test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quantum SlipStream Drive stops when going into Next Sector

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Quantum Slipstream Drive stops when going into Next Sector when there is time left. Not sure if this is now working as Intended or it is Broken. Sure will hamper Tour of the universe. Please Investigate.:)
Post edited by starmanj on

Comments

• Options
    en40rceren40rcer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has been like that since I started playing back in November 2012, so I don't think any any current content changed that. So, you only hit the slipstream icon when you have the whole sector to travel across.

Now, I am still a relative new guy, so maybe those that have been around longer can also advise.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    en40rcer wrote: »
    It has been like that since I started playing back in November 2012, so I don't think any any current content changed that.

Um... No, no it hasn't. I used QSD a couple of days before LOR launch and it worked just as it always had. Only today I noticed the bug described by the op.
    So, you only hit the slipstream icon when you have the whole sector to travel across.

Not cool.
    Now, I am still a relative new guy, so maybe those that have been around longer can also advise.

I've been playing for over a year now, and I do Tour the Galaxy at least twice a week with each of my two Fed toons. Today it's the first time I see that happening.

Cheers.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2013
    perhaps u switched out engines? I did that and after LOR released I too see the slipstream not continuing once I move to a new sector.

maybe switching back to the slower drive woudld again allow it to continue?
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    perhaps u switched out engines? I did that and after LOR released I too see the slipstream not continuing once I move to a new sector.

maybe switching back to the slower drive woudld again allow it to continue?

That sounds plausible. Same thing happened to me. I cannot verify the solution because I am willing to endure the slipstream limitation for the faster drive.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    That sounds plausible. Same thing happened to me. I cannot verify the solution because I am willing to endure the slipstream limitation for the faster drive.

true, but switching it out for the older one is a simple enough test to validate my theory as i still possess the earlier drive where SSD did traverse sector transfers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    true, but switching it out for the older one is a simple enough test to validate my theory as i still possess the earlier drive where SSD did traverse sector transfers.

tested out my theory, turns out no, it is indeed a bug, using the older engines still does not carry over remaining SSD time from sector to sector...darn LOR bugs:mad:
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've always had QSD stop when changing sectors or within seconds of entering a new sector, thats nothing new. It's only a time limited use and once that time runs out it stops...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    I've always had QSD stop when changing sectors or within seconds of entering a new sector, thats nothing new. It's only a time limited use and once that time runs out it stops...

Not before LoR launched. I can confirm this bug. I could enter a new sector with 16 or so seconds left on quantum slipstream drive and it would still be active giving me a short boost through the sector.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,156 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, I noticed this bug today too when I finally caught a "Tour the Galaxy" event (I usually just let the ship fly whilst I go make a cup of tea) and I thought something had changed. Yet my entire ship setup has been the same for a while now.

Kinda makes the extended 60-second QSSD on the Odyssey & Vesta's redundant. :(
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too have noticed this.. More so when flying the Vesta with Chroniton slipstream (1 minute of slipstream). From sol to eta eridani border 17 secs from eta to Omega leonis 24 sec including the turn and the slipstream would still be active just after entering the third sector.

Now it stops at the edge of Eta
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup,

This change happened after LoR launched.
    My little $0.02 is; do the 3-mil mission TW tour, you don't really need the QSS anymore.

1) equip yourself these 4 missions: "Stop the Signal", "Skirmish", "The Doomsday Device" and "Stranded in Space". Make "Stop the Signal" your primary mission.

2) When the event starts, get the mission from Yim.

3) Use "Stop the Signal" mission TW directly (you dont have to go to space first, this saves you time) and go straight forward. Warp to Eta Eridani.

4) Hard right, full power, warp to Orellius.

5) Hard right, use QSS if you deem it necessary and go straight forward. As soon as you get your reward, use "Skirmish" TW.

6) Hard right, full power. As soon as you get your reward, use "The Doomsday Device" TW.

7) Head straight up to Gamma TW gate.

8) Go through the very middle of the map (underneath Sibirian; you hit all the blocks at once), head straight to Pelia.

9) When at Pelia, use Transwarp to ESD ?r the mission "Stranded in space" when your Transwarp to ESD is on cooldown.

10) Drop the mission and request the mission again with Yim

^^ my avg is 200.000 EC per 3 to 4 minutes; Give or take between 3 to 3,7 mil total.

Have Fun and Prosper :D
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This *seems* to coincide with the new "automatically activate slipstream when activating full throttle but only in some places" misfeature. Not only did I waste a few slipstream activations figuring it out, I *still* habitually hit full throttle and waste more slipstreams.

It does nerf the Odyssey a little bit to not carry it over to the next sector, though in Tour that ability is a little wasted because of how often you're facing sideways or backwards when you arrive in a new sector block.

I wish at least an old bug would be fixed for each new bug that was introduced, instead we have the old bug *and* a new bug.
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's always been like this for me.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!