What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't delete mail ***FIXED WITH TODAY'S PATCH***

Comments

• Options
    gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any effort to delete mail that was sent before the LoR expansion update is fruitless.

Mail sent after update is deletable, but clicking on Delete button for prior mail has no result... not even a message.

EDIT: Apparently, this is a known issue and is being looked into by devs. Thx.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10119051&postcount=2
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even delete mails that I just got five minutes ago.
  • Options
    cantoneverettcantoneverett Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I was just tyring to delete my generic "you received [a bunch of] EC from the exchange" mails, and I found that they're stuck in the mailbox. Can you fix that, since I'd really rather not have hundreds of them lying around all the time?
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Subject line says it all.

Read email, the click "Delete" and then verify I want to delete the message and.....Nothing happens.

Happens on all of my toons, whether they are Lifers or free.

Is there a ETA on correcting this matter? I have sent tickets in on 2 of my accounts.

Thank you.
  • Options
    aussiejamaussiejam Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. I can confirm to delete but the mail remains. I thought it might have been a lag issue but alas not.
  • Options
    jatus1jatus1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I can't delete mail, but only from: "Exchange [holodeck]"
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here; can't delete mail, and more just keeps coming in!
  • Options
    heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't delete ones that say (Holodeck), but if they don't, I can.

I seem to have gotten a duplicate message returning my expired auction to me, one with the item, and one that said (Holodeck), with no item.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • Options
    mokonzimokonzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the same issue... also added the @exchange to my ignore list... not intentionally... not sure if that works or if there's a way of undoing it... :S
  • Options
    burg4401burg4401 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, can't delete e mail in game, at the access mail or not.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly why people shouldn't use the mailman as a bank... now the whole system is broke for everyone! :(

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    mntlrptrsmntlrptrs Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    This is exactly why people shouldn't use the mailman as a bank... now the whole system is broke for everyone! :(

I don't think I have to point out to you that this "statement" is just a pile of BrontoSaurus.

If you would kindly have a look at the last sentence of the Known Issues of these patch notes, you'll see it's a temporary issue. If it had anything to do with actions of almost any STO player then I'd think it would have been stated as such.

It would be nice if anyone from Cryptic/PW would give a little bit of explanation regarding the issue though.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mntlrptrs wrote: »
    It would be nice if anyone from Cryptic/PW would give a little bit of explanation regarding the issue though.

Agreed - it would be nice to have a bit more info, or include it in the header info as a known bug.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as you already started a Thread I was going to put up, I am just going to rage here.

Yeah I can't delete mails either, The real ****ty part of this is I had just gotten a very rare critical success doff from the Tal Shiar Command Code Named "Tanan" that I was sending over to my Romulan character since you can't put doff's in the Account Bank. As I was in the process of trying to delete the old mails another one popped up at the same time I was hitting the "Delete" button on the pop up menu, it just so happened that the highlighter went from the mail I was trying to delete to the mail that I was sending, and I lost Tanan. Pissed! Oh you better believe it!

I understand that there will be no way to get that duty officer back, but still, Cryptic better fix **** and fix it quick, otherwise I am raising hell! :mad:
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, I have some of those item sold messages from the exchange stuck in the mailbox and can't erase them. Maybe this is part of the new expansion, the legacy of Romulus is that the tal shiar breaks the game out of rage for losing their planet. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue. Very frustrating. I hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AND, items returned from the exchange when they don't sell also seem to disappear.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is working on a resolution to this bug -- it's listed as a known issue in the patch notes from Tuesday: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=688641

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hyymbeerehyymbeere Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on this issue?

Plus: You know what would be really helpful? To have the option to delete multiple mails at once.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are on strike and wiating for a better contract yes it is still around in 25C.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come on cryptic this should be done asap as it worked fine before lor was released
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Known bug.
  • Options
    thorkentthorkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found a way to delete all those annoying mails. If you've got installed CO or NWO just log in one of them and clean your messages from there.
    I kow it sounds weird but is an advantage of this system with chat server and mail linked across their 3 games.
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this few days after starting Legacy of Romulus, i noticed that i cannot delete any email message in Mail in game (button right from minimap) where i recieve notifications about things i sold on exchange, etc.
    Does anyone else have the same problem? Isit some kind of bug, or what?
    Xsara
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. . . first I have heard of it ;)

did you do a search?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    burg4401burg4401 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, i can't delete them as well.
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, im not alone, its a bug then :cool:
    Xsara
  • Options
    evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't delete mine either. I tried both the mini map button and going to a mail terminal, neither worked.
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting this bug as well and so are many of my fleet mates.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No you are not alone. I cannot delete any email either. No matter what the source. Not on any of my 16 toons. I have been sending in bug reports and still nothing. :eek:
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
This discussion has been closed.