test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts; please try again later

arcslayer0arcslayer0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
This is the error that I'm getting when I try to log in at the patcher to either STO or NW. I got this the first time I tried to log in today and have been trying every couple of hours with no change. Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how long it should take before the patcher should think it's been "long enough" for me to attempt logging in again. Or if anyone knows if there is a way to manually unlock this lockout.
Post edited by arcslayer0 on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    I'm also getting this in both games. Odd because I logged in successfully maybe 4 hours ago or so.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • comashcomash Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, i feel like the stability of the game just gets worst, well bugs like the sound bug you get from star fleet defense or false tholian alerts, or a real old bug since the release of the game from episode "Under the Cover of Night" where on solo play it never updates to finish at the end, teaming worked. Then there's this other episode where they change alignments and your away team kills you vice versa. Once they had a bug that allowed you to have every single boff skill in the book that took them months to fix. Not to mention the lag recently...To make things worst release is very soon should really mess things up with no hope of getting these current bugs fixed.

Too many attempts; please try again later.

Point is, don't assume it's on your end, assume it's on them and they "might" fix it IF it stops you from buying stuff. And i have serious doubts they ever read these submissions.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    I was assuming it meant too many log in attempts from my account, which led me to further assume it was some kind of hacking attempt since I hadn't logged in for 4-5 hours.

That may not have been what it was, I'm no expert. In any case I was able to log in this morning just fine.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • neotanrimneotanrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting that message in the launcher when I try to login. Is this just an issue with too many people flooding the game at once or is it more serious? Everything was working fine this morning. Came back a little bit ago and all I'm getting is that now.
  • dagada2dagada2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am now getting this issue today. either someone is trying to hack accounts or my launcher is broken somehow. i have tried everything to get the game to work again. also says this with my neverwinter launcher.
  • dagada2dagada2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any of you find a work around that works for this issue ?
  • nticunticu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats the message i get from the Cryptic launcher when trying to log in. This happens with STO, CO, and NW. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • admsimadmsim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I am having the same issue right now. Been having this issue for the last hour. Did not have it this morning when I logged in to check on my toons. IDK what the deal is but I also have an account issue were my sub was canceled by the system and then reset my vet days from 688 to 352.

I re-subbed through a different payment option but support still hasn't responded and by vet days are still way off.
    "STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the above error when I try to log in. Says the same thing for Neverwinter and STO. I changed my password just in case, but does anyone have any explanation?

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tovalbainntovalbainn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I try to log in on any of my 5 accounts for STO I get this message even tried different computers in the house and still get the same thing Devs please respond with a Fix 3 out of 5 of my accounts are gold
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I, the disgruntled lifer has to say, is:
    "Please wait a short while and attempt to log in again." (TM)
    /Floozy
  • sovereign256sovereign256 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the exact same error as well. I was booted from STO while switching maps and when I tried to log back in, I was given this same message, that there were too many tries and to try again later. Submitted a ticket about it to PW as I can't get into STO to submit a ticket that way; my worry is that it was caused by someone trying to brute-force my password and such.
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same issue. I've used my username and email, and changed passwords just in case. It's been a day and still going. Should I have anything to worry about? It would be real nice if this could be resolved. Any info will be good!

:edit: Reset my router and computer but I still get the same problem.

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peletrionpeletrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem.
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay I'm confused.. I mean seriously lately the technical issues with this game have been beyond farsical. Im a patient person but your testing even my resolve.

You guys took the servers down a few hours back for "EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE" which is apparently now done, however upon opening the launcher and attempting to login in I am IMMEDIATELY rebuffed with a message of

"Too many attempts, please try again later".

How exactly does ONE attempt qualify as too many attempts and just how many is TOO MANY attempts to login into a game of which you are a VIP member?

Seriously Cryptic you need to get on top of these login issues as this is beyond a joke.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, was not having it prior to the Emergency maintenance.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neowolfen wrote: »
    Okay I'm confused.. I mean seriously lately the technical issues with this game have been beyond farsical. Im a patient person but your testing even my resolve.

You guys took the servers down a few hours back for "EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE" which is apparently now done, however upon opening the launcher and attempting to login in I am IMMEDIATELY rebuffed with a message of

"Too many attempts, please try again later".

How exactly does ONE attempt qualify as too many attempts and just how many is TOO MANY attempts to login into a game of which you are a VIP member?

Seriously Cryptic you need to get on top of these login issues as this is beyond a joke.

That's the launcher update check timing out error. If it persists you may try downloading the launcher directly from http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe
    edited May 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    That's the launcher update check timing out error. If it persists you may try downloading the launcher directly from http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

I already have the latest launcher, it makes no difference to the issue i mention above which prior to the emergency maintenance a few hours ago didnt exist at all for me.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neowolfen wrote: »
    I already have the latest launcher, it makes no difference to the issue i mention above which prior to the emergency maintenance a few hours ago didnt exist at all for me.

Hmm only time's I've seen that error [that I can recall off hand] were CO launch, STO beta and launch. Times when the patch server just got obliterated. I may be thinking of a different incident, since that wasn't immediate, just accompanied the white box of waiting.
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's possible that someone has been trying to guess your password. Other than that, I have no idea.
    edited May 2013
    It's possible that someone has been trying to guess your password. Other than that, I have no idea.

Possible but unlikely as Im not the only one having this exact issue post "emergency maintenance" earlier. There are a bunch of us over in the tech support thread but Cryptic as ever is nowhere to be seen.

I should also note this new error hasnt just screwed log in for STO but also prevent me logging into champions ad Neverwinter too.

So thier latest technical blunder is TRIBBLE me for THREE games not just this one.
  • amanohabakiriamanohabakiri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here
  • admsimadmsim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I tested this out while I was still having this issue last night and my suspicions of this not being on my end were confirmed. I tried using an old username and password that no longer works to log into the game and got the same error when I should have gotten the invalid username and password text.

From what I could see, the launcher backend connection to the account server was the problem. It cleared for me about 8 hours later as I was able to log into my account from the PC having the problem.

I tried later on after I got home on a different PC and the issue never popped up. So best I could figure, the account server was having problems and they cleared up for me.
    "STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
  • rehmanparehmanpa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I was playing STO and I was trying to beam in to ESD. And then I DC'd and it said:
    To Many Attempts; Please Try again Later. So what excatley does this mean? And when will Cryptic fix this? Or is just me? If somebody could please help me that would be appreciated :)
  • stvglrstvglr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue... I played the game normally after today's maintainance( 07:00 AM,PST ), but i can't login the last hour cause of this problem...Any solution yet?
    Hope this issue doesn't last for days, i have an active subscription...
  • ksaplostras13ksaplostras13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had the same problem , restarted the router and i was able to login in.
    hope it works for you.
  • mithie3mithie3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It means their db is being overloaded by queries, generally caused by over-utilization.

Wait 5 minutes and try again - generally fixes it for me.
  • godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same thing but i tried to re download game and still don't work started at 100 pm for me now it 1130 pm and still cant get on left a ticket but now anwser
  • mithie3mithie3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same thing but i tried to re download game and still don't work started at 100 pm for me now it 1130 pm and still cant get on left a ticket but now anwser

What part of the world are you from?
  • godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usa Illinois