test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I wonder how many people stopped playing due to bugs.

guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Due to all the bugs.

I for one can't get into 9 our of 10 STF's due to the broken PVE queue.

Still can't delete mails, I'm also mysteriously losing items that do not sell on the exchange.

Some NPC factions do a whole lot of absurd damage (in missions or sector patrols)

I'm seeing a lot less activity during the day in game. PVE queues are very slow as well. Wonder how many they lost due to all their 'refusing to fix bugs' shenanigans.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
Post edited by guilli88 on

Comments

• Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we're all crabs in the bucket. i gave up trying to get out.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't stand the underhanded nerfs/buffs, most notably to STF missions.
    It seems like Cryptic is bowing to the fetish abuse crowd by bringing back the invisi-instakill torp while ignoring the bugs elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure the dormant accounts sprang to life during the first hours of LoR then slipped back into a coma after finding out this just isn't the game they wanted it to be.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    I'm also mysteriously losing items that do not sell on the exchange.

Let me guess, every other email is empty? If so you got the item and your just being sent another empty mail i think it says (holodeck) i forget though and i just logged out.

Yes there are many bugs, not quit just refuse to spend my money on a broken product that i feel the company do not do enough to fix...

I recon a few peopel have left though, and alot are fed up with maintenance every day which i see no end to at the moment it probably still be happening in two weeks time.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And its becoming less of the game we like love and want it to be on a daily basis ( or at least with each emergency maintenance ).. Its getting to where i cant wait for Star Citizen to be released..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most annoying bug for me is the mailbox and server outages
    mailbox, item limit and deletion bug
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they need to grow up and realise they are not a 2 man 'Indy' operation anymore and a certain level of professionalism is now required.

LOR is quite an impressive achievement in most respects that has been completely let down by bugs which where reported both in open and closed beta.

A certain level of downtime/lag is expected during a major update, however releasing the update with known bugs is simply sloppy and lazy.
  • Options
    beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or the ludicrously over amped enemies now
  • Options
    moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Due to all the bugs.

I for one can't get into 9 our of 10 STF's due to the broken PVE queue.

Still can't delete mails, I'm also mysteriously losing items that do not sell on the exchange.

Some NPC factions do a whole lot of absurd damage (in missions or sector patrols)

I'm seeing a lot less activity during the day in game. PVE queues are very slow as well. Wonder how many they lost due to all their 'refusing to fix bugs' shenanigans.

A couple of people I know have taken a break to play other games with a stated intent to return later. I don't think this counts as an actual lost customer though
  • Options
    rhinzualrhinzual Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I think they need to grow up and realise they are not a 2 man 'Indy' operation anymore and a certain level of professionalism is now required.

LOR is quite an impressive achievement in most respects that has been completely let down by bugs which where reported both in open and closed beta.

A certain level of downtime/lag is expected during a major update, however releasing the update with known bugs is simply sloppy and lazy.

They ceased being a 2 man 'Indy' operation the moment City of Heroes skyrocketed in popularity back when it was released.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed a big drop off in player activity, however, I suspect many will return in a few weeks when they hear of some major bug patches.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 people total.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in my fleet far as i know 2 people have quit the game
    for a month.

just hope they fix the pve queues, that TRIBBLE is starting to
    get to me. specially the mail system.
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    And its becoming less of the game we like love and want it to be on a daily basis ( or at least with each emergency maintenance ).. Its getting to where i cant wait for Star Citizen to be released..

Looking forward to SC and Elite, but I will still play STO as they're going to be completely different :).
  • Options
    reachokreachok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now I'm a dabbler in this game. I like the Star Trek theme. The bugs would be a deal breaker for me if I was paying to play. As a free player so far, I just go play another game if I get annoyed with STO. I play another sub based game that has a short daily downtime, so I'm not annoyed with daily maintenance. The mail bug seems like it should be an easy fix, but so far they haven't addressed that. I haven't encountered some of the other bugs I've seen listed.
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Several in our fleet have stopped 'trying' because of the bugs. I could see one or two of them giving up on STO but not all of them.
    Our projects are taking longer to finish. I spent hours trying to get things done in the PvE queues, I've given up on them myself for now. It seems the only thing I can get into reliably are ISE and Fleet Alert, nothing else likes to work.

I don't even look at the E-mail tab anymore, its a mess.

The other day I put about a hundred fleet marks into a base project, only to have the game take my fleet marks and not put them into the base project.

Also, is it me or are the spheres in the ISE more... mobile? they've been zooming all over, often outpacing my own ships lately.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikearoo wrote: »
    Also, is it me or are the spheres in the ISE more... mobile? they've been zooming all over, often outpacing my own ships lately.

Working as intended, along with many of the other horrible things that have been 'added' to the game. Borg are now pretty much immune to mobility debuffs such as gravity well.
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »

I agree Star Citizen, Is going to be good!;)
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a3001 wrote: »
    we're all crabs in the bucket. i gave up trying to get out.
    Yes me to, i will be here till i die or they scrap the servers.
    I give up all hope that i will ever leave this game....
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our projects are taking longer to finish. I spent hours trying to get things done in the PvE queues, I've given up on them myself for now.
    just quoting a random statement here, but both of those are due to people working the new content on their new toons, instead of working the old content with their old toons