test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue Rage=Subs

sto151sto151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The longer they keep the queue's fat a percentage of players will say TRIBBLE it and sub just to get to the head of the line. Once they have milked it for a couple days there will be a miracle patch that will solve it all and queues will be reduced or removed.
Post edited by sto151 on

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sto151 wrote: »
    The longer they keep the queue's fat a percentage of players will say TRIBBLE it and sub just to get to the head of the line. Once they have milked it for a couple days there will be a miracle patch that will solve it all and queues will be reduced or removed.

Problem with that logic it that the majority of the complaints are coming from Gold/LTS players who feel that since they pay $15 a month or paid $300 three years ago that silver players should be booted form the server to make room for them.
  • Options
    shale087shale087 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting concept, and though I can't speak for other players, but I don't see this as a, "Well I might as well queue" situation. I see it as a, "I already dumped too much money into a game that either the developers or publishers don't care enough about to upgrade their hardware to be on-par with just about every other MMO that's out there, so I might as well find something else to play."
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its true. And the government geo-engineered the weather in Oklahoma to make the tornado so distract from all the scandals Obama is facing.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only some people will spend money on that but their are a lot that wont and a lot of people might start playing other games and end up liking them and forget about this game.

This situation is not good for anyone except other games.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I make pretty foil hat.:confused:
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its true. And the government geo-engineered the weather in Oklahoma to make the tornado so distract from all the scandals Obama is facing.

Now now, it's against UN accords for ANY nation to develop weather controlling technology.

Seriously. Look it up.
  • Options
    valormeervalormeer Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/emp_juri_feet If you want to come watch someone play we are having a chat about Q's also :D
  • Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im considering subbing again :(
  • Options
    cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only some people will spend money on that but their are a lot that wont and a lot of people might start playing other games and end up liking them and forget about this game.

This situation is not good for anyone except other games.

Exactly..

STO is not the only free to play game out there and there are some pretty good ones and others going free to play shortly.

All this is going to do is alienate existing players and drive them away and leave a very very sour taste in the mouth for new players coming in for the first time trying to login to play. And there is no way a new player is going to wait 4-6 hours just to get into a game before saying TRIBBLE it and moving on to something else.

This is not a good for Cryptic or the game and the faster they do something about it the better.
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said in another thread. I went from 20,000 out of 20,050 before subbing and 3 out of 21,000 after.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a real shame the only good reason to sub is to get a better place in the Q. I could have been subbing all this time if there were more to get out of a Sub them just better access and the occasional free ship and 500 Sto exclusive zen reward per month. I have some great Ideas how to get lots of new Subs. But if they want them.It will cost them $$$$ to get them!!
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing they don't make a majority of their money from subs.
  • Options
    mujinn21mujinn21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    As I said in another thread. I went from 20,000 out of 20,050 before subbing and 3 out of 21,000 after.

If you want to reward them with your money just to get ahead in the line good for you. BUT for those of us that like to think a little bit and go hmmm, this game has a long TRIBBLE queue why would I want to give them a dime for being so inconsiderate to make this queue so freaking long and making me wait hours just to play their game.

Don't think this queue is the best way to get new subs, most people are not going to shell out 15 bucks to get a few time jump in a queue. This will not last as people who are only wanting to see what the new content is like before going back to the other games they play. Queue like this will only drive off these people faster and are more likely to not want play this game again. So not only did they lose someone who may have bought an item in game but a potential sub as well.
  • Options
    mujinn21mujinn21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just too bad they don't reward these silver status players who buy items in game with a different status so they can get a bump in these stupid long queues.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Now now, it's against UN accords for ANY nation to develop weather controlling technology.

Seriously. Look it up.

Ok, I did. You are wrong.

UNGA RES. 31/72, TIAS 9614CONVENTION ON THE PROHIBITION OF MILITARY OR ANY OTHER HOSTILE USE OFENVIRONMENTAL MODIFICATION TECHNIQUES

Only prohibits weather modification for war. No UN prohibition from a country using it on its own citizens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mujinn21 wrote: »
    If you want to reward them with your money just to get ahead in the line good for you. BUT for those of us that like to think a little bit and go hmmm, this game has a long TRIBBLE queue why would I want to give them a dime for being so inconsiderate to make this queue so freaking long and making me wait hours just to play their game.

Don't think this queue is the best way to get new subs, most people are not going to shell out 15 bucks to get a few time jump in a queue. This will not last as people who are only wanting to see what the new content is like before going back to the other games they play. Queue like this will only drive off these people faster and are more likely to not want play this game again. So not only did they lose someone who may have bought an item in game but a potential sub as well.

I agree with you. Simplest explanation for the Q is Q today gets a few more subs and some $$$$$ IF ---- great customer service and better server capacity. will get you $$$$$$$$$$$$ in the long run. They just don't see the big picture!! STO rep is Perfect Worlds Rep. and even more loss in the long run!
  • Options
    namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said before, they did this with Neverwinter and what the OP implies happened with Neverwinter.

There is also this in "How to: be prepared for the launch of LoR"

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue (on Holodeck; there is no priority log in on Tribble). We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

The ques are there to try to sucker people into LTS or going "gold" for what will be a week long issue at most. Judging from one of the other replies, it seems to be working. Not on me (again, been here, done this before) but it will catch some people and it's not as if those who already bought LTS are going to get their money back... so even if they slot them off, they already have their money while milking new comers for cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • Options
    captainmalletcaptainmallet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is sad to think people would sub just to get ahead in line. I can only think of that as being irresponsible.

I play whenever I can, and hate queues. I just finally made it to 50 in 2013 with my first and only toon, and I've been playing since the game went F2P. There is no way I am paying that much, for so little game time. There is also no way I am waiting around for a queue.

This is ridiculous.

Just another reason I prefer single player offline games,...
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I pay more then 15 a month on average, and I have paid more in total then I could have got the lifetime sub for. The idea that I should be kicked from the server in favor of a gold lifer is frankly insulting.
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, played Cryptic. Well played.

Probably totally an effect of those "must have it now" players but regardless, well played.

Season 8 better blow us away. We know you guys got the cash, lol.

LoR is pretty fun, btw.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I live in Oklahoma, right near where it happened, please dont use a tragedy to make a point. Sarcasm or otherwise.
  • Options
    evans2941evans2941 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is ridiculous.

Just another reason I prefer single player offline games,...

Yeah... along with a fully functional mission editor.

This "queue to log in" issue interesting. In all of my years of playing STO this the first time I have ever seen anything along this scale. Just so happens that the are offering a life time sale & they say you can log in faster if you sub?

Hmm... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. But overall, its all about patience. If you have non or very little you will sub or play another game.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, not really. Earlier on, I joined as no. 15 of 20,000.

Twenty-thousand players were in a queue.

These will not reduce until weeks - or even months - after LoR releases and everyone has had a good play on it.

And they will not just go away because Cryptic's servers can't handle 20,000 people plus however many are already online. That's not something you can fix with a simple patch.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,643 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't you know? the Tornado was Bush's fault that's why it hit OK instead of TX
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a valiant strategy on Cryptic's part. The f2p model pressures people into buying things based on want and greed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

you think Gold and LTS don't spend just as much in the Z-store as you do? my boyfriend has everything available ship wise except the Kumari, and most of the uniform options as well.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As I said before, they did this with Neverwinter and what the OP implies happened with Neverwinter.

There is also this in "How to: be prepared for the launch of LoR"

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue (on Holodeck; there is no priority log in on Tribble). We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

The ques are there to try to sucker people into LTS or going "gold" for what will be a week long issue at most. Judging from one of the other replies, it seems to be working. Not on me (again, been here, done this before) but it will catch some people and it's not as if those who already bought LTS are going to get their money back... so even if they slot them off, they already have their money while milking new comers for cash.

so pay 15 bucks get the gold goodies like the bigger bank and the queue perk and when it goes back to normal end your sub.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    bobboman0bobboman0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so pay 15 bucks get the gold goodies like the bigger bank and the queue perk and when it goes back to normal end your sub.

this is what i am doing, though i might keep it for the perks though i doubt i'll be staying with the game for another 900 days (i have 100 in from when the game launched)
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thing is though I knew this would happen as soon as I found out LoR was coming near the end of May 2013. So what did I do? I got out my credit card and sub'ed for a month so that I could enjoy LoR and not sit waiting in queue's....

And I have been in and playing pretty much the whole time except for maintenance downtimes. LoR is fantastic and that's because I paid them a measly 15 bucks...:eek::D