test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashes to Desktop

warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The game has crashed to desktop multiple times across 2 computers. Both computers eventually run the game just fine, so the hardware isn't really in question. However after character select, the game begins to load, and then it crashes.

Anyone else having random client crashes?
Post edited by warpedcore on

Comments

• fletch246xxxfletch246xxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game crashed while in exchange checking DOFFS
  • timorbelartimorbelar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same exact problem, can be doing something at ESD or just running some where and then I hear a beep sound and the game crashes saying there was an error. Why all the problems?
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, refining my original complaint. My Romulan will not login, all of my other characters will. When I click on the Romulan and get through my place in the queue, it crashes to desktop at the loading screen. The character is in the NR Command center.
  • zodiacstrikerzodiacstriker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not random but constant. I CTD every time I try to beam down to Crateris on 3rd romulan mission.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran an stf, warped to esd. was standing there for 1 min, game crashes...

thats what I love to see. 2 hours in queue to play 1 hour before a random crash

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not having crashes on any of my other toons. I'm Just not able to get in game with my Romulan. It goes to the load in screen then the whole thing just crashes.
  • negativeangel84negativeangel84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My game crashes very often. I can sometimes play for 5 minutes and then crash or sometimes can do a fleet action, then crash. I can be idling in space doing nothing and crash or standing around looking at the exchange for a few minutes then crash.
    There is no explanation for it, and trying to ask Cryptic for support is hopeless.

Their basic reply is "some people crash and some people don't"

My Current spec:

Clevo P170EM
    Core i7 3720QM 2.6ghz (no OC)
    ATI HD 7970m
    16GB RAM
    128GB SSD + 500GB HDD

What is very strange is my old laptop which is much slower could run the game without any issues at all. Not too sure if there was a patch in between my upgrade though that caused everything to crash.

Old Spec:

Acer Aspire 6920G
    Core 2 duo T9500 2.5ghz
    Nvidia 9500m GS
    4GB RAM
    250GB HDD

I've changed graphic drivers and even rolled back to stock drivers, still crashes. Updated all mobo drivers, checked thermals, cleared all other running processes and it still crashes and all Cryptic have to say is this:

Hello,

It may not be detecting the proper card, or is having some conflict. The issue itself is generally related to driver problems. We have many users with ATI cards that have no problems at all, and do have some users with problems.

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team

If you can see there are players with problems, how about FIXING IT!
  • kilane94kilane94 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Game crashes for me all the time now, nothing to do with my computer as it was running just fine two days ago (havent used it in the meantime) maybe it has something to do with a faulty patch?
  • leshardleshard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the same problem with the game crashing while walking around or just standing. Now my characters do not even appear on the character selection screen when I login.

Is anyone else unable to login now?