test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Exchange sale expired" mail cannot be deleted *Resolved!*

planetzombieplanetzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After the patch today I can delete most emails, but there are still some Exchange sale expired messages that cannot be deleted from the mail terminal or the character mail icon.

It seems to be limited to the Exchange sale expired emails only.
Post edited by planetzombie on

Comments

• Options
    planetzombieplanetzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After further testing, I have noticed that I can close the mail terminal window, open it and then delete one or two more emails. Then it stops working again. Closing the window and opening it again allows it to work again for a few messages.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are all way's able to use the support page. on the forums, and they will help you sort it out. but if that does not help you can ring the support team.

Hope this helped..
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I confirm this bug. Some mails have the sender like Exchange@Exchange or Exchange@? or other handles.

After i beam on New Romulus, the mailbox is empty, but the icon is still report, that i have a new message.

EDIT: After changing my charakter. That mails appears again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    true, "exchange sale expired" mail can't be deleted
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It took me a while until i finally could delete all of those "exchange expired mails" sometimes when i changed between characters those mails appeared again.
    I had to delete those mails in all my characters until finally those mails stopping reapearing

However my mail icon is still blinking even if my inbox is empty :confused:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the report, Captains. We are working on a resolution for this and hope to have a fix out in a future patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so todays patch was a lie
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had no problem on tribble yesterday
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thought i'd chime in too...Same problems here....so close Cryptic..so close! hehe
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I have this problem too. Can take attachment, but can't delete it.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so todays patch was a lie

And people wonder why I have zero faith anymore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    gunnyhwygunnyhwy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have not had the issue some are talking about but now I can't get items out of my emails. I can click "take items" but nothing happens. Have also noticed that can not send items either.
  • Options
    smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a slightly weird version of this - every 'exchange sale expired' message was duplicated, one with the item attached, one without. I could take the item and delete that message, but not the duplicate. However, when I closed the mailbox and reopened it, they'd deleted themselves.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smidgy wrote: »
    I got a slightly weird version of this - every 'exchange sale expired' message was duplicated, one with the item attached, one without. I could take the item and delete that message, but not the duplicate. However, when I closed the mailbox and reopened it, they'd deleted themselves.

Yes, duplicate messages are being sent. There are other problems as well.

1. For each item returned, the Exchange sends two messages with the same timestamp. Only one of the messages contains the actual item.

2. The message containing the item can be deleted normally. The UI does not refresh when you delete the duplicate message not containing the item. This makes it appear as if the message were not deleted. But if you open your mail again later, you will see that the duplicate messages were deleted.

3. In some messages from the Exchange, the sender field contains characters that show as question marks. My guess is that these characters are Unicode or some other non-ASCII character set.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also finding that some return mails, when I view them but don't take the item (my inventory is full, but want to make the icon stop blinking), when i look back later, the attachment seems to be gone. This has gone from bad to worse.
  • Options
    lunadragolunadrago Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can also say that I still can't delete all my mail, especially exchange sale expired messages, I also noticed that a few "returned items" weren't actually returned.
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get mail from my fleet, from exchange trades, from exchange expiring and other players. Since the expansion I have been accruing these mail.

I can only delete one mail item at a time. I have to delete a mail, close the screen, select the mail option from the NPC again, choose the mail I want removed and press delete, only do the routine over and over for Each. Individual. Mail. I. Have.

The patch note said this was fixed. If this is fixed, I want you to drive to work tomorrow one foot at a time, after getting out your car and locking it up after each foot traversed and see how annoyed you get.

Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    jozaniajozania Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My mail is working as normal now after yesterday's patch.

I actually stopped playing until the mail issue was resolved. I did not want to accumulate drops and not put them on the exchange for fear of accumulating more and more mail from the exchange.

I can play normally again and I am greatly relieved. :)
  • Options
    nps2nps2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well my mail was working fine for deleting, taking attachments, and sending mails with and without attachments but suddenly it stopped working correctly. I was trying to send a mail ( without any attachments ) but it never sends it. When I hit the send button it just resets the the "to" field to handle@handle and resets the "message field" to blank. I tried sending a mail with an attachment but I get the same results. Also I tried sending a mail to several of my other characters on this account both with and without attachments but nothing shows up. I did get a mail from the exchange during all this stating that 1 of my items had sold but I never received the credits from the sale either. BTW- the character I was on when this happened only had around 20k in EC so it's not an issue of hitting the cap.
  • Options
    xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was this resolved?
    Still got mails which are send from "Exchnage(Holodeck)" which i can't delete.
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mail still being duplicated when it is exchange returns, second one with the item and that one can be deleted/item gotten. First one of the pair untouchable until you close mail and change maps or switch characters. Mild annoyance but no biggie.

But, ALL mail from pre-LoR is GONE.

"Oh look...there's a fly on the window."
    ::throws a Cryptic photon hand grenade at it::
    *BOOM*
    ::fly buzzes away from the wreckage::
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I want is 50% cheaper account bank and 50% more account back space.

Silver player
This discussion has been closed.