test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Error Updating Subscription

johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2014 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this when trying to purchase the lifetime subscription?

I tried the day before yesterday to buy Lifetime but got this error. Had no response from CS yet which suggests I'll probably get a reply after the promotion ends and be forced to pay the full price. :frown:
Post edited by johnstonsimon on

Comments

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this when trying to purchase the lifetime subscription?

I tried the day before yesterday to buy Lifetime but got this error. Had no response from CS yet which suggests I'll probably get a reply after the promotion ends and be forced to pay the full price. :frown:
    I have never gotten an error from any purchases done via PWE (Zen wise specifically). Sorry :frown:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Glad to hear you've had no problems.

Well after being passed to a different department (probably the other side of the planet) I have a reply but not unexpectedly it doesn't addressing my issue. I'm thinking that it's likely I'm having divine intervention trying to help me save my money.

Super frown at emoticons not working either....
  • johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know you have to admire the way that customer service works and emulating the whole Star Trek them and in particular long range communications on subspace. I mean where in the modern world of instant communication can it take three days to get a coherent answer. And of course now the promotion has ended.

Won't somebody beam me up already...
  • goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I am getting the same error!! PWE, if you can fix this in the next 12 days, you get $200 from me. If not, I won't buy a LTS. Ready, GO!!!
  • captahaabcaptahaab Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I purchased mine on OCT 24th using paypal. It forced me to do an echeck even though I had enough money in my paypal. Anyway I would be fine with that but the Echeck cleared on 10/28 but I havent seen anything from cryptic about it being activated. How long does it take?

nevermind. customer service fixed my problem!
    askray wrote: »
    I have never gotten an error from any purchases done via PWE (Zen wise specifically). Sorry :frown:
  • sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same error no indication of why, i have plenty of money. F2P now, do I have to buy a regular sub first? THis situation is annoying 2 days left to decide and just shut out
  • majorstormmajorstorm Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this problem as well.

Irritating part is the process charges a transaction fee to my credit card but won't charge the lifetime subscription fee and not update my account.

Raised a ticket which got auto knocked back because the bots thought it was log in issue. I raised another ticket to billing this time. fingers crossed they can work it out!
  • babagahnooshbabagahnoosh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    majorstorm wrote: »
    ...fingers crossed they can work it out!

Have you gotten a response to your ticket yet? I submitted one myself this morning for the same thing and have yet to hear back from them.
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having a similar problem. I have bought a boxed copy of STO and tried to use the key to resubscribe. It didn't subscribe me and now it is telling me that the key has already been used.

I have submitted a ticket that will take a week to be replied to and probably will resolve nothing.
  • raiden911raiden911 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am trying to buy lts too, but for some reason the amt is shown in euro. :confused:

support "automated" response wasnt helpful.
  • majorstormmajorstorm Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you gotten a response to your ticket yet? I submitted one myself this morning for the same thing and have yet to hear back from them.

Only an automated response. Said they're too overburdened with horde of tickets and won't be able to respond in the standard 2 day response time.

I tried again after work (off peak time in U.S.) and the registration worked for me so I closed the ticket. Try registering again when servers aren't flooded with players is all I can suggest.
  • domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue.

Guess I'll submit a ticket and see what happens.
  • albikanalbikan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've purchased the Legacy Pack through Steam and followed the guidelines to procure the contents but no matter how many times I try, nothing happens.

The frustration has taken me to discover a long list of complains issued towards Perfect World by frustrated customers at the Better Bussiness Bureau.

This is the first time someone has exceeded Electronic Arts or Bioware lows on customer support.

Once you pay, it is their burden to provide.

I tried reaching them by phone but it gives the impression all phones are set on loop. One hour and 30 attempts later it was clear that they are sore under pressure paying the price of biting more than they can chew.

Still, once I paid it is their burden to provide. I did not pay to wait nor discover how bad their customer service is. I paid to acquire goods and enjoy them.

I hope they can luster up and properly address this grievances.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    albikan wrote: »
    I've purchased the Legacy Pack through Steam and followed the guidelines to procure the contents but no matter how many times I try, nothing happens.....
    So have you tried posting this issue in the Billing section of the PWE Tech Support Forum ???

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
  • rtw77rtw77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue or that others are having a hard time getting a response from crypt. I put in a question on this issue to tech support two days ago and have only gotten an automated e-mail saying that they're currently have a high volume of tickets and that it may take a while for a response.

I've tried several time since to sign up for a lifetime, but it fails each and every time.
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bavio, you don't need to re-enter that keys, it is already in file.

just enter your username and password that you had before, if forgotten, then use forget password and then use email.
    then check email for password reset.

I did too want to upgrade to lifetime, that billing website still creating errors and PWE wont admit it, they just said adjust browser settings. I tried and it is not safe.

I might try my old PC because it still got older version browser and see if I can able to process, will let you folks know.
  • docsantinodocsantino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi everyone,

I had this same problem as well. I tried using different browsers with no success. I finally caved and paid using paypal (direct transfer from checking account). Problem solved.
  • kaiwrenkaiwren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok we discovered the problem. It attempts to charge to the Netherlands so the credit card companies were automatically denying the charge as a security method. Once we called and verified it was legitimate it worked correctly.

This was my issue, as well, and it was also resolved by a phone call to my credit card cardmember service.
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    let the billing team to know.
    it finally works!

thank you very much.
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I purchased a Lifetime Subscription on the 24th of May 2013, the E-check cleared Paypal on the 30th of May... today is the 12th of June and still no LTS. Yes I sent a ticket; 3 in fact and still no coherent response from Perfect World or Cryptic. I hope they get it together soon.
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    askray wrote: »

You cannot purchase LTS with Zen.

Evidently you can't do it with Paypal either as I'm now 19 days after purchase and still waiting.... I did send a few tickets all but one of which were auto closed without anything being done. The one ticket that remains open simply has an auto-reply that says they will presume my issue is solved if they don't hear from me within 168 hours.

I've been gaming online for about a decade and I must say I've never been treated this poorly by anything euphemistically called "customer service."
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I received the same "Error Updating Subscription" message. However, my account was still charged, and I got no LTS. I've submitted a ticket, but i got the standard automated reply. Does anyone have any help?
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.