test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Allow all the new hairstyles for previous races

melisande77melisande77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Of the many things added in the LoR update, I was extremely happy to see new hairstyle options added for Romulans. And while I understand the ones labeled Romulan would be kept for Romulans or alien gen, many of the new great hairstyles, like the Gothic, are restricted. Please Cryptic, open up these hairstyles to the older races. I mention Gothic because it is exactly the kind of hair I would want to have on my Fed character, and it seems silly that she cannot wear it.
Post edited by melisande77 on

Comments

• melisande77melisande77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the top
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

It would be nice to be able to use some of these for my other toons, particularly my Federation Vulcan. She's needed a haircut for a long time now, unfortunately she has very limited choices.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed in general.

Would also like to see the horseshoe and pattern baldness added for all species.

It's good for high forehead species. Romulans have pattern baldness. And so do Federation captains.

I totally get that it isn't a glam style and that there's probably research showing that people want pretty avatars. But it's incredibly Trek... and we have bridge crews to customize too.

It's seriously just the current shaved head, darkened up, and with a mask over the top of the skull. I don't often say, "A dev could do that in five minutes." But in this case, a dev could do the art for it in five minutes. The most substantial work is hooking it up. But it really would require no testing.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. Two of my toons have hairstyles that I seleted purely because "There's nothing better." I've seen a few hairstyles on the romulan side I would gladly apply to these toons.
  • taffarouxtaffaroux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i third this, the new hairstyles should be available for ALL, the single new style given to fed female characters is atrocious and clips like hell.
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More options are always good
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is a LOT that has to be polished on the Character creator....

the UI overhaul was not needed as much as fixing actual options and making stuff available to be used by every species.

PS: the new hair makes the old hair look old.

i want "Hair Tech 2.0" now more than ever. (i remember this being teased in the engineering reports that stopped when F2P started).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. We were supposed to get new hair tech on par with Caitains.. but it hasn't happened yet. I especially feel bad for Klingons.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And every hairstyle for both sexes. Feels too limiting with sex-locked hair. Especially for the 25th century.
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was really looking forward to giving my Vulcan the bowl cut she's always wanted. Sad that her Romulan cousin can have it, but she can't.
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People actually make threads about hair cuts? Open your door, see that? It's called The World.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People actually make threads about hair cuts? Open your door, see that? It's called The World.

It's too bright....
    edited May 2013
    Why should we care about that sort of thing?
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013

Tried that, while the gfx and sound fx are top notch, the plot seriously blows.
    edited May 2013
    Tried the PK yet? Sooo unbalanced.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. We were supposed to get new hair tech on par with Caitains.. but it hasn't happened yet. I especially feel bad for Klingons.

On par with Caitians? We hardly have anything. And what we were given was not what the community asked for.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tarantatsuuchitarantatsuuchi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, and the grind...

Not to mention the permadeath! Really! :P
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    On par with Caitians? We hardly have anything. And what we were given was not what the community asked for.

I was just thinking that too. What I remember was the 'Hair Tech 2.0' was supposed to offer the long hair/manes that we wanted on our Caitians, and as far as I know, it's never surfaced yet. They added a couple quick-and-dirty hairstyles (IMO) but if that was the new tech . . . well . . . count me underwhelmed.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayradyss wrote: »
    I was just thinking that too. What I remember was the 'Hair Tech 2.0' was supposed to offer the long hair/manes that we wanted on our Caitians, and as far as I know, it's never surfaced yet. They added a couple quick-and-dirty hairstyles (IMO) but if that was the new tech . . . well . . . count me underwhelmed.

Yeah, me too. I was really looking forward to new hairstyles, shame they're Rommie only. :(
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot agree with the OP enough. While you're at it:

* Open up the color wheel to all colors. That is, have some parity and consitancybetween the Off Duty and uniform palettes.

* Open up the Off duty uniforms to all factions. If I want a Gorn in a tuxedo, so be it! we already have a circus of cross faction ships anyways...

* The Privateer uniform should be COMPLETELY available to all factions. There's no reason the KDF can't use it, especially in light of the fact many of their NPCS are wearing it!

* open up the sliders a bit for additional scaling: If I want to be tubby or have freakishly large arms, why the heck not? Make it default to the way it is now, but give me an option to take the governors off the sliders!
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anything I could replace the awful Klingon dreads with... bring it on....
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Make the new hairstyles available for more species. :)
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you playa racial klingon, male or female you get a choice of

Bald, Topnot. Dradlocks, dreadlonks braided, dreadlonks tucked behind ear.

5 hair styles, and exactly the same for male or female.

funny, I think about it.. on Klingon personel seen during the run of DS-9 I don't actually recall any Klingon that actually had dreadlocks.. pony tails, yep, multiple money tails, check, Braids and plaits.. lots of those.. Frizzy hair! Lots and lots of frizzy. I even recall a stout Klingon systems engineer with some serious TEXAS style blond frilly locks, cascading down over his shoulders... He even primped! Obviously Klingons ARE style concious..And obviously concerned with esthetics..

Now could we PLEASE get rid of the "foggy View" Klingons bridges...while ya'll are at it.\?
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anything I could replace the awful Klingon dreads with... bring it on....

I've been agitating for some Klingon hairstyles that actually makes sense ever since I went redside. I mean, seriously, Cryptic, where did this dread concept come from? There isn't one single Klingon in one single Trek episode that has them, and yet they make up 90% of our hairstyle choices. And the other 10% (topknot, bald, and ruffled/messy) look just as out of place on Klingons.

Please, devs, I'm begging you. Give us less of this and more of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayradyss wrote: »

Honestly I would love a whole update dedicated to customization. Somehting that would finally bring the long awaited manes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disagree.

Romulans haven't even been out a month yet and the same Feds that want to take everything from the KDF want to do the same to Romulans now.

I want my Romulan to have unique hairstyles others don't have. It helps set them apart from Vulcans and Aliens trying to pose as Romulans. You want Romulan stuff make a Romulan.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Disagree.

Romulans haven't even been out a month yet and the same Feds that want to take everything from the KDF want to do the same to Romulans now.

I want my Romulan to have unique hairstyles others don't have. It helps set them apart from Vulcans and Aliens trying to pose as Romulans. You want Romulan stuff make a Romulan.

He isn't asking for Singularity-Abilities, Romulan Ships or whatever...
    What he is asking for is more natural looking hair. It may shock you, but Hair isn't a Romulan only thingy...

@OP:

/signed

Most of the 'old' hair (regardles of which species) looks like a helmet with hair painted on it :(
    With LoR you brought lots of fantastic new graphics in the game... Now let us use them for our customisation...that would be awsome :D
    edited May 2013
    c0nsi wrote: »
    He isn't asking for Singularity-Abilities, Romulan Ships or whatever...
    What he is asking for is more natural looking hair. It may shock you, but Hair isn't a Romulan only thingy...

@OP:

/signed

Most of the 'old' hair (regardles of which species) looks like a helmet with hair painted on it :(
    With LoR you brought lots of fantastic new graphics in the game... Now let us use them for our customisation...that would be awsome :D

It may shock you but I never mentioned ships or abilities.

There are at least 6 or 7 hairstyles that are Romulan only and they should stay that way so they don't look just like Feds. Factions are supposed to look different. KDF also gets unique hair, so should Romulans.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    It may shock you but I never mentioned ships or abilities.

There are at least 6 or 7 hairstyles that are Romulan only and they should stay that way so they don't look just like Feds. Factions are supposed to look different. KDF also gets unique hair, so should Romulans.

No problem with the Romulan hairstyles (the 'triangle on the forehead' ones, for purpose) staying Romulan Only.
    But there also some 'common' hairstyles (the one with the long hair is one of them)... why not make those availiable for Feds ?
    edited May 2013
    Those are the hairstyles I meant when I said 6 or 7 of them, the long female hairstyles included. Not all Romulan hairstyles are just those 4 short ones, they have been seen on screen with longer hair also, that is why new longer hairstyles were made for them.

My Romulan female is going around with one of those styles. Myself and I am sure others don't want to see everyone with it. So if it is left to Romulans now that is one more incentive to give Romulans a try instead of wanting everything on your Fed.

Feds still have the same or more hairstyles as several of them are not available to Romulans and that should also stay that way. No point in having different factions if we all look the same.