test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's the deal with "Law"? (SPOILERS!!!)

tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Note, that this deals with content in the new "Wasteland" story arc. So again, if you haven't played it and want to be surprised...There be SPOILERS!!! Do not read further!!!

Now that that is out of the way, in the course of the arc we mean a man named "Law" who at some point is referred to as 'The Blind Man' in connection with some Syndicate business. I assumed that reference meant that his past encounter with Syndicate thugs resulted in them doing something to actually make him blind. But in A Fistful of Gorn, we see "Law" participating in a gun duel.

So my question is: what up with that? How does a blind man fight in a gun duel? Or am I missing something?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tylermaxwell on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's in regard to a Peacekeeper, a supposed law-enforcement officer (hence the name), turning "a blind eye" to the various illegal activities the Syndicate's engaged in. He sure turned on 'em fast enough once he realized you could actually help!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i fought the law and.. the law lost
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, did anyone else who played the Nimbus missions keep seeing Law switch between a Romulan and a human with a Romulan haircut (and rounded human ears)?

I'm pretty sure Law is supposed to be Romulan ... at least that is what his DOff head shot looks like after the completion of the Nimbus missions.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he is suppose to be romulan he says that being a romulan he thought he could do better job and up holding the law and bringing order then what he considered the lesser species

the ears where brought up in beta but never was fixed even sent a bug report on it
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    brought up in beta but never was fixed even sent a bug report on it

It's really unfortunate how many times this phrase (or one VERY similar) gets repeated again and again in the forums about the many bugs in LOR.

I'm seriously starting to doubt that the devs were able to fix more than 15% of the KNOWN bugs from the beta prior to launch day. :(
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really unfortunate how many times this phrase (or one VERY similar) gets repeated again and again in the forums about the many bugs in LOR.

I'm seriously starting to doubt that the devs were able to fix more than 15% of the KNOWN bugs from the beta prior to launch day. :(
    Devs prioritize.... this bug is a display glitch. They'll probably fix it eventually. But more important things... like the mail system, take precedence.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone else think of this when they read the guy was called "LAW"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »

YEEESSS!!!!

BTW they made a new one. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Totally. I'm surprised it took 8 posts for somebody to bring it up. :P
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    nylsianylsia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Justice may be blind, but it can see in the dark.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YEEESSS!!!!

BTW they made a new one. :)

Yeah, but you can't top Stallone's camp style:P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but you can't top Stallone's camp style:P
    Hehe. Yeah, he was awesome. I can't wait to see the new one though. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe. Yeah, he was awesome. I can't wait to see the new one though. :D

The new one (starring Karl Urban's chin) beats the old one in pretty much every conceivable way. In my opinion, it was the best comic book adaptation of 2012. Such a shame that it didn't do better, and now seems destined to be a one off cult classic, instead of the first instalment of a trilogy, as was originally planned.

Edit: As a counterpoint to the clip posted earlier, here's Urban's take on the famous, "I am the law!" line: http://youtu.be/oqRim15-yOs

I thought the 'Blind Man' reference was more about his role as a peacekeeper/law enforcer. Justice being blind, and all that. His ears being wrong are rather glaring, but I just told myself that when Hassan tortured him, he clipped the tops of his ears off as a joke. :P I was hoping to get him as a BOFF at the end of the series, but I guess a DOFF is the next best thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given the western theme of A Fistful of Gorn, I just assume Law is The Man With No Name and I should make sure I'm nice to him.

Also God, the old Judge Dredd movie sucked. You knew it was in trouble when even Stallone openly said he knew there were going to be problems by the second week of shooting.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it sad i thought the first was suppose to be a comedy and was shocked to find out it actually was not lol
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the first was kinda campy. More campy than the comics. I don't really think it was bad, though.

The comics were kinda corny in spots too. :D I remember one scene in particular that was played for laughs.

The bad guy walks into a shopping mall through the front door carrying a huge gun. He walks up to someone and starts giving a list of demands. The guy flippantly tells him that he isn't scared of his huge gun because the mall security system destroyed the firing mechanism when he walk through the door. The bad guy then smacks him with the gun and beats him to death with it. Then he says something like "Looks like it works fine to me."

It's a very dark form of humor, but.... still.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure Law is a reference to The Man With No Name.

Due to there being a mission named, "A Fistful of Gorn", and The Man With No Name was in a movie named, A Fistful of Dollars.

Also about Law being blind, well, he turned a blind eye to the Orion Syndicate. So there's that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    The new one (starring Karl Urban's chin) beats the old one in pretty much every conceivable way. In my opinion, it was the best comic book adaptation of 2012. Such a shame that it didn't do better, and now seems destined to be a one off cult classic, instead of the first instalment of a trilogy, as was originally planned.

Edit: As a counterpoint to the clip posted earlier, here's Urban's take on the famous, "I am the law!" line: http://youtu.be/oqRim15-yOs

totally this.

And I was hoping law was going to be another Bridge Officer.