test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just make it EC and simplify

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Reputation System
Two things: One I agree with the Account Bound thing.

Two: Instead of making us pay Expertise, Marks, and some random junk that you have to painstakingly buy and which stacks horribly why not just get it done and over with and admit that it is an EC sink? Just let me pay the stupid 50K~200K EC in addition to the Marks and Expertise. That would make it a lot less annoying to do the reputation system.
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it's because commodities are easier to transport than Energy Credits.
    I supply my fleet some resources for their Projects, because I can. No EC sink there.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not understand why there are not more vendors. New Romulus is a business opportunity, so where are the business men?

This is in my view a general lacking concept with vendors, you can buy this here and that there. You can buy a pair of shoes in New York and a jacket in Sacramento, wow, what an economy.

And the issue of stacks of course. This is also a general thing, let me buy and stack up things to 100 at least.

Talking about an EC sink. It is funny, but the Tauw Dewa patrol, brings in more EC than you spend on Romulus reputation, when you sell the loot that drops in those missions (you should do those where you kill stuff, of course). Anyway, my characters with full or almost full Romulus reputation are richer than the ones that are low on the reputation ladder.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to make GPL worth something in this game or at least allow us to convert it into other types of currencies. EC is nice, but seems a lot harder to stockpile than a lot of the other materials required.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it's because commodities are easier to transport than Energy Credits.
    I supply my fleet some resources for their Projects, because I can. No EC sink there.

You could have sold them for ECs so that was still a sink. Commodities are in no way easier to transport. EC does not take up a slot in my inventory or bank.

f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Also some stuff is free, its easy to get stuff with Marauding DOFF assigments not counting drops.

Then you have the discount console in the Embassy, the discount vendors that sure makes a but annoying but also saves up.

The only nuisance is the stacks, 20 for consumables and 250 for commodities, if it was 999 for both it would cease to be a real issue unless you fail at math or cannot check STO wiki.

But I could sell off the Free stuff to Vendors for EC's and still be able to pay my way. The big difference is that I would not have to go around the Galaxy to buy all this stuff at lower prices and waste my inventory space on stacks of 20 and 250.

fovrel wrote: »
    Talking about an EC sink. It is funny, but the Tauw Dewa patrol, brings in more EC than you spend on Romulus reputation, when you sell the loot that drops in those missions (you should do those where you kill stuff, of course). Anyway, my characters with full or almost full Romulus reputation are richer than the ones that are low on the reputation ladder.

This is so true. STF's are not so kind but the Romulan Sector Patrol can really rake in the cash. I get around 500K every time I do it.