test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Various Bugs

ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
These are bugs or feature changes that have made the quality of life worse.

1.) Why does the entire screen fade to a darker shade when you attempt to purchase something that gives you a prompt (Ok/Cancel)? This feature makes it hard to buy a lot of things quickly (DO boxes from your starbase for example). The prompt buttons (Ok/Cancel) do not enable until the fade completes.

2.) The color gradient in the Duty Officer (DO) portrait in the assignments pane does not help the user. Why have little tick marks in the lower left corner of the portrait AND a color gradient for the border? The gradient makes it harder to quickly discern quality (try scrolling up or down quickly). By default, on the KDF side, the border is red. When you apply a blue color gradient, guess what color you get at one end of the spectrum? Purple.

3.) Revisit the color palette for the color scheme called 'Klingon Classic - No Red Alert'. Open the DO assignments window. Look at the pane for active DO slotting. The currently selected slot will highlight the requirements background in BRIGHT YELLOW. This color makes it difficult to easily read the trait requirements that are rendered in BRIGHT GREEN. Note: I run with my brightness set to 139%

4.) The keybind (and ui button) for Full Throttle activates your quantum Slipstream if it is available. If it isn't available, it just sets the throttle to full. Frequently I want to go to full throttle but not use my Quantum Slipstream. If this doesn't get fixed, I am going to have to drag the slider (never going to happen) or jam the go faster button a bunch of times. This is inconvenient and annoying.

5.) Overall I am not impressed with the UI changes. Just look at the layouts for your dialogs. It is sloppy and not well defined. Slapping gradients on active selections is not a good solution. Define your panes with bevels or shading or something. It all just looks too cheaply implemented. If I could go back to the old UI scheme I would do it in a second. It would probably mean losing all of the wonderful character & ship rendering improvements, but I would take that tradeoff.
Post edited by ironchefbbq on

Comments

• genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1.) Just a note on point 1: The old UI did that too, just quicker.

2.) Haven't looked at DOFF system, but it sounds like this could be problematic.

3.) I like the new UI and probably won't be using the classic design, but again two different bright colors in proximity against a dark background are difficult on the eyes.

4.) I haven't played too much with my lvl 50s, but I imagine that this is going to end up being annoying. Hitting the button once should bring you to full throttle. Hitting the button a second time should make you go full impulse/quantum slipstream.

5.) I stayed on Tribble almost exclusively since the Open beta. I got too used to the new UI. I don't think I would willingly choose the old one over the new. There's just a few minor things that need ironed out and a little time for people to get used to the new one. Remember that this was designed after the interfaces on the shows. None of those had bevels or shading. Then again, there weren't gradients either.
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4-A.) Quantum Slipstream does not behave as it did prior to the 5/21 update. Prior to the update, you could slow down/stop/reverse with the slipstream effect for the entire 30 seconds. Now you can get in a state (slowing or reversing, not quite sure what triggers it) where the slipstream effect gets negated (or the graphic goes away) before the 30 seconds fully elapse.

6.) I have crashed twice so far. Once on 5/23 and once today. Both times involved the Defend Rh'Ihho Station scenario. On 5/23 the crash occurred at what I think might be the transition between saving the engineers and killing the predator (I had a facehugger on me at the time). Today the crash occurred immediately after returning to the First City when I opened my Duty Officer window to collect finished assignments. Both times the game freezes, dumps out to the desktop and you get the error report dialog for ~5 seconds.

7.) Sharing UI color schemes across all characters on an account is wrong. It looks wrong and feels wrong.

8.) In the Azure Nebula Rescue scenario, the Low Priority update button for disabling the tractor beam does not flow the button text properly. The 'D' appears under the radial button. The Low Priority window is in the default position at the default size. I run at 1920x1200.

I would like to reiterate that if I could default back to the old UI look and feel I would do it in an instant. I don't see myself ever getting used to the new version or ever liking it.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The starting screen is bugged...

1) sometimes i see my shuttle instead of my ship, but just with one char and only till i click on another char, and then back
    2) sometimes i see one of my chars no matter which one i click, and it wears a strange uniform i never designed and it has no hair^^
    3) some of my chars dont show their class/faction logo

and in general i have a new issue:

in my event queue there are many of the events called "9th".. while i have a char thats in a fleet that is or was accociated with the 9th fleet, the char i'm experiencing this on is not and never was. and thus far its only this one char.. i can join queues and stuff, but somehow every second or third queue is named "9th" for example gorn, starbase incursion ....
    also the UI flashes/flickeres strangely.. really weird bug

also i keep getting dropped from missions, not always, but still often enough
    edited May 2013
    9.) In the vendor UI when I sell a stack of something, the Select Amount prompt does not render the number field properly. The number field is too small to completely render all of the digits. This happens for stacks that max out at double and triple digits.

10.) The Bank selector dialog (for Fed & KDF) renders part of the chat bubble behind the picture. Also, the picture itself is just some wall with an insignia/crest. There is no NPC portrait to indicate who/what is talking (i.e. the source fo the chat bubble).
    edited May 2013
    11.) I usually play 1-3 hours at a time. Tonight I was doing choice marks scenarios during the bonus marks event for about an hour. After I was done with that I beamed from the Academy to First city to sell my trash to the bartender. I bought some first aid commodities and ran over to the personal equipment vendor to buy large shields. I think I clicked on the vendor to start interacting when the game crashed out with a Direct3D failure (this is the first time this has ever happened). I am using a NVidia 9800 GT driver - 9.18.13.1106

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating a texture.

Technical Details: E_OUTOFMEMORY while creating 2D texture size 2048 x 2048 (12 mips, RTEX_DXT5), 857.14 MB RAM, 179.08 MB virtual space available.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please wait a short while and attempt to log in again. (TM)

Edit: Day 3
    /Floozy
    edited May 2013
    12.) Duty Officer Assignment dialog does not render the department head picture properly. Plan an assignment, drag the left or right side handle of the dialog to make it larger. The department head's portrait starts to tile.

13.) In the Duty Officer Assignment dialog, the recommended DOs jitter up and down when there are only two valid options. Plan an assignment, select a position that has only two valid DO recommendations. The list of the two DOs jitters up and down. There is no slider to move up/down. They just jitter up and down in the dialog pane.
  • killershade4killershade4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    14.)Game crashes every time when you have DO assignments window opened and you attempt to change map in sector space.
    15.)In DO window DO roster tab when you scroll down you cant scroll up to line with "tactical" and "collapse all" buttons-they just vanish or stay below the filter options.
    16.)In DO window DO roster tab when when you have just a few doffs filtered all from civilian department you cant scroll all the way down, when you reach last doff the scroll bar returns back up.

ad 13.)This happens most often when you have chosen interface scale in options lower then 1.00, many things then shakes up and down.
  • nx89nx89 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When playing through the Romulan missions I've noticed that the visual part of the larger dialog prompt shows a completely different officer than the one who's supposed to be speaking. I first noticed this when I'd slotted the Starter Pack Reman Tac BOFF onto the relevant bridge slot - when Tovan's dialog came up - it showed my Reman TAC but mentioned Tovan by name and had his voice-over. Am just playing through "Gasko Blues" and am at the prison cell bit. Again Tovan's dialog comes up even though he's not on my away team but now the picture is a Bolian!

Is anyone else aware of this issue? Totally don't understand why this is happening! It's not a major thing I know but it's really weird! Hopefully this bug can get squished soon. :)

Other than that, great job from what I've seen and played so far.
    edited May 2013
    17.) I have a problem with getting whammied in the Vault Ensnared. When the scenario starts, I go CCW to free friendly ships. Somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd group I get whammied by some power that: reduces my shield power to 0, the screen gets all fuzzy like I have been sensor scrambled, I can't go to full impulse cruising speed. This whammy last somewhere around 3 minutes and persists well after I get out of combat. Nothing seems to fix the issue except waiting it out. Targeted battery use, Science/Engr/Tac Team, Hazzard Emitters do not work. This has happened to me in the last few times I have run The Vault Ensnared. it has never happened to me outside of that scenario (and I have run daily space missions and other space STFs).
  • aza76aza76 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    18) if you decide to join the klingons and then have a look at your R&D progress, you see only phaser weapons can be build, but as klingon it should be disruptors.
    not really a game breaker for me since i already have a maxed out toon for every faction, but a bug nonetheless.
    besides i would have liked to see low level plasma weapons for romulan players in R&D, which would have made sense and actually be an incentive for people to skill the R&D on their romulan toons...
  • fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    19) May be by design, but if so is a terrible design-choice: Romulan BOffs (at least KDF-affiliated ones) cannot be trained by other faction-affiliated races (non-Romulans). With the extremely low number of Romulan BOffs available, this makes them marginally useless later on in the game (they can't get BO3, Aux2SIF3, or any other non-captain-trainable staples).

The Reman reward BOff can train or be trained by other faction-affiliated BOffs, so other Romulan/Reman boffs should be trainable as well, right?
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is my third time back to this game since closed beta. Became interested again when learning of the Romulan addition. I still cannot create a new thread in the forums so I apologize for replying here, but I have no real alternative.

I have been reporting this since Day 1. The keybinds are still messed up in this game. I cannot believe I am the only person who has noticed this and it goes unfixed to this day. Can a dev please have this fixed in the next patch? I mean, it is a 5-minute fix at most. Oh sure, I can work around the issue by changing my keybinds and creating them backwards, but I should not have to do this. Still don't get it? I'll elaborate:

The space keybinds for PITCH UP and PITCH DOWN are backwards. PITCH UP means you want the ship's front to move upward when you press a button, not downward, that is PITCH DOWN.

The camera zoom binds are backwards too. ZOOM IN means things should become larger in your view, not smaller. That is the whole idea of zooming IN. And where is the bind for ZOOM IN FAST? You have:

Zoom In Slow
    Zoom Out Slow
    Zoom In Medium
    Zoom Out Medium
    Zoom Out Fast

No "Zoom In Fast".
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
    edited May 2013
    20.) Missing DI from DO assignments and Rep rewards. I logged in, collected my completed DO assignments, queued for Mine Field, started to collect Rep rewards, queue popped, accepted the queue and continued to collect rep rewards. I collected two Omega & two Romulus. I started to repopulate the reputation tasks. The Nukara tasks were still running. With the Rep window up, I zoned to the Mine Field. I completed the Mine Field and collected Romulus + Fleet marks and then zoned back to First City. I then checked my unrefined Dilithium and it was zeroed out. My refined count for the day was 0/8000. At no point during this game session did I refine any Dilithium. There should have been 960+ unrefined DI waiting to get processed.
    edited May 2013
    21.) The Zoom scale for the Area Map of Regulus & Sirius Sector Blocks is wrong. It is zoomed too far in. You can't zoom far enough out to see the entire block.

22.) Why do the zoning/transition screens look like a dirty windshield that has had the wipers run a few times? There is a clean arc in the lower right corner of the screen. The remaining portion of the screen is all hazy/dirty.

23.) When switching characters, the last active chat tab is not respected. Let's say you have two characters, named Bob and Jen.
    In order from left to right, Bob has four channels named: "Chat", "Teaming", "Everything", "Fleetz".
    In order from left to right, Jen has four channels named: "DI Talk", "My Fleet", "Chat", "Gornography".
    As an example, Bob logs out with "Fleetz" as the active chat tab. You log in as Jen and "Gornography" is the active chat tab. You swap to "My Fleet" to talk to people a bit and decide to swap characters back. You log in as Bob and the active chat tab is "Teaming".
    The game remembers the positional chat tab from the last game session, but it does not remember the last chat tab for that specific character. It is a simple matter of one extra click to swap to the proper chat tab, but it is annoying (extra exposure to ESD chat...).
    edited May 2013
    24.) It takes five clicks to get rewards from Mark Packages. (1) right click, (2) Use, (3) Choose, (4) Accept, (5) Ok. It is a bit cumbersome to go through all of that, but understandable given the mechanic employed. Why do you need to spawn a separate dialog at the end to make us click 'Ok'? It isn't like we can change anything at that point. I know it allows you to register the bonus fleet marks, but that could be handled via a status message. Also why do you give a second Marks Package at the end of Vault Ensnared that provides such a tiny little reward? It is an extra five click to replicate exactly what I did for the main reward.
    edited June 2013
    ST.30.20130513a.29

25.) Button misalignment in the Duty Officer Assignments dialog. DO Assignments -> Plan Assignment. The "Display Entire Reserve Roster" button is aligned to the bottom of the dialog.

26.) Crash while swapping characters. Log in, select KDF character, click Play. Zone in to Betreka, collect completed DO assignments, collect Nukara Rep tasks, set new Nukara tasks (partially fill, timer not running), refine DI. Transwarp to Q'onos, goto First City. Sold stuff to the Bartender, bought some commodities. Pulled down some commodities from Account Bank, dumped loot into my Character Bank. Main Menu -> Change Character -> Select Fed -> Play. Collect DO assignments and set some new ones. Beam to Academy, do Lore dailies, refine DI, Beam to Sector Space. Buy Astrometric Probes from cargo vendor, fly back to ESD to dump them into Account Bank. Main Menu -> Change Character -> Select KDF -> Play => CRASH