test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission: "Everything Old is New" bugged. Unable to finish.

maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First bug: missing dialog prevents you from getting the Cunning and Guile accolade (Fed side). On stepping outside the room with the console, you have no other choice but attack no matter how many times you click on Talk to Security Team.

There used to be an option that said "We are on the other security team. The intruders ambushed us and took our uniforms!" so you could talk your way out of the jam in order to avoid attacking the officers, but now it's gone.

Second bug: after completing all mission objectives (including optionals) and clicking on "Return to Your Own Time", you get back to Drozana only to find yourself in front of the mission startup panel and the option Continue: Shenanigans. I went back in a second and third time and still the mission wouldn't complete. I then chose to drop the mission, retake it and do it all over again, only to end up with the same result.

Wasted the better part of an hour in there, plus the time it takes to write this tiresome (and pointless?) posts.

Patience is spread very, very thin.

Cheers.
Post edited by maltinpolar on

Comments

• ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the old Drozana station has a different floorplan/layout than the present-day Drozana station....
  • eggowongeggowong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting. I just completed this very mission about 12 hours ago and didn't have a problem with it. I didn't even realize there was an accolade attached to using the Diplomatic option until I chose it (prior to LoR, I was still at Diplomatic Rank 2 so I was never able to use the option to talk my way out of the firefight).
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First bug: missing dialog prevents you from getting the Cunning and Guile accolade (Fed side). On stepping outside the room with the console, you have no other choice but attack no matter how many times you click on Talk to Security Team.

There used to be an option that said "We are on the other security team. The intruders ambushed us and took our uniforms!" so you could talk your way out of the jam in order to avoid attacking the officers, but now it's gone.

Second bug: after completing all mission objectives (including optionals) and clicking on "Return to Your Own Time", you get back to Drozana only to find yourself in front of the mission startup panel and the option Continue: Shenanigans. I went back in a second and third time and still the mission wouldn't complete. I then chose to drop the mission, retake it and do it all over again, only to end up with the same result.

Wasted the better part of an hour in there, plus the time it takes to write this tiresome (and pointless?) posts.

Patience is spread very, very thin.

Cheers.

In order to get that option to appear and get the accolade for not attacking anything (Fed side) you have to have rank 3 diplomacy. As can be seen here for the 'Cunning and Guile' accolade http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Everything_Old_is_New#Accolades
  • jeraqmoridinjeraqmoridin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just finished running through that same problem on the mission, and have boiled it down to one of two things to complete "Shenanigans":

A) once you get the "cure" with McCoy, follow him as he goes to speak to the station commander in the other room. I didn't do this on the first two runs through, there's no interaction on your part, so I'm not positive if this counts as missing any portion of the mission or not.

B) more importantly, when you create the portal at the end of Shinanigans, and the enemies appear. After you've dispatched them, your 2 NPC companions will fire on the portal and kill it. The 3rd time I ran through this I pulled them off before they could destroy the portal (click the button on each of their health status icon to put them into passive mode).

After doing both of these (although my money's more on B than A) the misison ended and updated as it should.