test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Stuck At Map Transition - Server Not Responding

balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
5 hours now.

Only canned responses from support "Try beaming up!" ....

I'd LOVE to beam ANYWHERE...

All other characters on account log in fine.

Main Character
Name: Vishala
Post edited by balorgafdan on

Comments

• karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this new or have you had the issue? There are several who were either in SOL or went there and are now stuck in a never ending server not responding.
  • zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm the same way. My main toon, as in the only one at level 50 that I play with everyday, gets stuck at the loading screen. For some odd reason her uniform has changed too, which I don't get. My other characters all load without issue. I'm incredibly frustrated with this. Hopefully they figure it out soon.
  • fernandojimenezfernandojimenez Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zona75 wrote: »
    I'm the same way. My main toon, as in the only one at level 50 that I play with everyday, gets stuck at the loading screen. For some odd reason her uniform has changed too, which I don't get. My other characters all load without issue. I'm incredibly frustrated with this. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

Same here, stuck on server no responding, uniform changed, etc, etc. They are working on this issue.
  • enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

appreciate what ever you want to, there is no patience left. Just refund my Legacy Pack and keep your Romulans. My Reman is stuck at loading screen (94%....) since yesterday,Support just sends a standard mail "Force verify", Try Safe mode", sorry guys THAT'S TRIBBLE!

I had no problem with the server downtimes over the last few weeks because this can happen and finding and eliminating hte root cause can be difficult.

This happened when u released Season 6, Season 7 and now LoR, does Cryptic even think about SQA? D
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• tuerfortunetuerfortune Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same Problem!! With my account i use 3 chars. Since the upgrade legacy of Romulus i log in with my mainchar switch to the Orbit ds9 and log off. Next Day i cant log in with my mainchar after 94 % i get the error no Response from the Server. My both other chars same account havent Login Problems. Im very angy because ive spent a lot of real Money and time in my mainchar and all thins are lost and the Support dont help.

Sorry im German my english is not the best but i would write my Problem also in a english Forum. I hope anybody can help me!!
  • cryox1cryox1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I m stuck in a never ending server not responding too.Went from Kerrat to Eta Eridani Sector space and ever since Sector Space is unavailable.
    There is a certain irony in this for me.I was about to never realy play this game again because after 3 years ,boredom and repetition there was no spark of desire left.
    These new changes comes along and i go "ok great ,lets give it another shot".Yesterday i was unable to log in because of the queues.Now i m unable to play because for the X time "Server is (once again)not responding"....
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am stuck aswell but only with my romulan

i can make a new character on federation, even klingon but the one charcater i have is my romy ..

this is not making me happy :P
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still happening. My patience is exhausted BranFlakes.
  • dekker05dekker05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having this issue on my main Klingon transwarping from Cardassian Space to D'Kel.

Been going on a few days and very dishearting.
  • savagethorsavagethor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is happening to me as well. Only with one of my characters. my Romulan
  • dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup im the same. i just got this from tech support

Greetings Player,

Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is important!

> STO: The Legacy of Romulus expansion has proven to be very popular, and so there are unfortunately busy login servers and a queue (line) that some of you will have to wait in. Hopefully this should smooth out in the coming weeks, and we very much appreciate your patience and dedication to your game.

Please try again later today and see if you have a better time getting in.

Please go over the info we have below, as some of it can help you with the most common problems.

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching in Options on the game launcher and try the game again.

You can try using one of the Cryptic Proxy connections in the Options on the game launcher to connect with and see if that helps you temporarily.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client. If you are having problems with the launcher, you can try replacing it for your game:

STO: http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, remote computer access or control software, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

-> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues.

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
    IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

You may need to check with your internet provider, your network device's Help or Support resources, on how to do so.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?

Pragmatically Yours,

Your Perfect World Tech Support Team.
  • destahddestahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.

My human character seems stuck trying to beam out of Starbase 39 Sierra.

My Romulan can login and play just fine...

8 hours since this started, no workaround found so far.
  • dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note : All of this was a waste of time. The problem is there severs not us ! :mad:
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glad its not just me , Did a stuck ticket and got....yup told to do another ticket.

Char 1 leaving sol Now gets stuck at 93% then server not responding
    char 2 leaving ds9 same as char 1
    char 3 leaving qo'nos same as char 1

Then i have all my contraband klinks and new chars working just not my mains.

2 days now and no fix this is getting a bit laughable
  • destahddestahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One patch later and this issue is still not fixed...

Two days and counting.

Tech support just closes my tickets without any response other than 'try again in awhile.'
  • fordguy2fordguy2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iam getting a little bit ticked off here, first had to spend money for a chracter, okay, np, but now cant log on with my engineer, they tell me to do it in safe mode, doesnt work, other things dont work , JUST FIX IT, IVE SPENT MONEY ON THE GAME, FAR MORE THAN 10.00 DOLLARS.
  • njgounjgou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this issue too.

On my Fed. gets to 94% load screen then stops.

KDF toon loads fine.

I deleted a shuttle and tried to change maps. After that it would not load. Hope this helps.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I, the disgruntled lifer has to say, is:
    "Please wait a short while and attempt to log in again." (TM)
    /Floozy