test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't "Train up" With Faction Choice BOffs as Romulan

captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As a Rommie, I have been unable to use the Train-up function with a faction choice BOff, (Namely KDF) i.e. I can't transfer a power from a KDF BOff (Charged Particle Burst 3 for example) to another BOff (Discarding the KDF BOff in the process). It's working fine when attempting to use it with a Romulan BOff, so is this intentional or a bug?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yamiyami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue with my Fed allied Romulan toon. It's only Fed B.offs that I can't use to train my Romulan B.offs all Romulan B.offs allow me to "Train Up".

I had the same issue when trying to train a B.off on my fed toon as well, I think it's just a glitch, at least I hope.
  • swd7519swd7519 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yami2 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with my Fed allied Romulan toon. It's only Fed B.offs that I can't use to train my Romulan B.offs all Romulan B.offs allow me to "Train Up".

I had the same issue when trying to train a B.off on my fed toon as well, I think it's just a glitch, at least I hope.

Mark this as an issue Im having as well.

Federation aligned Rommie unable to train up B.Officers.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Romulans and romulan skill trainers can only train Romulan Bridge Officers.

KDF or FED bridge officers can only be trained by a KDF/FED skill trainer, or by a Klingon captain.

Enjoy your Liberated Borg Romulan that's really a FED/KDF boff...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed BOffs can train Fed+Romulan BOffs, however you have to make an extra step to get around the bug:

1) Acquire an extra throw-away faction-BOff (Common is fine) in addition to the one that you want to train with.
    2) Commission the throw-away Fed officer into your crew.
    3) The 2nd Fed officer should NOW be willing to train, and should be able to train either Fed officers or Romulans
    4) Throw away the extra BOff and you're done.

This does not work for KDF captains, however. Which is challenging, since KDF-affiliated Romulan/Reman captains cannot train KDF officers either (this affects Fed-Rommies as well, I think).
  • foxxblitzfoxxblitz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RRF Bridge Officers should be able to be trained by non RRF skill trainers/bridge officers just like normal KDF/Fed officers. I am unable to train my RRF science officers Tyken's Rift III because there are no RRF bridge officers with this ability, yet. This is a very common skill on KDF and Fed officers.

This restriction also makes it very annoying to retrain your officers when changing ships/strategies. You will have to transwarp between Qo'Nos/ESD and New Romulus just to train your officers. If you make a mistake, you might be stuck flying there manually due to the transwarp cooldown.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed BOffs can train Fed+Romulan BOffs, however you have to make an extra step to get around the bug:

1) Acquire an extra throw-away faction-BOff (Common is fine) in addition to the one that you want to train with.
    2) Commission the throw-away Fed officer into your crew.
    3) The 2nd Fed officer should NOW be willing to train, and should be able to train either Fed officers or Romulans
    4) Throw away the extra BOff and you're done.

This does not work for KDF captains, however. Which is challenging, since KDF-affiliated Romulan/Reman captains cannot train KDF officers either (this affects Fed-Rommies as well, I think).

Well, this deserves some testing. It's certainly quite a mess, but I may finally get some of my boffs trained.

Thanks for tips. ;)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to give this thread a bump.

I suspect this is a similar issue as Romulans not being able to be treated by medical officers and not being trainable on Qo'nos/ESD.

It's really a shame since so much of LoR is focused around your choice of faction, it seems odd that we would not be able to make use of the faction's full resources (including boff training/homeworld stuff).

Has anyone come up with a KDF-side workaround? Having a very desirable skill just waiting on a non-comissioned KDF boff that I wanna give to one my bridge crew has really sapped my desire to play until this gets fixed (my OCD side doesn't like being taunted like that ;) )