test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server UP ... and down again.

Comments

• nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh come on. I was about to post something positive for a change (I really like the romulan storyline).

"Login failed for unknown reason" again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Yup - add me to the list - luck to get 6 doff missions off before that happened:):(
  • woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are an absolute joke, more interested in taking money off you and laughing all the way to the bank rather than fixing anything, people have been like this now for over THREE days but I bet they don't refund anyone for the inconvenience caused when they finally do PULL THEIR FINGERS OUT OF THEIR COLECTIVE A**E'S and get it fixed
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xariama wrote: »
    How about you nerdragers take a breath and step away from the computer for a bit? Honestly, all your crying about quitting is getting really, really old. If you're that unhappy, LEAVE.

That being said, I was in for a little bit, but it didn't look like anything had changed from last night, when I had 8 random DCs in two hours. I'm thinking that something didn't quite work out. It took almost 3 minutes this morning to switch characters, then got stuck at Retrieving Map for a while before crashing to login. I'm going to guess it's somewhere in the login server, since I literally just got "Login server failed for an unknown reason".

you should take your own advice and leave as well, just saying. unless ofcourse there is one rule for you and the rest for us.

figures, i ran into the same brickwall, but considering i read here, not all that surprising to be logged out. meanwhile im gonna keep reading through the forums.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow im so glad i decided to buy the LTS in the sale, my KDF toon cant collect the fireworks that the team were ment to have fixed, the servers are borked all the time and yet again another maintanance and patch has added yet more c***, way to go team :D
  • squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what's really funny? You're all here moaning day after day after day and when something just gets barely better you go crazy with "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, CRYPTIC! YOU'RE GODS!"

There is only one constant in STO: SNAFU :D
  • joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums slower than a stoned snail, repeated timeouts loading character select screen.

I take it cryptic remembered to turn on the little black switch on the power supply ?
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums slower than a stoned snail.

Repeated timeouts loading character select screen.

Now stuck on retrieving maps.........................

I take it cryptic remembered to turn on the little black switch on the power supply ?

Apologies for double post, caused by forum's very slow reactions.
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about you nerdragers take a breath and step away from the computer for a bit? Honestly, all your crying about quitting is getting really, really old. If you're that unhappy, LEAVE.

That being said, I was in for a little bit, but it didn't look like anything had changed from last night, when I had 8 random DCs in two hours. I'm thinking that something didn't quite work out. It took almost 3 minutes this morning to switch characters, then got stuck at Retrieving Map for a while before crashing to login. I'm going to guess it's somewhere in the login server, since I literally just got "Login server failed for an unknown reason".

I dont complain a lot. Nut i payed money for the game. I want play from time to time, the people that payed 300 for a life time membership show really be pissed.
    this is all the time not every once in a while.
  • fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey cryptic ...here is a thought ..why dont you get 5 players from different parts of earth to try to login before you bring the server back online ...justa thought:)
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i can say is wow :mad:
  • thecrolegend44thecrolegend44 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here...
  • itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at retrieving maps.

I went from having relatively few problems to not even being able to connect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

Login failed for unknown reasons!

I am still receiving this error message.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    woppy1 wrote: »
    they are an absolute joke, more interested in taking money off you and laughing all the way to the bank rather than fixing anything, people have been like this now for over THREE days but I bet they don't refund anyone for the inconvenience caused when they finally do PULL THEIR FINGERS OUT OF THEIR COLECTIVE A**E'S and get it fixed

I find all the consiracy theories that Cryptic is doing this to TRIBBLE their customers is sooo funny - these are their jobs - their livelihoods on the line - keeping the game going is a top priority for them.

I think the problem is they were possibly given a tight budget from PWE and that did not include a massive upgrade to hardware. I think the response - influx of players was probably much much higher than their estimates and the system can't handle the load. I am sure the guys at Cryptic would love to build a full new server warehouse if they could - but when you have a parent company like PWE that you have to report to and possibly meet certain budget guidlines things like this happen.

The people seem to be working around the clock - I am sure it is very stressful for them.
  • revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Login Failed for Unknown Reason" for 3 days

If it ain't working please fix it. I don't mind waiting an extra hour as long as the patch is done right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shehchaoshehchao Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is bad.....really really bad from cryptic.....

The is the game with the most server disasters I have ever played in my life.

I wonder if there is any proper testing done before they patch the software?

Nothing is worse than inability to login to play the game.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet again, the level of incompetence shown by Cryptic and their top engineers is beyond all imagination.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Space...the failed frontier. These are the continuing problems of Star Trek Online. To not being able to retrieve maps...to fail at login due to server problems. To boldly be kicked out as everybody else has been before.
  • thejoggerthejogger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently stuck on loading maps and my legacy pack wasn't registering either
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Breaks open a bag of popcorn and grins* Here we go.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • vivecolavivecola Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Failed to connect for unknown reason and super slow website
  • legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell I just keep getting logged out before I load in :mad: This is crazy it was running fine yesterday get on here today and they started messing around with TRIBBLE and now its really messed up ....
  • rhiantrsahenrhiantrsahen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just throwing this out there, but I spent a not-insignificant amount of money on this game, between lifetime sub and Romulan Legacy Pack. I understood issues like this on launch day... but we're several years from launch day. I expect patch day issues to resolved on patch day, not causing issues 3 days later. I haven't played much since launch because of issues happening then. It is *beyond* sad to see the game still having lots of problems like this several days after a patch.

I've had animosity toward Cryptic' and it's lead developer since his days with City of Heroes. Issues like this just aren't helping the situation any.

EDIT: I just want to get my money's worth. Right now, that isn't happening. Not even close.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find all the consiracy theories that Cryptic is doing this to TRIBBLE their customers is sooo funny - these are their jobs - their livelihoods on the line - keeping the game going is a top priority for them.

I think the problem is they were possibly given a tight budget from PWE and that did not include a massive upgrade to hardware. I think the response - influx of players was probably much much higher than their estimates and the system can't handle the load. I am sure the guys at Cryptic would love to build a full new server warehouse if they could - but when you have a parent company like PWE that you have to report to and possibly meet certain budget guidlines things like this happen.

The people seem to be working around the clock - I am sure it is very stressful for them.

investing your money into something is the only way you will get returns. if pwe is too scared to loose a few thousand dollars on a new server to house the game, the support needed and such, they would infact be limiting their ability to get more returns by not investing as much, especially with a knackered server held together with paper clips and half chewed up bubblegum, proverbially stated as such from cryptic's end.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013

well if this is their livliehood, then they certainly dont care.. dude, seriously, in the last month, this game has been offline so many times, ive lost count.. and most of it was before the patch.. since the turn of the year, this game has had more server fails than i think most games out there currently have had combined..

i could get on bored and help defend cryptic, if this wasnt a habitual, every week occurance, patch or not.. this happens far too often, and they handle it like they only casually care.. look at nw, same company, different team.. the second something goes arry, they are on it.. there is posts, appologies, updates.. sto kinda says well get there when we get there..

and as far as budget guidlines.. i doubt they would anyone would say no to server upgrades, since that is kind of the buisness your in.. it would be like having a race car team, but not wanting to buy cars cause they are too expensive.. server stability has been an issue since the get go, when they were with atari, when they were on their own for that short stint, and when pwe took over.. the only constant in the whole mess has been cryptic..
  • jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And with all these new players brings new money, for what I've paid which i am stopping as of now, i expect much more. I'm not going mention exactly how much I've spent, but its sufficient to say I'm a LTS and have paid for the legacy pack twice now? even though i don't own it because they did put a collective finger up to the European market by saying "We weren't advertising at you, only the Americans".

So cryptic, you want my regular cash flow into the game, its not coming till I see a few improvements:

Better customer service: which is practically non existent (over a month for a reply....)
    Better server improvements: even before LoR Released PvP was having major issues
    Better Responses on the forums: I've not seen a single reply yet other than the usual tribble excuse (Tribbles Only Exist as Stuffed Toys!!!!!! Get Real!).

So from now on, I'm another F2p leech, well that is once the value of my LTS runs out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A camel can only carry so many straws... just sayin...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • ectonoodle#6874 ectonoodle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everytime I'm starting to get tempted to buy a LTS the universe does something to make me reconsider.

I love the universe :D
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don' know what is happening, but it would seem to me as if they have limited their bandwidth somehow. Yesterday as i was playing i was receiving ingame downloads for changing maps faster than ever before, as high as 3mb/s. This was amazing considering, my usual download rate with their servers are on average, 200-400 kb/s. And now since the patch, I can not even get into the game because of timeouts?

I know cryptic is a business, but quite trying to cut corners, where they should not be cut. You are only hurting yourself when you limit your bandwidth to this degree. If people can not get on, they can not spend money, if they can not spend, you do not get payed. If you do not get payed the game goes under fast.

This is just my humble opinion.

But on the brighter side, the new additions to the game are awesome, when we get to play them. I have seen only a few minor bugs so far. Over all an excellent job on the Romulan Faction.