test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: May 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please! [Now Closed]

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sela has a Cape and some cool collar/chest gear... now my question...

Where is my cape?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you happy and satisfied with the launch or LoR and the positive feedback you recieved from the community, or does it get outweighed by anger and frustration about bugs (e.g. the mail system) and the current server problems?

Are sales of Romulan ships/c-store item and the amount of Romulan players satisfying enough so far, that you might consider another "mini"-faction?
  • shermanator87shermanator87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will be the lifetime rewards for the romulans?
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the Legacy of Romulus is cryptics best achievement to date, its an amazing landmark in the series and I for one cant praise you enough for it. Ive wanted to play the roms for two years and finally I can.

One question, please can we have the Fleet Galaxy X now? Its been in the works for almost a year and a half!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: When will we see the Elachi Lock Box (since you ALREADY fly one of their ships in one mission)?

2: Could you please make a couple of quality of life changes to Fleet Alert (FED/KDF, defend against 8 waves of baddies and a siege group at the end)? First, it needs to be a VA-only queue, because REALLY low-level players are queuing for it (and TRIBBLE over the high-level players with worthless drops and pretty much no effect). Second, the Siege Group with Romulan NPC enemies is nigh impossible, because the Scimitar cloaks constantly and therefore is nigh impossible to kill in the time allotted (unless you have high-level players and Tier V Operational Assets).

3: Geko mentioned in an interview the upcoming Fleet Galaxy-X. When will I be able to throw my wallet at the screen and receive this vessel?

4: You have 3 variants of the Galaxy class (Venture, Galaxy-X, Galaxy-R). Will there ever be a bundle for these, and/or a TNG bundle with a special interior (and perhaps a Console Set bonus for Antimatter Spread, Saucer Sep, and the Dreadnought Cloak)?

5: Can you hint at what's been CONSIDERED for the villain of the next FE, or is that too far in the future?
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 - Any official explanation about the Stipend delay problem? We see many reports of problems from players without any explanation from Crypt/Sto staff.

2 - Alright... KDF and Romulans are reached. And now? What is the next big step to STO? Cardassian? Bajoran? DS9 Expansion? Voyager?

3 - Any plans to sell the lifetime though steam? We can see legacy romulan packs here, but by the way, any chance to see any other bundle or pack in the steam? Is really more easily to buy though steam instead directly from Crypt/PW website. Mainly if you live outside of EUA.

4 - Legacy of Romulan make me to rethink about the current state of the game. A lot of things become better, old problems resolved or at least, have a good will to reach any solution.

After some time, you can tell by your own vision about the future problems to deal?
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • mrfixitsmrfixits Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any plans to close the loop hole in account guard?
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When can we expect the promised Veteran Rewards for Romulans to arrive?
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will Romulans get their own costume variants of STF ground gear and environmental suits? Will Elite fleet Plasma weapons be added to the Fleet stores? Will text cleanup be done on dailies to make them Romulan faction specific? Will cstore Romulan doffs be added to buy?
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question:

Do we get some sort of way to customize the UI? The UI has some great aspects which got improved but also alot contains alot of factors which I and alot of other players think has made the overall gameplay experience worse.

As it stands now the UI is way too much in the foreground (The differences in colors, contrast etc) The game should be about the game again, but UI effects, and some in game graphic effects basically overshadowing it.

Alot of people would really like to see to get back the smoothness and less colored UI variants. Perhaps some more UI configuration where we can adjust aspects like reticle colors, UI overall colors, Hue, Saturation etc?
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there any plans to fix the numerous bugs that have cropped up in the KDF/Rom-KDF tailor/costume system?(serious question)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will the servers be sorted ? . I did not have a problem getting into sto before LOR was released and each patch the performance of the servers gets worse .
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will we get scimitar soon?
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will the KDF ever get to alter their maurding boffs? (the widely known bug!)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, you cancel emergency maitainence, now I cant log in, says I'm 2237 in a queue of 2260???:mad:
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering little is seen of the Undine so far, is it safe to say that the Bio-molecular Torpedo is kind of a hint to the next FE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance of getting a Scimitar? Or would it too large and too overpowered?
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Romulan Ships have obviously been designed far better than Fed and KDF ships. The VA ships all have some sort of flexible Boff seating with a Universal slot. This is sort of what players wanted for all these years.

The more recent Federation Ships, like the Kumari and Vesta lines, have benefited from this design philosophy, but the majority of Fed and KDF ships are looking rather weak in comparison. Will you (Cryptic) go back and spruce up these ships?
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the servers being so overloaded, and two periods of four consecutive days of downtime in the span of a month, what will Cryptic be doing to minimize the chances of something like this happening again?
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the tutorials are so awesome, can we get a way to replay them on our characters?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) Why did you copy Mass Effect 2 in your Romulan storyline. The Elachi serve in exactly the same capacity as the Collectors from the Mass Effect series. There are also identical similarities including

- Technology
    - Indoctrination
    - Having a station that is in an inaccessible realm
    - Abducting colonists to use in their own reproductive process.

i did notice the similarity, but then again almost everything has been done to death with a storyline and content, typical to recycle such stuff.

-technology? they have the understanding of biologically converting lifeforms into more elachi, perhaps even new ships or just a food source.
    Reapers are created from many, many lifeforms in the galaxy to convert them into grey matter to build a new reaper in the image of the enemy every 50k years. to a much lesser extent, to boilogically adapt a lifeform into a reaper controlled lifeform.

-indoctrination? elachi dont indoctrinate, the tal shiar do that and its as much to keep the tal shiar safe from the elachi "allies" as it is to do some damned distasteful things. i have seen no direct evidence that the elachi can hijack a persons thoughts, but an iconian could though, hakeev did state that he had "allies" that gave him the ability to indoctrinate and for all we know he was already indoctrinated.
    Reapers can indoctrinate many people just by being near the ship for a long enough amount of time, even a dead reaper can indoctrinate a lifeform. there is direct proof that its the reapers that subvert control of a lifeform.

-inaccessible station in another realm? the elachi hid their station in a subspace pocket to avoid prying eyes so they can do what they wanted.
    Collectors hid their station in the middle of the galaxy surrounded by wreckage of millions of ships and a blackhole but not a different realm like subspace. it was accessible you just needed a special device to interface with the omega relay.

-abduction for reproduction? elachi converted their subjects into more elachi after knocking them out with a sedative, that is not direct reproduction in any sense and they may of had other methods for their victims besides being "slowly twisted in a damn monster" as a certain character mentions on another game.
    again as mentioned the reapers and collectors used humans or any lifeform to create a new reaper and they have been known to create armies or freaky critters from the victims, they have also been known to convert a lifeform into a mineless slave to the reapers, former protheans and they are the collectors.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Romulan ship interior looks amazing! When will we see Fed bridges this nice?

Costumes: Can you give Lib borg Romulan boff the borg boff suit? Can we get skants now?

How soon can we get player-chooseable transporter fx in the c-store?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) With LoR (Legacy of Romulus), we saw the addition of backgrounds with some NPC contacts.

I love this new feature, and something which I believe the Foundry would highly benefit from. So my question is:

Are there any plans to introduce a selection of NPC backgrounds (such as the ones we have currently) to the Foundry Creator?

Thank you!
  • species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will you fix :

1.Email problem (cant delete messages)

2.When playing PvP and the mission is over,every time i getting diconnected

3.Tray mixed up after changing character and Boff's stations

Hope you will answer !!!!!!
  • wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is it every time we turn around the npc's get stronger while we get weaker i mean do we realy need to go and totaly refit our ships just to stay in the game?
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll ask the most obvious question that everyone is concerned about most.

When exactly, will you be moving this game to it's own capable server? This needs to be done, and fast, there is no way around it. Obviously you devs/management should be intelligent enough to know this as well, so how soon will this be done? The sooner, the better obviously, as getting this game on it's own server that can actually handle it, is an emergency.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi! I was wondering if the free gift for trying out the Tribble Test happen or not? I played LOR for three hrs and didn't get anything. Love the game! thank you....
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What was the purpose of imposing a 100 item limit [or stacks of] to the mail system without announcing it in the patch notes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While people can appreciate that with a large release like LoR not everything is going to go 100% smoothly, but since the release the game has been offline roughly 10% of the time.

Isn't it about time someone from Cryptic took responsibility for the daily maintence, emergency restarts and basic lack of service that have occured since LoR's release?

When the players got a little heated about the changes in dilithium rewards, you said they needed to be more polite.Well, how about you do the polite thing and apologise for the interuptions, inconvienience and downtime?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hakeev's adapted destroyer has an interior in the mission mind games.

Can we please have this interior for the Tal Shiar adapted lock box ships so we can explore our ships beyond the bridge?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.