What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server UP ... and down again.

Comments

• Options
    sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mail still bugged. Bord daily still not working. Let's see if the STFs are also borked. What exactly did they do all this time?
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the feeling everyone was patched and waiting on the servers going live again, as it looks like the log in server is getting hammered atm as it's taking forever to find my toons.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give up guys.

Three patches in four days, all 100 megs, all with virtually no content at all, and now this one promptly destabalizes the game.

That means probably another 100 meg patch tomorrow.

It's not even a matter of if I want to play or not. This game just isn't useable for people with bandwidth limits anymore if this is how we're going to handle things.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Character selection screen super slow an "login failed for an unknown reason" after clicke "play" on a toon... wth cryptic? :???:
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, i thought it was just me but this has been going on for about 2 hours now, sto site, forums and game is dreadfully slow for no apparent reason, yet everything else is going fine.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    najamesk1najamesk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting on my nerves.

Normally I wouldn't complain about a damn game, but the $300 I spent on a lifetime sub a few months ago is starting to seem like a waste of money. Too bad PW wont refund it by request, I'll have to have my bank do charge backs, I'll make sure the bank references the original purchase in the charge back so PW knows why when they read my post stating I did not receive products and or services I paid for.

Oh yea, I'm complaining about a game, Yea, thats sounds like a really lame thing to do, but its a game I dropped $400 on (lifetime sub + Legacy pack). $400 is enough money to rant about my dissatisfaction.
  • Options
    jokanldjokanld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also get "log in failed for an unknown reason" . And sometimes just a timeout on retrieving characters.... I knew I shouldn't have spent money on Zen for keys and stuff yesterday!
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login

Select char

Retrieving maps

Login failed for unknown reason

try 2

Login

select char

Retrieving maps

Sever not responding at 94% ...... now thats all 8 of my fking chars stuck......
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if maintenance actually FIXED something every once in a while Cryptic, just saying...
  • Options
    reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kind of gott in now stuck at choicing character.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone get the feeling that cryptic dont check anything???

Server are up! *closes thread*

Yes servers are fooked more like.

Also slow assed forum
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged in fine, noticed the extra time it took to load maps. Then I tried to log on to another character. Got stuck in "Retrieving list of characters...". Then I timed out. Error message :"Cannot connect to login server". :(
  • Options
    requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... seriously Cryptic? How much fail do you have in your bag of tricks? It appears your server maintenance skills are rather lacking today =_= server goes back up and is running slow this includes the forums. What did you lose some hamsters again or what?
  • Options
    gustofdustgustofdust Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    najamesk1 wrote: »
    This is getting on my nerves.

Normally I wouldn't complain about a damn game, but the $300 I spent on a lifetime sub a few months ago is starting to seem like a waste of money. Too bad PW wont refund it by request, I'll have to have my bank do charge backs, I'll make sure the bank references the original purchase in the charge back so PW knows why when they read my post stating I did not receive products and or services I paid for.

Oh yea, I'm complaining about a game, Yea, thats sounds like a really lame thing to do, but its a game I dropped $400 on (lifetime sub + Legacy pack). $400 is enough money to rant about my dissatisfaction.

your damn right im pissed they did this TRIBBLE on that old game shaiya rip people off
  • Options
    teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic you must be joking !!!!!

this can`t be true:mad:
  • Options
    mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server is up, it's just running really slow.. just like the forums.

running slowly is an understatement, so much for the patch for server stability
  • Options
    rhiantrsahenrhiantrsahen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this is a new one.

Got to character select screen after a couple of minutes. Selected my Romulan and clicked play. This popped up:

"An error occurred while transferring this character to its destination map. Would you like to safely log into this character's last non-mission map, or attempt to login normally?"

I logged out in sector space. This really, really worries me. :/
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best idea I've seen in these forums in a while. I'm turning off the PC and grabbing a bottle of Maker's Mark now.

I'll check back in a few hours ... if I'm not too wasted to play. :D
    I've got a bottle of Bulleit here. Or I could just go to sleep, bein' 2am and all.
  • Options
    hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also suffering this.

So far I've tried to log in five times and only managed to get onto the map once before the game crapped out and disconnected me.

Now I'm getting "Login failed for an unknown reason". It was fine last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
  • Options
    evans2941evans2941 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You people really should do a good test before releasing these "patches". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shehchaoshehchao Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything seems ridiculously slow..... Forum is laggy, game takes a long time to connect and load list of characters.....
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good that i started a lot of 4, 6 and 8 hour DOFF Missions with my Romulans before the Downtime.... the first 4-h missions should complete any minute.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah. . . You beat me to it! I was able to login, then when I went to switch character's I had to wait a minute or two, then there was a delay or slowdown. . Now I can't even log on "Due to unkown Reason's". . Maintenance huh?
  • Options
    princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Big surprise.

Every effing time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redlights99redlights99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So cryptic..first you give us login queues and now you do a extented maintenance and we can't log in at all anymore...How does this always happen.I'am begining to wonder.

All i get is timed out connection to login server blabla..or i get to the character selection screen but its loading and loading and loading.

When will you fix you stuff,next year!?

Me and other people spended alot of money on your game and nothing ever works as intended/promised.
    So we get another downtime this eavening?!...Oh yeah it's just EU peps..oh yeah right....who cares about us.We always get server downtime at primetime!...

Pull your stuff together and fix it once and for all....also my mails are piling up(still can't delete them)

Greets from Germany
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every time i see "Increased Server stability" in the patch notes i wanna punch someone cause every time they do that the Server GETS WORSE!!

Jesus it was fine before the patch, stop touching stuff!

Could atleast log in before, now if i get logged in i cant even load a character. Knew something was wrong when they kept pushing maint time up by 15min intervals. If you know its f*cked up why would you bring the server up anyhow?
  • Options
    ectonoodle#6874 ectonoodle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank god, I thought I was having computer issues again...
    Also wondering when the foundry will be up again, I resubbed for that and haven't been able to use it eversince...

On a sidenote, I love the new Rommy expansion :)
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about you nerdragers take a breath and step away from the computer for a bit? Honestly, all your crying about quitting is getting really, really old. If you're that unhappy, LEAVE.

That being said, I was in for a little bit, but it didn't look like anything had changed from last night, when I had 8 random DCs in two hours. I'm thinking that something didn't quite work out. It took almost 3 minutes this morning to switch characters, then got stuck at Retrieving Map for a while before crashing to login. I'm going to guess it's somewhere in the login server, since I literally just got "Login server failed for an unknown reason".
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really cryptic i thought yall fixed this come on now
  • Options
    launaladylaunalady Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also down, but i got to the loading map screen before i went down.
    Live long and prosper