test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

22nd Century Romulan (TOS) Uniform Bugged

jc89123jc89123 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
There are two issues with this uniform.

1. The collar does not change color and there is no option to change the color of the collar.
2. The pants do not change color regardless of what color you select. This uniform cost me $5.50 so I hope it will be fixed in the next patch.

There are also extra color options for the belt that do absolutely nothing but they don't negatively impact the costume. If you take a look at the color selected for the lower (pants), it's set to F2 but still shows the default color. The collar also has no option to change it and it doesn't change color with the upper part of the uniform, making it look terrible.

Screenshot

Anyone interested in this uniform, I highly suggest waiting to buy it until it is fixed.
Post edited by jc89123 on

Comments

• Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jc89123 wrote: »
    There are two issues with this uniform.

1. The collar does not change color and there is no option to change the color of the collar.
    2. The pants do not change color regardless of what color you select. This uniform cost me $5.50 so I hope it will be fixed in the next patch.

There are also extra color options for the belt that do absolutely nothing but they don't negatively impact the costume. If you take a look at the color selected for the lower (pants), it's set to F2 but still shows the default color. The collar also has no option to change it and it doesn't change color with the upper part of the uniform, making it look terrible.

Screenshot

Anyone interested in this uniform, I highly suggest waiting to buy it until it is fixed.

For the pants...switch lower types to something else....then change the colour for that to what you want...then switch the lowers to 2260s rom stuff :) the colours will apply to the Rom stuff ;)
  • Options
    duphy101duphy101 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone got the helmet to work? the description says the helmet comes with the uniform but i have yet to locate it on the uniform options.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnadreth wrote: »
    For the pants...switch lower types to something else....then change the colour for that to what you want...then switch the lowers to 2260s rom stuff :) the colours will apply to the Rom stuff ;)

Thanks! I will give that a try once the servers come back up.
    duphy101 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the helmet to work? the description says the helmet comes with the uniform but i have yet to locate it on the uniform options.

I have yet to see the helmet also.

Edit: I just tried changing the pants to a different type, setting the color I want, and then changing them back. The colors do not match and aren't even close. The color I am using is F2 but F2 for the top does not match F2 for the pants.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

For the helmet you need to change your head type. :)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    For the helmet you need to change your head type. :)

Speaking of which, I really, REALLY wish the Reman toons could have the option of wearing the helmet. My Reman characters should be able to wear the same helmet that my Romulan characters wear.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I will give that a try once the servers come back up.

Edit: I just tried changing the pants to a different type, setting the color I want, and then changing them back. The colors do not match and aren't even close. The color I am using is F2 but F2 for the top does not match F2 for the pants.

It worked for me :/....the TOS rom Lowers have 2 colour blocks right...now when switching to standard lowers they have 4...they seem to represent different aspects of said uniform,...I made mine all the same colour (A Dark Red :D) so I had 4 blocks of identical colour...I then switched the lower back to TOS rom without touching the colours.
  • Options
    trekpantstrekpants Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few things I'd like to add here:

-To change the color of the helmet, you have to alter the colors on the right wrist attach accessory, which is linked to the helmet.

-The female version of this uniform has an issue where the scarf has a different color palette than the top, which makes it difficult to match.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnadreth wrote: »
    It worked for me :/....the TOS rom Lowers have 2 colour blocks right...now when switching to standard lowers they have 4...they seem to represent different aspects of said uniform,...I made mine all the same colour (A Dark Red :D) so I had 4 blocks of identical colour...I then switched the lower back to TOS rom without touching the colours.

I've noticed that but it's the second color that only changes the color of the 22nd century pants and it uses a different color pallet than the top and the sash. I have yet to get any color the same on the top, botton, and sash because the color pallets are all different.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sort of related: if this outfit is exclusive to Romulan characters, I shouldn't be able to even preview it on a Federation officer, but I was mucking about at a tailor, and was able to do exactly that. I strongly suspect this to be a glitch, because that shirt is the only part of the package I could get to do this.