test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to get in, Go Gold.

vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
I was a subscriber before F2P. Once F2P went live I cancelled. This is the first time I have ever seen such a wait to get in game. So I became frustrated and just renewed my subscription to go GOLD again.

Before I renewed I was 24512 out of 24585. Seconds after I renewed, I was 3 out of 24209.

That's a huge difference. I smell a conspiracy....
Admiral%20sig%202.png
Post edited by vamank on

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    I was a subscriber before F2P. Once F2P went live I cancelled. This is the first time I have ever seen such a wait to get in game. So I became frustrated and just renewed my subscription to go GOLD again.

Before I renewed I was 24512 out of 24585. Seconds after I renewed, I was 3 out of 24209.

What conspiracy?

Thye clearly state that GOld and LTS get prefferential queuing. You'll get bumped up to the from section of the line.

It's like a fast pass at an amusement park.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamank wrote: »

I'm not subscribing to a broken game.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rezking wrote: »

Then you Sir can wait.
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    What conspiracy?

Thye clearly state that GOld and LTS get prefferential queuing. You'll get bumped up to the from section of the line.

It's like a fast pass at an amusement park.

I have never seen a queue before and now bam there is not only one but a massively huge one. I spent all day trying to log in, until I finally became frustrated and shelled out the cash. I understand that there are a lot of people trying to get on but this is nuts.

Either way I was thinking about going gold for a month or two to get full bank and inventory slots for all my new characters. Its cheaper then just buying the slots bit by bit.

Based on where I was before gold and there after, there was over 20,000 silver players waiting. This magical queue seems to be a great way to motivate people to subscribe.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you think will happen if everyone goes gold eh, oops you are screwed again.
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rezking wrote: »

It is only slightly broken and the devs are working on it.

I have had only slight wait times to log in over the past two days.

As the old American Express ads stated... "Membership has it's privileges"

... a gaming rig and high speed internet doesn't hurt either :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    mujinn21mujinn21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Giving preferential treatment to only people that pay a sub is a bit of bull****. There are silver players who do pay this company money for items in the game and they should have gotten put into a special queue just like the gold status players. Anyone who buys something should really be put on gold status as it should mean, "this player paid us some money so we should treat them right". OR put in another status over silver but not quite gold that does the same thing. Not all silver status players are just playing it totally free there are some of us who have paid for a ship or bought the starter pack in this last patch that should have gotten something more out of it then some fancy ship we can't fly because we are stuck in a long TRIBBLE queue.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any thoughts of subbing are cut short when I see that the same server issues that were occurring prior to the LoR launch are still occurring, with several new ones to boot, and all this ignoring the queue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mujinn21 wrote: »
    Giving preferential treatment to only people that pay a sub is a bit of bull****. There are silver players who do pay this company money for items in the game and they should have gotten put into a special queue just like the gold status players. Anyone who buys something should really be put on gold status as it should mean, "this player paid us some money so we should treat them right". OR put in another status over silver but not quite gold that does the same thing. Not all silver status players are just playing it totally free there are some of us who have paid for a ship or bought the starter pack in this last patch that should have gotten something more out of it then some fancy ship we can't fly because we are stuck in a long TRIBBLE queue.

I'd be willing to bet that Cryptic believes that anyone who shells out $200-$300 to become a LTS will more likely spend even more cash over the long run verses a free to play individual who has no such large monetary investment / commitment, hence the "front of the line" treatment.

As for your situation, I agree that Cryptic either underestimated the log-in demand, or simply did not have the funds to provide sufficient "bandwidth".

Branflakes has posted that they are aware and hopefully you will be able to get in soon.

Best of luck and keep the faith. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Branflakes has posted that they are aware and hopefully you will be able to get in soon.

Six hours later... no update que is bigger yes, you will be in "soon" lmao
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    What do you think will happen if everyone goes gold eh, oops you are screwed again.

I disagree....

Cryptic's uses all these new members to convince Perfect World to invest in more servers/bandwidth for the game...

So everyone wins! :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    azegorazegor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to pay money to compensate for a company's negligence and lack of foresight when it comes to product availability. Cryptic isn't new to this industry. They knew this would be a problem and, instead of fixing it, decided to monetize it.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Giving preferential treatment to only people that pay a sub is a bit of bull****.

Why? Getting priority login is clearly listed as one of the things you get with a gold membership. It's no secret.
    om3ga13om3ga13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying to get ahead of que or go faster in it is stupid, I play other mmo's and they don't have que's at all, want to TRIBBLE customer's off or make people play other games instead put a que in. I have been around since Beta, I buy ships often usually every 3 months I might buy 1-2, or something else like two 10 packs of keys and 1 ship or clothes for my toon. I don't think anyone should have to have a que and gold or lifetime members shouldn't get special treatment that just says hey if you got the money then we pay attention to you first. Some people maybe just don't have the money to be a lifetime member. I have over 1400 hours of game time and plan to add more but I will spend more time in que it seems then in game and that needs to change.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Why? Getting priority login is clearly listed as one of the things you get with a gold membership. It's no secret.
    Because a product should be available on the demand of the customer and not the providing company's leisure. To force a user that has already paid into that product to pay even more money to gain access to the product the user has already paid for is a horrible business practice and should be criticized and not defended.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azegor wrote: »
    Because a product should be available on the demand of the customer and not the providing company's leisure. To force a user that has already paid into that product to pay even more money to gain access to the product the user has already paid for is a horrible business practice and should be criticized and not defended.

You should call the police. I had no idea cryptic was visiting peoples houses and forcing them to do stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to pay money to compensate for a company's negligence and lack of foresight when it comes to product availability. Cryptic isn't new to this industry. They knew this would be a problem and, instead of fixing it, decided to monetize it.

Cryptic is not EA or Blizzard. Dan Stahl has stated that Cryptic takes a very conservative position when spending money. This is why this game is still around even with its previous difficulties.

My only hope is that this conservative approach does not hurt the game in the long run... i.e. yours and many others log-in woes. :(
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You youngun's....You don't know how good you have it. Back in the day, we didn't have fancy things like queues. On launch days (game or expansion), we'd have to type our user name and password and then click Play over (all three steps) and over and over until we no longer got "Connection Refused" and actually logged in.

And we liked it!

:)
  • Options
    tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ever stayed at a hotel, ever traveled, or even some fancy restaurant, participated in any service providing entity?
    You WILL SEE status and membership has its perks.

And you bought currency / items not membership.
  • Options
    toonameowttoonameowt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to pay money to compensate for a company's negligence and lack of foresight when it comes to product availability.

Come now; is Delta Airlines negligent or lacking in foresight whenever they oversell a given flight? Of course not; they know from experience that a given percentage of paid passengers simply won't show up. Delta and PWE both manage their resources in order to sustain a given anticipated load. From PWE's perspective, today (and this weekend) is a unusual situation that will mean unusually high load. Sure, there are some means to mitigate that, but building a ton of network and server capacity that will rarely if ever get used isn't a very wise method.
    Cryptic isn't new to this industry. They knew this would be a problem and, instead of fixing it, decided to monetize it.

Ridiculous. You don't build out data or communications infrastructure to cope with the maximum *possible*load. You build it to support the anticipated *routine* load, plus a percentage beyond that. To build infrastructure to support *every customer you have at once* would be wasteful of resources. Even your phone company doesn't have enough lines -- landline and cell combined -- for everyone in your area to make a phone call at once. Is your phone company TRIBBLE you by doing that? I think not.

Look, I've been a top-level frequent flyer on several US airlines, and a paid sub or LTS for this game amounts to the same thing. If you want priority treatment, pony up for a paid sub or an LTS. By the same token, if a snowstorm prevents two people from flying out of Boston in the middle of the winter, someone's who's a Platinum Medallion on Delta and who was booked in First Class is going to get on a plane way ahead of someone who scored a cheap coach ticket on Priceline.

No disrespect intended, but that's simply the way business works.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    The qeue itself is just 1 reason they will not get my visa number, the past months server crashes is the other. I can wait a couple hours to get in considering I just switched characters after buying the majority of gear for my just turned last night lvl 40. If there wasnt huge server crashes this month then this ridiculous qeue then i would get gold, but coming soon is neverwinter and that means once it gets released we will be dealing with more downtime that I would have paid for.

If neverwinter gets released and STO doesnt go down then i may reconsider, but until then paying for downtime is not high on my list of priorities and the company needs to prove it can dependantly provide a service that I will pay for. So far the proof is they cannot provide 99.9% uptime withoutcounting regular server maintanence and patch schedules. Anyone who subscribes right now is either stupid, a fool, or has more expendable cash than the recession has left me with.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be a conspiracy if they hadent said that gold and lifers get priority login in the f2p matrix. I doubt the ques are really 20k deep though, it isnt eactly an international blockbuster of a game, its a market-relative tiny 'expansion' for a game that failed so hard it was forced to go f2p, one of the smallest games on the market with the nerve to call itself an mmo.

I wouldnt be surprised to know subs went up this month just so people could get that priority login, I wouldnt call it conspiracy, its just business.

It will influence my future investments in PWE/Cryptic titles though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'de like to see all these people who claim they have same 'rights' as subscribers to walk into 'premier' or 'reserved' lounges they have at airports, just because they have booked a flight.

People who have subscribed quite rightly are put at the front of the que. If you dont like this, then you have the option to subscribe as well, nobody is stopping you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dragon47 wrote: »
    You youngun's....You don't know how good you have it. Back in the day, we didn't have fancy things like queues. On launch days (game or expansion), we'd have to type our user name and password and then click Play over (all three steps) and over and over until we no longer got "Connection Refused" and actually logged in.

And we liked it!

:)

Uphill both ways in hip deep snow with no shoes I'll bet.

Did you have to beat off wolves with your keyboard and trap wild game with your wired mouse? :D
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    You should call the police. I had no idea cryptic was visiting peoples houses and forcing them to do stuff.
    You should read the entire sentence. I had no idea that basic reading comprehension was so lacking in our society.
    Cryptic is not EA or Blizzard. Dan Stahl has stated that Cryptic takes a very conservative position when spending money. This is why this game is still around even with its previous difficulties.

My only hope is that this conservative approach does not hurt the game in the long run... i.e. yours and many others log-in woes. :(
    What a company says and what a company does is two completely different things. And saying something along the lines of, "Well, at least they're not *place company here*," doesn't make the company in question any better. We shouldn't accept bad business practices from one company merely because there are companies out there that are worse.

Whether or not they're conservative with their money is also not really a consideration in this case, because if they can't afford to provide their product then they shouldn't try to sell it to us. If you can't afford servers to provide an online service then you don't collect money from people, promise them that service and then don't deliver on that service.

When did this sort of thing become acceptable? When did we, as consumers, decide that we deserve this sort of treatment from the businesses we give our money to? When did we become so addicted to this sort of treatment that we began to defend those who exploit us, throw our money at them and beg for more?
    I'de like to see all these people who claim they have same 'rights' as subscribers to walk into 'premier' or 'reserved' lounges they have at airports, just because they have booked a flight.

People who have subscribed quite rightly are put at the front of the que. If you dont like this, then you have the option to subscribe as well, nobody is stopping you.
    You don't need to walk through the premier lounge to get to your flight. You DO have to log in to access *anything* you've purchased in-game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You should read the entire sentence. I had no idea that basic reading comprehension was so lacking in our society.

Oh I can read fine, and you cant wriggle out of it that easily. Either something was being forced or is wasnt.

The simple fact is that cryptic is not and likely will never be in position to force anyone to do anything.
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked simply for the Devs and big muckity mucks to add server space because of the popularity of this darn good game because of the extended wait times. Now as to buying Gold membership if I had the money I would, However I am disabled and spent time in the hospital 2 months ago and am still trying to recover and trying to catch up on bills. Now if you understand what I am saying, it is that I am on a fixed income and cannot work due to my med load and physical limitations so I cannot afford it along with the Romulan stuff or any other stuff.

I would also assume there are others that are in the same boat. Now I agree with you if all the person is doing is being a whiner then tell them to take a long walk off a short pier into deep water. So again, I will reiterate The post I made earlier in a server wait thread, I ask the Devs to please add more server space to handle all the players it is only to their and the players benefit. Have fun and good hunting. :D
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You don't need to walk through the premier lounge to get to your flight. You DO have to log in to access *anything* you've purchased in-game.

Well you have just defeated your own argument. You can still access whatever you have purchased, but if you dont have a sub, you will have to wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh I can read fine, and you cant wriggle out of it that easily. Either something was being forced or is wasnt.

The simple fact is that cryptic is not and likely will never be in position to force anyone to do anything.
    They can force you to wait in their queues if you want access to what you paid for. That's what I said. You're misrepresenting my statement so that you can formulate an argument against it. It's called a straw man.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They can force you to wait in their queues if you want access to what you paid for. That's what I said. You're misrepresenting my statement so that you can formulate an argument against it. It's called a straw man.

So does an airport 'force' you to wait in line, when other people chose to pay to get ahead faster?

Does a theme park 'force' you to wait in line, when other people pay a bit more to get ahead in the que?

Where is all this 'forcing' comming from?

Nobody is 'forcing' you to do anything, you have the same option to subscribe as everybody else dont you?

Or is somebody 'forcing' you not to?