test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Serious balance issues in STF

gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Khitomer Space (Elite)

Donatra seems to cloak every few seconds, making it agonizing to get any damage done to her. At times, the vessel will cloak and reappear almost 30km away! At that range, I cannot even reach her at full impulse to get a shot in before she cloaks again.

Infected Space (Elite)

The Nanite Spheres appear to be moving much faster than they used to. Not sure if this was intentional.

Cure Space (Elite)

The Assimilated Borg Raptors have a grandly reduced cooldown on their Evasive Maneuvers. Not sure if this was intentional either.

This is a complaint coming from someone who has been doing STFs for well over a year. Until expansion day, - taking my high grade gear into account as well - doing an STF was a walk in the park for me. I can only imagine how much of a nightmare new Elite players are going through right now.
Post edited by gibsonunderscore on

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Khitomer Space (Elite)

Donatra seems to cloak every few seconds, making it agonizing to get any damage done to her. At times, the vessel will cloak and reappear almost 30km away! At that range, I cannot even reach her at full impulse to get a shot in before she cloaks again.

While fighting Donatra all ships should be at least 5km distant from her. Get closer than this and she usually cloaks.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the 5 km rule is back in effect
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Donatra still seems to cloak when you are over 5k away since that patch a few weeks ago, but it does seem to take longer for her to cloak if you stay 5k away.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A team of us engaged her and stayed over 5 km away. She cloaked 3 times.
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    destructible torps and pets need to stay 5km away too
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How are you supposed to keep combat pets and torpedoes away from her? I don't think that was design-intended.

Either way, it looks like I'll be steering clear from STFs until these balance problems are solved.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are other issues I've noticed:

1-Borg Tachyon Beam is draining an INSANE amount of shields. On my Ha'nom, it drains over SIXTY PERCENT of my shields. This is with 6/9 Insulators.

2-Along the same note, the Borg Shield Killer is draining insane levels of shields. You will typically be out of shields in a couple of seconds.

3-Borg Torpedo damage is ALOT higher. I've been taking over 50,000 damage from NORMAL TORPEDOES. With 2 Purple MK12 Neutronium, and 9/9 in skill.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't complain to much. They just needed to adjust space STFs a bit in order to keep them hard. Can you honestly tell me you can't get the optionals anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please dont post if you dont have anything constructive to say. It is so badly bugged right now that SCIENCE VESSELS with OVER 15000 Shields are getting drained in only A FEW SECONDS.
  • Options
    colonelsinkcolonelsink Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we please slow down the Raptors in Cure Space? Thier evassive manuvers spam is s crazy.
  • Options
    m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not just stf's... I also noticed in regular missions that ships seems to be moving alot faster...
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we sure it is evasive maneuvers? It is probably the changes to EPTE... a lot of NPC ships use it and the speed buff now lasts 30 seconds instead of 5.
  • Options
    m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, it is evasive maneuvres... I should have put that in my other post... Or its the change to the Emergency Power To X system... Either way, there is a definite difference in (npc) ship behaviour...

Now, in missions its not that bad. It just takes a little longer to kill ships, but like in Infected Space where you can get swarmed by probes and spheres I can see where the frustration comes from.

A gravity well is no longer capable of stopping such ships... About the only thing now is Tractor beam repulsors that is viable to push them ships away from the transformer.

ps; I havent done any stf's yet since the expansion and since the latest patches...

I wont comment any further...
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EPTE spheres now race about like hamsters on crack, but all the customary tricks work to keep them under control, and STFs are not really significantly worse than before, even pugging. Quit crying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I wouldn't complain to much. They just needed to adjust space STFs a bit in order to keep them hard. Can you honestly tell me you can't get the optionals anyway.

Your assertion is based on them being difficult before and less difficult as the game progressed. However, the only real change is that more players have the advanced STF gear.

What about the people who do not yet have that gear? They are now fighting a pretty hopeless fight.

And yes, I can honestly say, with my Adapted MACO gear, my plasma Borg killing set up and my year-plus experience, that I should be able to take a seasoned group into any of the space STFs and mop the floor with them. I busted my TRIBBLE like other people to get to the point where the mission is easy. And now, I am not getting the optionals. I haven't gotten an optional since launch day last weekish.

If they want to make a challenging STF, make a new STF. Don't f*k around with the old ones. What are the less experienced players supposed to do?
    EPTE spheres now race about like hamsters on crack, but all the customary tricks work to keep them under control, and STFs are not really significantly worse than before, even pugging. Quit crying.

Have a few cracks at Donatra and come back with that attitude.
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you supposed to keep combat pets and torpedoes away from her? I don't think that was design-intended.

Either way, it looks like I'll be steering clear from STFs until these balance problems are solved.

AFAIK, this is only if you have aggro. If she's not locked onto you, you can get as close-in as you want, but the closer in you get, the more damage you'll do, and thus you'll tend to generate more threat that way. If she suddenly switches to you and you're close in, she cloaks.

It's also why you can let your fighters and plasma torps get nice and close in without her cloaking all the time, since it'd be a cold day in hell when one of your pets takes aggro from a player.
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    Your assertion is based on them being difficult before and less difficult as the game progressed. However, the only real change is that more players have the advanced STF gear.

What about the people who do not yet have that gear? They are now fighting a pretty hopeless fight.

And yes, I can honestly say, with my Adapted MACO gear, my plasma Borg killing set up and my year-plus experience, that I should be able to take a seasoned group into any of the space STFs and mop the floor with them. I busted my TRIBBLE like other people to get to the point where the mission is easy. And now, I am not getting the optionals. I haven't gotten an optional since launch day last weekish.

If they want to make a challenging STF, make a new STF. Don't f*k around with the old ones. What are the less experienced players supposed to do?

Have a few cracks at Donatra and come back with that attitude.

lolz ive been running estfs just fine on my romulan with less than stellar gear. only just today got elite fleet shields and the rest of it is random mkx-xii stuff I had laying around and a few pieces of stock gear that came with the ship. stf's were never difficult to begin with, annoying with magic 1 shot invisible torps, sure... but difficult naw, even with the spheres running around all over the place, not that big of a deal. The most difficult part of stf's are the players that are there with you in most cases. best solution to that is don't pug.
  • Options
    dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EPTE spheres now race about like hamsters on crack, but all the customary tricks work to keep them under control

I've seen multiple people say that GW no longer holds them, so apparently not all the tricks still work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GW can still hold them, but its harder, since EPTE gives a temp. speed boost. The Borg Raptors are a bigger problem, they spam EPTE so much its like the skill has almost no cooldown.
  • Options
    ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GW can still hold them, but its harder, since EPTE gives a temp. speed boost.

The speed boost is for the whole duration now. 30 seconds of them speeding around. Unless you want to use subnucleonic beam GW wont stop them now, you have to wait the 30 seconds or you're just wasting a cooldown. I'm not complaining though, I just have to use a different tactic, the only probem I have with that is that the spheres in infected tend to race to the gate and stuck themselves in a weird position where you can't shoot them even though it looks like you have a clear line of sight.
    And the raptors? Damn they're pretty deadly now. Multiple times they charged at me with that speed boost just to send a heavy plasma torpedo less than a 1 km away from me. Half the time I'm not even sure what happened :D