test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You Go FED or KDF as Romulan?

f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Just a curious question for the players out there who are fielding Romulan characters.

Hoping to see if the results are balanced or lean more towards one faction of the other.

When you chose to ally with one faction or the other ... Did you choose to go Klingon side or Federation side?

For me ... I have one on both sides.
Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
" We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BAH ... put this in the wrong catagory ... Meant to post it in "Romulan Gameplay."

Can a moderator move it over for me? :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I intended to go KDF, but went FED at the last minute because I thought they had better science options, which seems like what the Romulans would excel at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    voniakvoniak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a FED primary since launch (now flying Mobius timeship), so I decided I will align my Romulan alt with KDF. I have not played KDF before so I'm quite enjoying the change of pace. It seems a little awkward though, but well... I guess a rommie needs to prove himself to his new Qo'Nos masters lol
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2-Fed 1-Kdf
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    I've done one Fed ally at this point, and was thinking klingon for the second. Given the state of the Klingon fleets ive been in contact with, the second toon will likely go Fed as well.
  • Options
    cmdrdejocmdrdejo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought about it some, I went KDF thinking how the Federation tends to absorb and homogenize everything and everyone in the canon. I got to rationalizing that the last thing I would want as a Romulan is to lose my independence and free will after coming off a mulch-generational police state/empire. If I can keep the Klingons at arms length and not lose any fights too badly, I should be able to at least keep my ability to decide my own future.

At least that is how I came to see it.
    Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All 3 of my romulans will go fed due to my main being fed. I have 7 fed(ignoring roms), 5 klingons(one is new whose played through new klingon content)otherwise.

My feds fleet is the one I work hard for thats why they'll all go fed mainly, my klingons are un-fleeted and although i do enjoy playing them(farming me contraband mostly) I've never made a fleet for them yet at least.

Also Roms just feel a bit wrong siding with Klingons, even after the story parts which i won't ruin try and make bridges between the empire and roms.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went KDF... one word... Disruptors
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have gone KDF, but at the last second I went Fed due to it being easier to get access to the tier V fleet ships on the fed side as opposed to KDF. Thank you First Aquarius XD.

However, if that weren't part of the equation, I would have gone KDF in a heartbeat. For this simple reason. Marauding DOff missions. Great way to get Commodities, contraband, and prisoners.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Both, with my Romulan being Fed, my Reman being KDF.

See, my Romulan is a secret spy for my own little offshoot of the Tal Shiar. She is going to corrupt the Federation from the inside, filling it with bloodlust, greed, and romulan ale. Then, my Reman, whos also in the same group, is going to corrupt the KDF with flowers, butterflies, and my little pony. Then, when both factions are filled to the brim with this stuff, both my toons are going to take control of the government, and unite them both, and have a super power. Then, cause people will see how awesome my toons are, the Tal Shiar, Sela, and D'Tan will bow to me and give me all their power. And I'll have a super mega faction under my control. Obey me!

. . .

Ahem. It's my theory, at least.

My guess is that, for the moment, more players will ally with the Feds, since they do have more toys to play with over the KDF, at least for the moment.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fed, so I could play with my friend. Would have anyway, though.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since its really about blue team and red team, I tried to fill the weaknesses in each side. KDF already has cloaking tact captains, so my Rommie Tac aligned with Fed to get cloaking tact on both teams. Fed has lots of Sci ships, so my Rommie Sci aligned with KDF to balance that out. One big homogonized game now.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    KDF. i just don't like FED's.
  • Options
    roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "I've never trusted Klingons...and i never will." I chose the Federation because, as Captain Sisko said, "I will want to be on the side of peace when this whole thing is over." KDF just won't do that. they will help to build New Romulus, only to launch and all-out attack when they feel the Romulans' work is done. And when that happens it would plunge the entire quadrant back into war...and then any one species can come in and just wipe out them all.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have gone KDF, but at the last second I went Fed due to it being easier to get access to the tier V fleet ships on the fed side as opposed to KDF. Thank you First Aquarius XD.

However, if that weren't part of the equation, I would have gone KDF in a heartbeat. For this simple reason. Marauding DOff missions. Great way to get Commodities, contraband, and prisoners.

Everything I wanted to say right here. I would love to have another character out there running Marauding missions for the contraband, but I wonder if we'll ever get that KDF starbase to Tier 5.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    NOW HEAR THIS... NOW HEAR THIS ...

Quad Disruptors

THAT IS ALL

(amd why I went KDF as opposed to fed)
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I originally planned to go with KDF, but I'm kinda conflicted. Personally I like Rom-Fed uniforms better than the Rom-KDF ones. I've been hesitant to really play a Romulan.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I originally planned to go with KDF, but I'm kinda conflicted. Personally I like Rom-Fed uniforms better than the Rom-KDF ones. I've been hesitant to really play a Romulan.

Don't hesitate, just do it. It's the most fun I've had in a very VERY long time. PLAY YOUR GREEN BLOODED POINTY EARED HOBGOBLIN!!!!
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went KDF as I already have a Fed main :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    KDF, my main is KDF and in a fleet that is building a starbase, and I've been seeing more kdf activity since LOR, so that's a great thing, now that the factions are pretty much sorted PVE wise and have plenty to do I hope the KDF gains parity population wise.

Sure it's a bit more of a search to find the right fleet and get organized, but the tradeoff is a dedicated community that sticks together and appreciates each new member.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • Options
    voodookobravoodookobra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i went KDF since my main was KDF but maybe my next rommie will go fed
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fed or KDF aligned? I've done both.

My Romulan TAC went KDF. My ENG went Fed.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    KDF. i just don't like FED's.

Yeah me too. All of my Romulan-Reman characters went KDF. I've always preferred KDF to Fed. Don't really know why but after a few hours on the blue side I get bored and then come back to the red side.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Yeah me too. All of my Romulan-Reman characters went KDF. I've always preferred KDF to Fed. Don't really know why but after a few hours on the blue side I get bored and then come back to the red side.

It took me years to answer that question for myself.
    Ever since I started playing "Birth of the Federation" some 14 years ago I wondered why I preferred every other faction (except perhaps the Ferengi) over the Feds.
    In the end I realized it's their incredible blandness that makes them so unappealing to me.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't hesitate, just do it. It's the most fun I've had in a very VERY long time. PLAY YOUR GREEN BLOODED POINTY EARED HOBGOBLIN!!!!

I don't know, I'm really complicated when it comes to making my characters...in any MMO.
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i whent KDF talk about a mistake since kdf is so underpopulated oh shure they would say there is alot of kdf shure there is but most the kdf toons are inactive since most players prefer to play on there fed toons honestly it's a pain to even quo up for an event cause of the low population but if you choose fed no problems but i like my kdf romulan and i been putting alot of work into it i hope to see some balancing in the future but i wont get my hopes up to high
  • Options
    txterminatortxterminator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went to KDF, because I've got unlocked quad disruptors, jump console and many other kdf C store stuff, feds seem to boring and peaceful to me, never seem to interest me to much, plus the design of their ships is awful, Defiant is exception, plus Klingons can be easily manipulated by Romulans, simply because they are much more clever and in most cases smarter then Klingons. :D
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Romulan went Fed. I thought about going Klingon, but I never really finished normally with a red side character, so I just went Fed. (What can I say? I'm too busy overpowering my Fed engineer.)
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got the mission to choose. I'm leaning Fed. Since the Feds are more likely to work with them better. Since the Dominion War the KDF still didn't want to get along with them. And was fighting them during the meetings.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
This discussion has been closed.