stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
every time i load the game i think there is an issue with the game
Post edited by stormangel2001 on

Comments

• Options
    hammerdanhammerdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a similar issue, the exact error message is:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned an error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) whilst resetting the device

Technical Details: ATI Radeon 5700 series

That is indeed my graphics card, and having checked the minimum required it seems to be fine. And up until the latest past it was working fine, now all of a sudden, TRIBBLE, won't get past the first loading screen.

Any suggestions beyond the obvious update drivers / direct X? As I've gone through all of that, even installed all the optional updates to my OS, still nothing.
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you update to the latest CCC and get the end user runtimes for direct x?
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since installing LOR, STO has been almost constantly crashing to desktop.

I've tried updating to the latest nVidia drivers, and it only got worse.

Very frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue as hammerdan but with different graphics card

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned an error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) whilst resetting the device
    Technical Details: AMD Radeon HD 7560D

I updated everything on my comp, did a dxdiag, checked system requirements. Ran the verify all files check that pops up when you restart after a crash. its still not working.

The game ran fine before the LOR update.
  • Options
    zzrowgraffzzrowgraff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem: constant crashes to desktop. I did not have these problems before LoR. However, I think my graphics settings might have been reset to max. I just scaled them down and will test again. XFX GTS 250
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not having the exact same problem here about the video crashing, but i am getting and odd thing happening.

Right after the launcher starts to load the game i get a message window pop up saying i need to choose a lower setting to play, card not supported. If i choose the lower resolution settings, the game will load and play fine, but the funny part is that it still loads the game up and runs at the higher resolution settings.....weird
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    hcgxkaliberhcgxkaliber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about u guys, but I switched back to DX9 mode the game runs perfectly ever since.
  • Options
    sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried the -dx9 switch but that did not help. My game keeps on crashing and even to the point of locking up my computer. I have yet to do a heat temperature monitor run but other than lowering the graphics quality settings there is not much else I can do in order to play this game. I tried updating the video driver since the old one kept on crashing and only lock up on the second or third crash.

I tried this on LoR on Tribble with no problems but now getting all of these problems. Maybe I missed one or two warning signs now that I really think back. :mad:
  • Options
    stragen126stragen126 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting a similar error, except the code it gives me is (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE). This started happening after the major update.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I found out my computer was freezing since the GPU was overheating. I had to turn all of the settings all of the way down and force my fan to go to 100% all of the time to prevent the crashing. I did notice some extreme background textures that the game is trying to draw for some reason (maybe that is why the GPUs are getting so over worked with the Legacy of Romulus update).

Before this update (1 day or less) I never had any issues even on the Tribble server with the higher quality settings. Not sure what they changed or what changed between the two servers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It looks like by uninstalling my previous GPU driver, restarting, then reinstalling and restarting plus forcing the game to run in Windows XP compatibility mode it fixed my issue (plus does not look like any permanent damage to my GPU).
  • Options
    amokhsamokhs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a fleetie and I have 6670 and 5770 cards respectively. We are crashing frequently for me its in a certain mission. we both are getting an issue where the curser no longer is synched with where it appears to be and game is somehow changing its size on screen for me it jumps to windowed maximized from fullscreen. He's getting the out of memory also and for me it just locks up or goes to desktop with a game client exe. no longer responding. just started other day never had problems till now.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Running a ATi Radeon HD 4850 Graphics card and i'm getting constant crashes even reset the ingame video settings to default. Never had this issue before and i was running the game on high quality. LOR it appears is more than my machine can run.

Imac 09
    Quad core I5 2.66ghz
    8gb ram 3gb in use as windows 7 won;t allow me anymore
    Ati Radeon HD Graphics card

Bloody annoying crashing when in ESD/New Romulus orbit or sector space has yet to crash during a FE or STF But has crashed after exiting that mission and its tried to load me back into sector space or a social zone

Never had a single issue like this before the update