test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Btw devs thank you for stargate command!

jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
Donno why i just noticed this but the mission revelations is basicly stargate command from SG-1. Nicely done!
Post edited by jtoney3448 on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Glad to be of service.
    Chevron 1 is locked . . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Glad to be of service.
    Chevron 1 is locked . . .

Thanks Taco!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this was intended, then thanks. ;)

If it's merely a coincidental similarity, lucky us. :P
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /facepalm

Why didn't I see that until you mentioned it!?

..gah!
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was COOL!!!! :D

BTW Taco....awesome sig :P and i Officially took the name of your D'D :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    I built Taris' base. We knew she had an Iconian Gateway. The designer on that level had a rough layout drawn up, and wanted a room for the gate, and a control room overlooking it. The comparison was kind of inevitable from there, but we did play it up a bit.

The Iconian Gateway also had to look like *they* (Taris' people) had built it. So we wanted it to be surrounded by Romulan tech. As it happened, we had a nice shape in some of the hallway supports already, so I stole those, and built up stuff around it.

*Did you guys catch the borg tech stuff in the wall behind the gateway? Taris uses whatever tech she thinks will be useful.*
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't notice in my first pass during beta, but I did stop and admire the handiwork the second run through... truly a scarey thing, mixing all that tech.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed a very nice touch for Stargate fans. I actually took a screenshot of it from the Closed Beta just in case it got changed or I didn't encounter it again for some reason. :)

Signed, a fan of both at about the same level of fandom. ;)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is the blast shutters?

Not SGC without the Blast Shutters! ;)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe a Romulan Walter operating the thing?
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe a Romulan Walter operating the thing?

Funnily enough, the captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise was a descendant of Walter... :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought this thread was about THE Stargate Command on android market:D
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lol what about a titanium Iris, gotta keep the goa'uld out lol
    Sto%20Final.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needs an iris
    borgx666 wrote: »

BTW, I think the post season 6 Iris is a Trinium Iris
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Did you guys catch the borg tech stuff in the wall behind the gateway? Taris uses whatever tech she thinks will be useful.*

Yes, and also the walkway abruptly ending righ 'behind' the gate, the smoke/vapor coming out, ...

And to top it all, the stargate,... er, gateway, leads us directly to "Mind Games", the best mission in STO (I've just played it for the first time with the VO, excellent!).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I built Taris' base. [/COLOR]*

I read that so differently, my mind saw " I build TARDIS base " you don't know how much my heart leaped for joy, than I reread it and the feels where felt for light-years
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I was there I was saying to myself that it looked familiar but I couldn't place it. It's been so long sense I've seen SG-1 that it didn't instantly click. Well done T'cofang!
  • linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh good so it wasn't just me... during that mission, I was looking around, waiting to see if Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c would come through the gate... :)

Nicely done :)

I noticed earlier how the Bajoran temple entrance on DS9 seemed kind of like a stargate... but now this thing basically IS a stargate, with a Romulan-esqe SGC to boot.

I even did a photochop of the Bajoran temple entrance, added the "puddle", made the symbols around the circle glow, etc.
    http://i.imgur.com/vXCvN.jpg

"Unscheduled off-world activation!" *WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP*
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I built Taris' base. We knew she had an Iconian Gateway. The designer on that level had a rough layout drawn up, and wanted a room for the gate, and a control room overlooking it. The comparison was kind of inevitable from there, but we did play it up a bit.

The Iconian Gateway also had to look like *they* (Taris' people) had built it. So we wanted it to be surrounded by Romulan tech. As it happened, we had a nice shape in some of the hallway supports already, so I stole those, and built up stuff around it.

Its not the same since the DHD was at the gate LOL :D
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Donno why i just noticed this but the mission revelations is basicly stargate command from SG-1. Nicely done!

That was the first thing I noticed during Closed Beta. I thought it was hilarious, and a nice homage to a great series. :)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance "Ground Zero" and "Taris" will be updated to accommodate this?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's kind of obvious when you see the assimilation of the floor plates. :)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borgx666 wrote: »

Hmm, guess it was too complicated for the Taco.

That or he'll tell us it was there, we just didn't see it because the gateway was in use and outbound. :P