What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts; please try again later

2»

Comments

• mithie3mithie3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usa Illinois

Okay. Try using the European proxy when logging in and see if it gets better.

I think they limit access attempts by ip, so if you're trying to log on at peak US hour, you might have a better chance trying to log in via Europe.
  • godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i gave my friend my name and pass and he got in my accout but i still cant that y i re downloaded star trek but no luck pissing me off
    edited May 2013
    and it don't work in ur proxy
  • mithie3mithie3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's a client issue, and re-downloading isn't likely to help.

Have you tried reaching out to support? Or tried the US proxy?
    edited May 2013
    yes did a ticket but no answer and yes tried the us proxy same thing no luck
    edited May 2013
    i hope they fix it after updates il try to get on it better work
    edited May 2013
    has anyone had the same thing happening to them i did a another ticket don't now what that will do they didn't answer the last one grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

'''''TOO MEANY ATTEMPTS TRY AGAIN LATER""""
    edited May 2013
    still stuck in limbo wtf i try everything i can but still getting error
    "too many attempts try again later" 3 day now

i bet it has something to do with game explorer help from anyone
    edited May 2013
    i dont no what you did but ty ty ty ty ty ty tyt tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyt it working im in yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    edited May 2013
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn finely i got on the sight did updates and it kicked me off again grrrrrrrrrrrrr "" too meany attempts try later""
    edited May 2013
    loader tried to get on ""too meany attempt try again later"" i bypass the loader and went to the game-client try to get in game
    ""connecting to account server timeout""
    i went to my friend house and played on his comp tryed my account ummmmm my account is not banned that good it was not that
    is it possibly you guys banned my ip address on accident it bin 5 day that i couldn't get on with my comp. the other day when you guy rebooted the sever i got passed the loader i got a chance to do update and then poof back to ""too meany attempts try again later"" i just hope this will help you guys fix it and i did update on my 2 ati radeon hd 4600 series card
  • threalstatikthrealstatik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when i try to login i get a 'too many login attempts' tried resetting my pw but didnt work, also didnt get an email so i guess that part is broken too....
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This message indicates that your IP has been banned. You will have to change your IP to get in, it has nothing to do with your account. The ban will last until maybe at least a day has passed, but if you try again, the ban gets extended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    why on earth would i be banned??
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, looks like someone tried to hack my account and failed. But I can't get into the game. Any idea how long this will last? I checked the support page but it doesn't have any information.
    edited May 2013
    i have not received any emails from PWE about how or why, i would like to know why exactly i got banned, so i can prevent it from happening in the future, spend way to time on this game to loose my account. also our fleetleader has been blocked from chat again for sending fleetmails and someone clicking on spam..... i mean really??? how can this even be an option in a fleet??

branflakes or some other dev? any response on this?
    edited May 2013
    So, found a third automated ban feature for STO. Apparently that's what this is. It is a banned IP address. You can use a new account, try any other game, doesn't matter you'll get hit on all of them until you change your IP.

Joy.

Also, Customer Support doesn't know about it, and doesn't know how to resolve it. They tell you to re-install the game.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, looks like someone tried to hack my account and failed. But I can't get into the game. Any idea how long this will last? I checked the support page but it doesn't have any information.

I have had this on more than once , emailed support and they said they could not find why I was getting this and my account was not banned . next day it worked but to me it seems the account system sto uses is bugged
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited May 2013
    this is my first post and it might be my last i have put in 6 different tickets to try to fix my account it has bin a challenge i try to log in the game and all i get is
    "TOO MEANY ATTEMPTS TRY AGAIN LATER
    ticket come back in email do this do that try this try that IT BULL SHI_ the problem is not in my comp it in your serves FIX IT was working fine 6 day ago then i got massive lag got out of game rebooted and the bs began has anyone else have the same problem i like playing the game but this is just to much some people cry about have to stop plying for 4 hours i cant play for 6 day
  • john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well sorry for all the problems you are having it seems almost everyone of us are having the same issues. Mine is Disconnects, doff's not being awarded, too many things to kill in one mission that takes so long i get bored and just want to sleep.
    I honestly think these so called maintainences are nothing more than a sham, to make it look good. I mean after today's i am still being disconnected and I know its not my computer or internet as I can play other MMO's just fine.
    Perfect World or whatever your called why don't you fix the issues and quit taking money from everyone... Do not even get me started on pricing for ships etc. lol
    edited May 2013
    it looks like they just don't care or they just don't now wtf they are doing
  • surfratt21surfratt21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started getting this bug the other day and still cant log in.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neowolfen wrote: »
    Too Many attempts Try again Later.

How do you know my wife??
    edited June 2013
    So, I discovered over the weekend that in addition to the chat ban from being ignored, the account ban for naming gold sellers you can also get your IP banned. Because, you know, we were all thinking there just needs to be at least one more way to get locked out of the game.

I have not discovered what causes this, my initial assumption was that someone had tried to hack me as the error message was "too many attempts, please try again later". I waited 4 hours still the same message, and on Champions. So then I hit the tech support boards.

Apparently even if you create a completely new account and try to log in for the first time, you cannot. You'll get this same error.

I'm now running a VPN to connect compliments of Cnet and download.com. Anyone have any idea what might have happened to get my IP banned?

I'd link to the relevant Tech support threads where you can find several other people with the same problems but for some reason I can't find that forum anymore. Grrr.

Anyway, passing along the warning and the workaround.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vpn software wont fool the system for long. however mentioning it as a workaround over a ban in the first place or getting caught behind such software is likely to get you banned instantly. you should read the Terms of service, under rule 10.

latest software has some computers and sites running your IP address and link it to your CPU number, that way VPN software is useless. and a ban remains permanent, even if you change your computer and CPU, your IP address will catch you out and log your CPU address with it when the VPN software momentarily drops out while you are playing for example, and it can happen.

edit: that topic i commented on was directed at the last poster however that topic was merged with this one. so i guess there was no rule broken. well the second part remains as a suggestion as first part can be discarded.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2013
    vpn software wont fool the system for long. however mentioning it as a workaround over a ban in the first place or getting caught behind such software is likely to get you banned instantly. you should read the Terms of service, under rule 10.

latest software has some computers and sites running your IP address and link it to your CPU number, that way VPN software is useless. and a ban remains permanent, even if you change your computer and CPU, your IP address will catch you out and log your CPU address with it when the VPN software momentarily drops out while you are playing for example, and it can happen.

edit: that topic i commented on was directed at the last poster however that topic was merged with this one. so i guess there was no rule broken. well the second part remains as a suggestion as first part can be discarded.

It's all over the tech support forum as the only cure. The customer service people recommend re-installing which doesn't work then apparently give up. If it's a violation, then no one's stopping it being handed out as the cure.
  • philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has this cleared for anyone? Turned on sto this morning, to find I was getting this message, can't think what could have happened on my account to warrant my IP being banned.

Has it cleared for those people saying it had lasted for several days?
  • feeblezakfeeblezak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has this cleared for anyone? Turned on sto this morning, to find I was getting this message, can't think what could have happened on my account to warrant my IP being banned.

Has it cleared for those people saying it had lasted for several days?

There is no solution and there is no indication that they are intending to fix it. I think it will start locking subscribers out of the actual website so they can't cancel subscriptions next. They are killing the game.
  • blackfiretwbblackfiretwb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello folks,

Referencing the developer post in Neverwinter PWE Forums my attempts using 3 machines on my network would seem to confirm this. I run a small IT company and with our IP address being static, I decided to submit a ticket .

My theory on what caused this is that one of the folks on my network had either a stuck enter key or something laying on the enter key at the patcher. I do not know how long an iP ban lasts but a suggestion to the developers to have a separate prompt or key to move forward after failed log-in attempts would at least prevent my theory as the cause of this situation.

Very frustrating that holiday break just started on the day I am now IP banned from all Cryptic games. :)