test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hotbar keeps adding skills.

xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my hot bars, where my Bridge officer abilities in Space keep being re-slotted every time I zone into a new area.

I have to remove these abilities from the bar every time. Is this a known bug or is there an option I have to check to stop this from happening?

Thanks for any help!
sig2dz.jpg
:cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
|
Post edited by xhatch on

Comments

• Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The hotbar will fill in all skills you have in empty slots until they are all distributed.
    I have this issue as well.

My solution is to just switch to hotbar 5-7 to place your skill set up. Those skills will be distributed in tabs 1-3 and won't interefere with empty slots in 5-7.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'll do that, thanks!
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    himble42himble42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to know. This was annoying me as well. I just took those skills out, why are they back again?

Good old STO customers come up with a work around :)
    Himble_zps0106667a.jpg
  • Options
    vrasaajvrasaaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, and given the amount of zoning we do, it gets aggravating clearing my BOff powers every single time.

I prefer my BOff powers to NOT be assigned to any keys, I'd rather just click them. I keep specific abilities or clickies on the power tray, and like to keep the BOff powers on the BOff tray.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had this issue since a long time and still haven't fixed it because me to I need to do that and it so frustrating plus I am a person that likes being organized :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actualy this is a newer bug. Back when they had both the old and new personal tray this was not an issue...you removed an item from the hotbar it was REMOVED.

at some point over the last year they placed a requirement that ALL skills, Weapons and EVERYTHING be in that Personal Tray. This might have come when they removed the old personal tray.

This is true. This is a BUG and needs addressed.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    The hotbar will fill in all skills you have in empty slots until they are all distributed.
    I have this issue as well.

My solution is to just switch to hotbar 5-7 to place your skill set up. Those skills will be distributed in tabs 1-3 and won't interefere with empty slots in 5-7.

Nice tip! I too have that annoyance of boff powers just magically appearing in empty slots. Empty slots I LIKE empty.

This is not a new problem, it's been around since launch (or S1 or S2), if my memory isn't too screwed up.
  • Options
    aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since there are 10 trays each for Ground and Space, I just fill EVERY spot. So Cryptic can't put whatever skill wherever, whenever they like since it's full.

Alas, they found a way to irritate me by randomly swapping my 'Intergral Remodulation' and my Omega 3-piece Stealth ability. But I'm used to checking the ground powers tray every time I enter a ground STF.

Also if you haven't already noticed, if you swap a device... the power in the tray doesn't (it used to prior to S7). So if you swap a Shield battery (on your ship) with an Engine battery (from inventory), it's anyone guess where the Engine battery icon will show up. What's for certain, is that the spot where the Shield battery used to be will stay stubbornly empty (right-click on it, it'll show some nonsensical veteran power or something equally moronic).

To fix this, BEFORE you swap a device/etc, right-click on the relevenat icon (in this case, Shield battery) and drag it off the tray to deliberately empty it (blank does NOT equal 'empty'). Now swap in your new device, if you have filled in ALL the other tray slots... Cryptic has to admit defeat and put in your new device power... where the old one was.

Victory!
  • Options
    smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem, but may have found a fix. I'm not sure if all parts of this are necessary, but it worked for me:

1) Open up Available Skills panel (little button on top right of power tray) and make sure 'Lock Tray' is deselected.

2) Open up Character Status panel (U key, by default), go to 'Stations' screen and clear all your stations.

3) Hit OK on Available Skills panel and close Character Status panel.

4) Open up both panels again, then add back your bridge officers to their stations, one at a time, clearing the skills from the power tray as you add each one.

5) Reposition whatever you want on your power tray to the place where you want it, then select 'Lock Tray' in Available Skills panel, hit OK on there, then close the Character Status panel.

Since then, I've still had the annoyance of getting my space Bridge Officer skills added back onto the power tray if I either retrained or levelled them, but that seems to solve the problem of them popping back on there with every map change.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    smidgy wrote: »
    I had this problem, but may have found a fix. I'm not sure if all parts of this are necessary, but it worked for me:

1) Open up Available Skills panel (little button on top right of power tray) and make sure 'Lock Tray' is deselected.

2) Open up Character Status panel (U key, by default), go to 'Stations' screen and clear all your stations.

3) Hit OK on Available Skills panel and close Character Status panel.

4) Open up both panels again, then add back your bridge officers to their stations, one at a time, clearing the skills from the power tray as you add each one.

5) Reposition whatever you want on your power tray to the place where you want it, then select 'Lock Tray' in Available Skills panel, hit OK on there, then close the Character Status panel.

Since then, I've still had the annoyance of getting my space Bridge Officer skills added back onto the power tray if I either retrained or levelled them, but that seems to solve the problem of them popping back on there with every map change.

Thanks! Seems to work for me!

Too bad none of the Devs is even commenting on this rather embarrassing, old and annoying bug :(
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    himble42 wrote: »
    Good old STO customers come up with a work around :)

Until cryptic finds out that we been useing a work around and say, that cant be...they arent being annoyed, time to change that!
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've had this problem on and off since I started playing in season 2. I sincerely doubt they'll ever fix it.

Easiest way I've found to get around it is to just not remove them from the bars, and instead move them to some bar you don't use, then forget they were ever there. I've got tons of TRIBBLE on my bars 5-7 that I just ignore. They never come back if they're already there!
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
This discussion has been closed.