• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... still no fix
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,
    The team is working on a resolution to this bug...
    Please, please, can the fix include some way to delete multiple messages en masse?

Something like the old forum allowed us to do: access mail and delete several at a time with checkboxes would be a huge improvement.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Please, please, can the fix include some way to delete multiple messages en masse?

Something like the old forum allowed us to do: access mail and delete several at a time with checkboxes would be a huge improvement.

I would like button for deleting all messages from exchange, that have not any items(not sold messages).
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had this bug since LoR came out...My EXCHANGE mail (item sold on exchange to...? AND (this item is being returned to you...) will not delete. I have 7 characters. I use them ALL for sales of my extra items, prototype consoles, batteries, DUTY OFFICERS, etc. I run three fleets, and cannot handle the email overflow now because the exchange TRIBBLE is overflowing my mailbox!

Cryptic, you started this mess. WHy the HELL are duplicate emailos being sent for an exchange item being returned, and I can only claim the item and delete one of the TWO mails you send me? I even hit IGNORE from exchange option, but that has done NOTHING. I actually prefer NOT to ignore, because I like to know what I am selling and all. But duplicates cannot be deleted, saying that the mail sender (exchange I would think but it says undefined) doesn;t exist. WTF

This needs to be addressed. I have over 75 emails from the exchange now that cannot be deleted no matter what character I am logged in as. You have made this impossible to scroll through and address older emails I was waiting to discuss with my command fleet, because of the inaccessability
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have one more thing to add...I also cannot file a report about having an issue with this. I have tried, create new topic, etc. It will not SEND. So you mess up the EASIEST reature in the game, while disabling the help function as well to have ti fixed?
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am honestly agog at how in the world this bug started in the first place and why it is still here. Deleting ingame mail should not be that hard to fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We had this same mail issue after a previous Season launch. And like then it took them over 2 weeks to fix it. Why!? Did Cryptic lose the notes on how they fixed it the last time? :mad:
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We had this same mail issue after a previous Season launch. And like then it took them over 2 weeks to fix it. Why!? Did Cryptic lose the notes on how they fixed it the last time? :mad:

Cryptic is gone, only China remains,
    Your questions, complaints, are held in disdain.

They provide us with service, that's all we deserve,
    The idea of rights, well that' simply absurd.

So shut up and wait, for things to be fixed.
    Do what you're told, don't add to the mix.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Cryptic is gone, only China remains,
    Your questions, complaints, are held in disdain.

They provide us with service, that's all we deserve,
    The idea of rights, well that' simply absurd.

So shut up and wait, for things to be fixed.
    Do what you're told, don't add to the mix.

HA! Now that sounds like a rap most people use for their life.
  • Options
    osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have over 200 items sold on the exchange emails I cant delete
  • Options
    ameriousamerious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this ever going to get fixed? I am so tired of reading the emails about buying credits through gold farmers that have been stuck in my mailbox for almost a month. Now other emails are piling up and it's moved passed annoying to complete aggravation. I know you all have bugs, a friend of mine can't even log in cause his account is messed up but seriously, deleting emails can't be checked or fixed? It's rather a basic function that I'm sure any geek here would be happy to help with.
    This space reserved for moments of sanity!
  • Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i want my next -maintenace mission (daily)(14)- !! , i have already reached 13/365 and cant wait more..

And thanks for the -100% mail box capacity mission-, critical success !!!
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    95 % of all the email i get are from the exchange. The forum has tons of post asking devs to be able to turn off messages from the exchange for 5 years with no results. I got so many emails from the exchange i cant get any mail from anywhere else.:mad: If i were able to block it even with this mess right now i would not be having to complain.:mad:
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine hasn't been this extreme, but it's getting pretty bad.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amerious wrote: »
    Is this ever going to get fixed? I am so tired of reading the emails about buying credits through gold farmers that have been stuck in my mailbox for almost a month. Now other emails are piling up and it's moved passed annoying to complete aggravation. I know you all have bugs, a friend of mine can't even log in cause his account is messed up but seriously, deleting emails can't be checked or fixed? It's rather a basic function that I'm sure any geek here would be happy to help with.
    Good news: there's a new version up on Tribble that is supposed to fix this problem, so it shouldn't be long now.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yay, on that...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can delete your mail from Champions.
    Once a week or so, I've been logging into Champions, deleting my mail, and then logging back into STO.
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They better fix this soon. The way Cryptics engines run, youd think any second now the game will come crashing down because of the mail overload that has to be piling up. If it breaks because of that they'll have to fix it for real before bringing it back up.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    stressedchrisstressedchris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really unprofessional to let a problem like this hit the lives server but to have it unfixed after this length of time is just shocking and lazy, goes to show Cryptic dont care as long as people still give them money.
    Bet if it was a bug that stopped people buying Zen it would get sorted so fast somone would get friction burns........
  • Options
    finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they have the mail fixed on tribble so if you want to delete your mail just log into the tribble and delete it it works I did it
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a known issue and the cryptic team knows about it, and for the next patch there will be a bug patch and won of the solutions will be to fix the problem for deleting mail. I hope its soon cuz i have 100's of mail that need to be deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a known issue, and Cryptic are releasing a patch, and in that patch its suppose to fix the problem with not being able to delete mail. I really hope its soon cuz i got close to a 100 items in my mail that need to be deleted!:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have tribble patched up you can delete all your mail from there, or wait till they patch up later today.

For you that may be 2moz, i'm running on uk time.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    This is a known issue, and Cryptic are releasing a patch, and in that patch its suppose to fix the problem with not being able to delete mail. I really hope its soon cuz i got close to a 100 items in my mail that need to be deleted!:rolleyes:

and they are all JHAS :P heheheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BranFlakes wrote:

General:
    • Server Stability Updates.
    • Mail can now be deleted.
    • Players should no longer be immediately being booted from a queued map upon transferring to it.
    • Borg Red Alert missions should now allow all players to turn them in.
    • The Fleet Ha'apax Advanced Warbird can now use the Dual Vector Separation console.
    • Resolved an issue with Emergency Power to Auxiliary outperforming it's intended design.
    • Resolved the issue that was causing the "Untranslated String" text to appear in Emergency Power to Auxiliary.
    • The B'rel should no longer request that the player purchase the Exeter in order to commit changes in the tailor.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented players from receiving their transwarp to the Tau Dewa sector block upon earning T1 in the New Romulan Reputation.
    • Tuned down the difficulty of the elite Crystalline Entity encounter.
    • The final wave of "The Defense of New Romulus" has been tuned to be more achievable.
    • Romulans that are allied with the Klingon Defense Force can now train their bridge officers in Romulan social zones.

Hooray! Mail can now be deleted, and EPtA is finally fixed!

Aww! CC is supposed to be difficult!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The patch to fix this is currently on Tribble, and is loading tomorrow to Holodeck:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10614431#post10614431

Enjoy!
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so is my account bank being gone part of this limit thing ? I've gotten zero responses to 14 emails ..
This discussion has been closed.