test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Azure Nebula - does score even matter?

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've been doing some Azure Nebula Rescue mission recently, grinding Nukara Marks. I've noticed that regardless of the final score I always seem to be rewarded with 24 Marks (30 during the event).

One match my team only managed to save about 8 Bird of Preys (1 point each) and a couple of bigger ships, after which we were rewarded with 24 Marks (+ 5FM)

Another match was more efficient, with 3 Scimitars, 3 D'deridexes, 3 Mogais and 2 Bird of Preys rescued. I thought the rewards would be appropriate to the score, but nope - got the same 24 Marks anyway.

So my question is, does the scoring system even work? Or is it capped to 24 Marks for whatever crazy reason? This is one of the few missions that is easy to complete even with a weaker team, but designed to reward effectiveness of a stronger team. Sadly, it doesn't seem to do the latter, which kind of misses the point.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• Options
    alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    I've been doing some Azure Nebula Rescue mission recently, grinding Nukara Marks. I've noticed that regardless of the final score I always seem to be rewarded with 24 Marks (30 during the event).

One match my team only managed to save about 8 Bird of Preys (1 point each) and a couple of bigger ships, after which we were rewarded with 24 Marks (+ 5FM)

Another match was more efficient, with 3 Scimitars, 3 D'deridexes, 3 Mogais and 2 Bird of Preys rescued. I thought the rewards would be appropriate to the score, but nope - got the same 24 Marks anyway.

So my question is, does the scoring system even work? Or is it capped to 24 Marks for whatever crazy reason? This is one of the few missions that is easy to complete even with a weaker team, but designed to reward effectiveness of a stronger team. Sadly, it doesn't seem to do the latter, which kind of misses the point.

I noticed this as well, i think cryptic goes by what this guy used to say in the begging of every show he did "Who's line is it anyway"

Points don't matter
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Points do matter but it is a scale. I have had as little as 18 marks and as much as 30marks.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter how high you score, 18 marks is the max. More during bonus rep event. It use to be 22 max during bonus rep event but I did it once during bonus rep event since LoR went live and got like 36 Romulan marks, so it seems they increased what you get during bonus event but it's still the same crappy 18 max normally.

And it really sucks when you keep getting nothing but ships that give 1 or 2 points and end up only getting like 10 frigging Romulan marks. :(
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter how high you score, 18 marks is the max. More during bonus rep event.
    Eh? As I said, I kept getting 24 Marks of my choice + 5 Fleet Marks regardless of the score just yesterday. 30 was during the mark event.

I honestly believe we should be able to get more, based on the team's performance. With 3 Scimitars, 3 D'deris, 3 Mogais and 2 BoPs saved giving me the same amount of marks as 8 BoPs and 2 Mogais just seems silly.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Eh? As I said, I kept getting 24 Marks of my choice + 5 Fleet Marks regardless of the score just yesterday. 30 was during the mark event.

I honestly believe we should be able to get more, based on the team's performance. With 3 Scimitars, 3 D'deris, 3 Mogais and 2 BoPs saved giving me the same amount of marks as 8 BoPs and 2 Mogais just seems silly.

I am going to confirm Suaveks, I have also been getting 24 Marks of choice and 30 during the Marks Event Hour.
  • Options
    heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I did an Azure yesterday where my group wasn't so fast and we got almost nothing but BoPs and we got something a bit less than 24. I think it's just really easy to meet the cap for points.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy