test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mailbox Bug

philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey guys,

Anyone know how to solve this?

I posted some items from one account to another, as my account bank was full, but the mail went missing. I assumed I'd screwed up and entered my handle wrong. But about 10 minutes later, I started getting the new mail signal - my mailbox is now continually flashing, despite not having any new mail.

I know that getting mail on another character can cause this, but I have checked the four characters I have on my account, and there is no unread mail on any of them, but I still hve the new mail notification.

Does anyone know how to purge this - I'm not fussed about the items, it's the mail notification being wrong that's the irritation.

Thanks
Post edited by philhodgson on

Comments

• dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far the best work around players have found to the mail issue is that we can login to Champions Online (2.5gb game with ~10gb patch) and delete mail from there.. if you get rid of the "Exchange: Item successfully sold." mail first and come back to STO, you may be able to get the mail to show up. If it really isn't an issue to you though you can empty out the whole box. It's a terrible workaround tbh, but until this claimed massive Bug-Squishing Patch.. it's the only option.
  • philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dlsilence wrote: »
    So far the best work around players have found to the mail issue is that we can login to Champions Online (2.5gb game with ~10gb patch) and delete mail from there.. if you get rid of the "Exchange: Item successfully sold." mail first and come back to STO, you may be able to get the mail to show up. If it really isn't an issue to you though you can empty out the whole box. It's a terrible workaround tbh, but until this claimed massive Bug-Squishing Patch.. it's the only option.

As long as it's a bug that others are having, that'll be patched soon, I think I'll wait. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my account that was the problem.

Thanks for the info...
  • cyberpapacyberpapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a similar issue; and I believe I have several mail from exchange items that sold from before the transfer to LoR. I don't understand the 'Champions' solution as I don't use/play it. Could someone be more specific.

At least from the more than half dozen mail that I can't delete, they're marking as read, so I can tell which one's I've tried to delete. New items in the mail box, so far, seemed to have been deleted; but, these old artifacts just won't go. I'd be happy if they'd just do a mass purge of all mail before the transfer to LoR; but, I'm sure that would cause other issues. Heck, I think I even lost the items returned to me from the exchange....
    I don't even care about that anymore; I'd just like to be able to believe my mail indicator.

You've got mail! NOT. The truely irritating thing is that it notifies you every time you change maps... :rolleyes:
    FED Vice Admiral Gervnd USS Singularity
    KDF Commander Inuni IKS Ornovus
    ROM Centurion Aer RRW Scientology :cool:
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll admit, I have a lot of stuff (doffs & boffs) stored in the mail cause Cryptic doesn't give you enough space. But with this freaking mail bug my large quantity of mails now only represent 20% of the mail I have in the box. The rest are 'auction sold' messages!
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.