test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now is a god time to get your Red Matter Capacitor!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wait, so if I order it, I can link it through support on STO's web page to my main account? In other words, I won't have to have a whole new account right? Can somebody plz tell me how it works?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wait, so if I order it, I can link it through support on STO's web page to my main account? In other words, I won't have to have a whole new account right? Can somebody plz tell me how it works?

Yes, you can go to your existing account and add the game key :)

Via .... http://startrekonline.com/activate
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    Yes, you can go to your existing account and add the game key :)

Alright, cool. I just ordered it. Thank you OP for posting about this :D.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    PofusP wrote:
    Too bad it could take up to three weeks to be delivered. Whatever happened to cheap shipping having a strict three-day trip?

Those were the days when newegg's free shipping was actually something to get excited about Q_Q.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I just ordered a CE from ebay for $16 including shipping to Canada... I hope they ship it soon. Only problem with ordering from the USA is Customs fees... since the CE is heavier than a standard dvd case...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This is cheaper than spending $12.50 on Cryptic Points to get the same items, so I ordered it. Nice find!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ramp4ge wrote: »
    :\ I paid $80.00 for this TRIBBLE 2 years ago...

so did I, but I never considered it "TRIBBLE". if this is what it is, then why still play?:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This is cheaper than spending $12.50 on Cryptic Points to get the same items, so I ordered it. Nice find!

Though it's not worth 25€ I'd have to pay for the copy in E-Bay.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    today Amazon shows 8.82 but it's part of the Fulfilled by Amazon so you Prime people can get free shipping plus those boxes at least 2 weeks ago were ones that gave Borg BO's for both Fed and KDF plus all the normal CE stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OP here.

I just checked Amazon and today the collector's edition is $17. Yesterday, when I posted this thread, it was $4. Why the change :confused:

I hope some of you got the good deal while it was up!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Matthian wrote:
    OP here.

I just checked Amazon and today the collector's edition is $17. Yesterday, when I posted this thread, it was $4. Why the change :confused:

I hope some of you got the good deal while it was up!

Because it's not actually Amazon but those are marketplace vendors. Some do the Fulfill by Amazon which means Amazon's inventory but Amazon itself is no longer selling the game technically. So prices will go up/down depending on the marketplace vendors.

It's still 8.88 but you have to buy it from a vendor not notated with the Fulfilled By Amazon notation which means 3.99 shipping no matter what and no Borg BO since it's being shipped by someone else and not Amazon handling the shipping.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Because it's not actually Amazon but those are marketplace vendors. Some do the Fulfill by Amazon which means Amazon's inventory but Amazon itself is no longer selling the game technically. So prices will go up/down depending on the marketplace vendors.

It's still 8.88 but you have to buy it from a vendor not notated with the Fulfilled By Amazon notation which means 3.99 shipping no matter what and no Borg BO since it's being shipped by someone else and not Amazon handling the shipping.

Maybe they saw everyone buying it for $4 so they upped the price?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Matthian wrote:
    Maybe they saw everyone buying it for $4 so they upped the price?

Actually it's not. I was checking the different vendor prices. It seems it's more like the 4 dollar ones sold out so they moved the next cheapest to the default price. But right now that 8.88 one is not in the same sub-bracket under new so it's not the default.

But the one that's default now has been that price for a while only now those less than him have moved off the board so to speak. So it makes it seem those who sold it cheaper are just sold out now.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Actually it's not. I was checking the different vendor prices. It seems it's more like the 4 dollar ones sold out so they moved the next cheapest to the default price. But right now that 8.88 one is not in the same sub-bracket under new so it's not the default.

But the one that's default now has been that price for a while only now those less than him have moved off the board so to speak. So it makes it seem those who sold it cheaper are just sold out now.

The prices I've quoted in this thread were not the secondary prices next to "new" and "used" - they were the top Amazon price.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Matthian wrote:
    The prices I've quoted in this thread were not the secondary prices next to "new" and "used" - they were the top Amazon price.

Those were still vendors. The one right now is a vendor named Galactics. Just because it's shows as the price doesn't mean it's not a vendor's price.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Under the part that you select Standard or CE it has:

In Stock.
    Sold by Galactics and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Just pulled my invoice. I got one with the Borg BO box and it was shipped by Amazon. But Sold by Jascar Enterprises LLC) ordered on Jan 20. Sent in an Amazon shipping box from Amazon warehouse.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Yes. Just add the Retail Game Code to your main account. You get all of the goodies AND 30 days of game time.

I can attest that the game codes do stack. I have the Amazon Collector's Edition, an Atari DDE special bundle, and a Lifetime Subscription. I've gotten all of the game edition goodies, and my free 60 days of game ti...hey... wait a minute.... :p :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    fuzun wrote: »
    Yes. Just add the Retail Game Code to your main account. You get all of the goodies AND 30 days of game time.

I can attest that the game codes do stack. I have the Amazon Collector's Edition, an Atari DDE special bundle, and a Lifetime Subscription. I've gotten all of the game edition goodies, and my free 60 days of game ti...hey... wait a minute.... :p :rolleyes:

The devs already said that the time only stacks for new "versions" to the account. Like you can only get a max of 90 days from purchases. 1 CE, 1 DDE, and 1 standard will stack the time.

Now items will stack all day long so if you can score say the Amazon Borg BO like many did in the last couple of weeks, that would stack even if you already had a CE on the account.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The devs already said that the time only stacks for new "versions" to the account. Like you can only get a max of 90 days from purchases. 1 CE, 1 DDE, and 1 standard will stack the time.

Now items will stack all day long so if you can score say the Amazon Borg BO like many did in the last couple of weeks, that would stack even if you already had a CE on the account.

T'was a joke. Note: >>Lifetime Subscription<< :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I been using the Red Matter Capacitor on my Galor, it has about 3 minute cool down (without the duty officers). Which is a good fill in when I'm waiting for the other cool downs to get off the timer. Seems to work best in STF's and the borg daily mission.

:D
    not bad for the $4 + shipping
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    LOL, I remember back at release I paid a guy online a few bucks to buy a Del Taco large drink just so I could get the shuttle code off of it. All that for a shuttle about as big as 4 pixels. the RMC is far more useful :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I ordered mine a month ago and If I'm not mistaken it also comes with 500 cp's so it really is a bargain.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    breakout wrote: »
    I ordered mine a month ago and If I'm not mistaken it also comes with 500 cp's so it really is a bargain.

I just activated mine last night. I have the same # of C-Points I had before. As I recall, the box did not mention anything about C-Points either.

Perhaps this was a different offer you were thinking of?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The red Matter Cap is a scam, and false advertising... When I die the ship I have it on doesn't create a black hole. It should make a black hole. Cryptic Y U do this to me? give me black hole.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dunnlang wrote:
    I just activated mine last night. I have the same # of C-Points I had before. As I recall, the box did not mention anything about C-Points either.

Perhaps this was a different offer you were thinking of?

Each version had different rewards, the Target version had a gun, walmart has some skill points, gamestop had a turret, Amazon I think had the c-store, there was just a whole flaming mess of them with different bonuses, some armor from somewhere..I wish there was still a list somewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Each version had different rewards, the Target version had a gun, walmart has some skill points, gamestop had a turret, Amazon I think had the c-store, there was just a whole flaming mess of them with different bonuses, some armor from somewhere..I wish there was still a list somewhere.

GameStop -- GameStop customers receive the ability to command the exclusive and always classic USS Enterprise from Star Trek The Original Series.
    Best Buy -- Best Buy is offering their customers a fun in-game pet. As a Federation Captain, players own a famed Tribble of Star Trek lore that will accompany them on their travels into the final frontier. As a Klingon commander, players control the boar-like Targ, a beast found on the Klingon home world of Qo?noS.
    Amazon -- Amazon is offering an exclusive ?Liberated Borg? Bridge Officer. This bridge officer, who comes with unique nanotechnology augmentations, assists in missions and gains experience as the player does.
    Wal-Mart -- With the Wal-Mart Bonus Skill Points package, receive addition skill points that enable players to improve their characters quickly.
    Target -- Target customers who preorder Star Trek Online receive a unique ground weapon ? a TR-116. This rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments; it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of site.
    Direct2Drive -- Direct2Drive customers receive an exclusive Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer.
    STEAM -- STEAM is offering customers Chromodynamic Armor. This armor is based on technology brought back from the Delta Quadrant by U.S.S. Voyager improves the damage and critical hits of energy weapons.

http://www.1up.com/news/star-trek-online-preorder-incentives
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    The red Matter Cap is a scam, and false advertising... When I die the ship I have it on doesn't create a black hole. It should make a black hole. Cryptic Y U do this to me? give me black hole.

I ordered the CE before the spam made me want to stop buying stuff for STO, but I went ahead and installed it anyway. I just started putting the red matter cap on my ships and at first I thought the complaint was serious... then I finished reading. Good one. I want a black hole too, please.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Shakkar wrote: »
    I ordered the CE before the spam made me want to stop buying stuff for STO, but I went ahead and installed it anyway. I just started putting the red matter cap on my ships and at first I thought the complaint was serious... then I finished reading. Good one. I want a black hole too, please.

So hilarious, as I did the same thing. I ordered it mere hours before the System Chat messages. I tried to contact the vendor to cancel the order, but I guess they did not get the message. Chances are they wanted to clear their inventory at any cost and personally I'm not out that much.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OttoVonCat wrote: »
    GameStop -- GameStop customers receive the ability to command the exclusive and always classic USS Enterprise from Star Trek The Original Series.
    Best Buy -- Best Buy is offering their customers a fun in-game pet. As a Federation Captain, players own a famed Tribble of Star Trek lore that will accompany them on their travels into the final frontier. As a Klingon commander, players control the boar-like Targ, a beast found on the Klingon home world of Qo?noS.
    Amazon -- Amazon is offering an exclusive ?Liberated Borg? Bridge Officer. This bridge officer, who comes with unique nanotechnology augmentations, assists in missions and gains experience as the player does.
    Wal-Mart -- With the Wal-Mart Bonus Skill Points package, receive addition skill points that enable players to improve their characters quickly.
    Target -- Target customers who preorder Star Trek Online receive a unique ground weapon ? a TR-116. This rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments; it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of site.
    Direct2Drive -- Direct2Drive customers receive an exclusive Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer.
    STEAM -- STEAM is offering customers Chromodynamic Armor. This armor is based on technology brought back from the Delta Quadrant by U.S.S. Voyager improves the damage and critical hits of energy weapons.

http://www.1up.com/news/star-trek-online-preorder-incentives

LOL wow, I was totally wrong on that, DOH
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dunnlang wrote:
    So hilarious, as I did the same thing. I ordered it mere hours before the System Chat messages. I tried to contact the vendor to cancel the order, but I guess they did not get the message. Chances are they wanted to clear their inventory at any cost and personally I'm not out that much.

So can I put you down for a black hole too?