test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe slightly broken "inventory full"

dkstarfiredkstarfire Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just coming from the Tour event. Seems the mission is somewhat bugged.

I picked the quest up at the beginning of the event, flew my first round, it completed normally and I turned it in. Picked it up again for round 2.

At the end of round 2 however the quest didn't complete and instead gave me the message "inventory full".
This message was repeated whenever I came out of a loading screen. Due to not being fully complete, I was unable to turn the mission in.

Someone hinted I should fly another round with the broken quest to fix it. I did, but it didnt fix the quest. It still kept giving me the "inventory full" message after every loading screen.

So when I came back to earth space dock I dropped the quest and picked it up new - thus the "inventory full" message was gone.
I flew my next round, only to have the quest lock up again when it was supposed to complete itself upon finishing the round. And bamm, back came the "inventory full" message.

Dropped the mission again.

So, to sum this up:

- "Tour the Galaxy" runs and completes normally on the first round.
- Upon taking it up a second time during the event, it still grants you the rewards for visiting the various areas on the map, but locks up uncompleted when it is supposed to be finished at the end of your round.
It starts causing a "inventory full" message after every loading screen, even if your inventory is by far not full.
- Dropping the mission resolves the issue with the false "inventory full" message.

While I realize that this is not a game breaker - and it has a workaround, as you can see - it is still annoying. And quite confusing when you dont know what's happening.
Post edited by dkstarfire on

Comments

• Options
    trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you know if the Transwarp cooldown is working? I read in one of the patch notes for LoR, that completing the tour of the Universe would get you a Transwarp cooldown, but I didn't notice a different after completing it.

Anyone have any insights on this one? Thanks!
  • Options
    tarkil42#1357 tarkil42 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem, except it won't even turn in on the first round.
  • Options
    torlacitorlaci Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One time it let me turn it in and then on the 2nd round gave me "inventory is full". Another time it wouldn't even let me turn in the first round.

edit: Oh, I see you can drop mission and begin it again. Still slightly broken, though.
    1b1782841d524936756ebe52c1900b00.jpg
  • Options
    borggestborggest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkstarfire wrote: »
    J
    I picked the quest up at the beginning of the event, flew my first round, it completed normally and I turned it in. Picked it up again for round 2.

Dropped the mission again.

Same problem, having to drop the mission, no bonus.
  • Options
    dardnokdardnok Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think they messed up when they changed the name from tour the universe to tour the galaxy even though in events calendar it still says Universe so maybe thats the problem
  • Options
    dkstarfiredkstarfire Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm now as well that even the first round of the day will not complete and the mission has to be dropped in order to be able to pick it up again.

Once again, it is fortunate that we get the rewards during the course of the mission, but still.... CRYPTIC! Would someone please at least acknowledge this bug, even if it is a rather minor one - considering the working but annoying workaround us PLAYERS came once more up with?
  • Options
    hazanko4077hazanko4077 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm also having this problem!
  • Options
    ghostwalker0ghostwalker0 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had this problem ever since the legacy roll out. :(

but this is the first time I've seen anything on it on the forums.
    It always won't finish for me, thought it was linked to the daily event with the borg not finishing, but they fixed that and this still won't complete. I have to run it drop it and go out again as many times as I can get to try and get anything form it now.

(on side note also. As of 9:29pm EDT I cant get past the login in to server screen.. cont login to play :( )
  • Options
    kamblekamble Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah same here can't even complete 1st run.. been having this problem since LoR came out :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2013
    I've had this problem ever since the legacy roll out. :(

but this is the first time I've seen anything on it on the forums.
    It always won't finish for me, thought it was linked to the daily event with the borg not finishing, but they fixed that and this still won't complete. I have to run it drop it and go out again as many times as I can get to try and get anything form it now.

(on side note also. As of 9:29pm EDT I cant get past the login in to server screen.. cont login to play :( )

I have been ranting about it almost since LOR released. Check my other posts, no indication Cryptic intends to resolve or fix, just our 'drop' workaround. bad implementation if you ask me.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2013
    I have been ranting about it almost since LOR released. Check my other posts, no indication Cryptic intends to resolve or fix, just our 'drop' workaround. bad implementation if you ask me.

see

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=66834721&pp=25&page=3 :mad: