 2 events, what we're going to do is meet-up somewhere that has many options for food/drinks around us -- we'll meet-up there at 6pm sharp and then wait for anyone who is running a bit behind and then head to a place we all decide on. Anyone who doesn't make it at the start time can check this thread/ my Twitter (link below) to get updates on where we are.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sounds good, thanks for the update! :)
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have created a Google Event for this through Subspace Agenda (also on G+), and will include more information (other than in Edinburgh on June 29) when it becomes available. I'll also post this to the G+ Star Trek Online Community so any members of that community can also see it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile