test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Efficient Saurian Boff to trade.

garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
Hey everyone I have just acquired a blue quality Saurian science Boff with Efficient Space trait and I would like to trade it, ideally for dilithium or Zen rather than energy credits, as being a free player my EC is capped. I know I could easily get a lot of EC for this, so make me some offers.
Post edited by garhdo on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basically you want someone to pay you real money (the only way the two things you ask for can be "given" to you) to give you a BO-type that is no longer interesting?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you are about a year or 2 too late with that offer. my efficent boffs rot in the mailing system limbo...
    Go pro or go home
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll give you 2 zen.
  • garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "So basically you want someone to pay you real money (the only way the two things you ask for can be "given" to you) to give you a BO-type that is no longer interesting?"

And I'm supposed to know this how? You could have been more polite in this.

Never mind.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    garhdo wrote: »
    I know I could easily get a lot of EC for this

No you wouldn't. The new hotness is Romulans with the Superior Romulan Operative trait. Efficient Saurians are hilariously depreciating in value - I bought one for about 400k ec a week ago, expecting it to be around a mil.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My suggestion would be to grind some dilithium and turn it into Zen on the dilithium exchange.
    Then, when you have enough Zen, purchase the EC cap increase... it is TOTALLY worth it if you can't sub for a month and get it free on all characters on an account.
    Then, when you have an EC cap of almost unreachable loveliness, post your BOFF and reap the EC rewards.

The above takes less time than you think...:)
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My suggestion would be to grind some dilithium and turn it into Zen on the dilithium exchange.
    Then, when you have enough Zen, purchase the EC cap increase... it is TOTALLY worth it if you can't sub for a month and get it free on all characters on an account.
    Then, when you have an EC cap of almost unreachable loveliness, post your BOFF and reap the EC rewards.

The above takes less time than you think...:)

Thank you for being the first person to provide me with actual gameplay advice instead of mocking my outdated information. :D
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea I have loads of them floating around cba to sell them at the prices they're at. Supply out strips demand atm. Your a little late in the game.

In the end most elite players have there borg, human/klingon, rom, saurian/Lethean mix of bridge crew set pretty quickly, only a few will be picked up as newer players realise the worth and even then with constant farming of boffs like i do, i generally send my own stocks to my new alts rather than go buy one off the market. Sorry to disapoint.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for being the first person to provide me with actual gameplay advice instead of mocking my outdated information. :D

No worries, we all need a little help and advice from time to time. I've been burned by the EC limit before but no longer...

BOFFs to look out for are Humans (with Leadership, obviously) but I believe they don't stack since mid-season7 so you only really need 1 on your crew and almost every Fed will be selling them so prices will be low. Obviously a Saurian is useful if it has Efficient (I have one crew with 2 and they do for me). Romulans' new traits are pretty cool, as are those you can get from Borg officers but these are likely to be expensive to buy so your EC limit would get in the way there too.
    Prices are actually a little higher for BOFFs compared to about a month ago (In my experience, yours and others may vary), with most of my boring blues not selling for a pittance then suddenly being snapped up for 1000EC, 5000EC, 10,000EC and up to 20,000EC in a few cases (good skills). Greens are dirt cheap but Whites are used for some fleet projects so go for way more than they are truly worth as a BOFF and not a commodity. Purples are trickier, some go for blue prices and others can be worth a million.
    Get stuck in game, or want in-game advice without flaming, PM me @drowrulesupreme.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "So basically you want someone to pay you real money (the only way the two things you ask for can be "given" to you) to give you a BO-type that is no longer interesting?"

And I'm supposed to know this how? You could have been more polite in this.

Never mind.

I was quite polite... I could have reported you to a Mod or PWE, since that request was against the ToS.

About "how to know"... Since it's easily accessable info, I assumed you knew.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    I was quite polite... I could have reported you to a Mod or PWE, since that request was against the ToS.

About "how to know"... Since it's easily accessable info, I assumed you knew.

You consider yourself polite because you didn't report him? You sound more like a narc to me little man. Maybe you shouldn't go assuming what people know and what they don't know. Take a chill pill and stop being mean to the new people.